• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mandatory Resident Evil 5 thread

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Resident Evil 5

Less than a week to go!

Who is looking forward to it?
Who thinks it will suck?

The initial reviews are now in, and im not sure if im pleased or disappointed. Apparently they have done away with alot of the survival aspects such as limited ammo. And they have changed the focus from horror to action. I will still be getting it whatever happens.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I can't play those games because I cannot move while aiming. I can't play characters that are so moronic as to have their gross motor skills fail while trying to concentrate on shot placement. And ammo management is never fun.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't play those games because I cannot move while aiming. I can't play characters that are so moronic as to have their gross motor skills fail while trying to concentrate on shot placement. And ammo management is never fun.

:threaten: BLASPHEMER!

Naw, I can understand your complaint. I believe the original reason the RE series used such a control scheme was to limit the maneuverability of the players, so making them feel vulnerable. The fact is that zombies are never going to catch you when you can simply walk backwards while firing. Still, games have grown alot since even RE4 and I think the reason they have kept the control scheme is to please the fans more than anything, since its much more action-focused now.

And since im a fan, im happy with it. ^_^

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm looking forward to it, because the graphics looked good from what I seen on the trailers, and it's really horrific.

Seriously.

... I played Resident Evil 4 solely for the horror, and repeated the game a number of times because you get to purchase better, more interesting weapons in the next stages. Having to beat "Professional Level" is the only thing that keeps the game interesting nowadays.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I played the first Resident Evil and thought it was pretty cool. I usually don't like first/third person shooter games, but they really did the horror vibe right and made the game cool. I played the demo of RE5, and it looks like they took out the horror vibe and just made it a game about shooting a lot of zombies.

I'm giving RE5 a pass.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I played Resident Evil 4 solely for the horror

Wait, what horror?

I think they should just give up on the survival/horror label. It's neither about surviving nor being scared, anymore.

That being said, I found RE4 entertaining as a shooter. I'm not sure RE5 is different enough to warrant a purchase, though. Seems like the exact same formula. What else did they change about the setting and the graphics?

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
It was scary at first, but yeah - it did get normal and quite action-packed eventually...

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
I think they should just give up on the survival/horror label. It's neither about surviving nor being scared, anymore.

There's always Silent Hill...

While I'm definately going to play RE5, I doubt that I will enjoy it as much as the previous incarnations. The emphasis seems to be on cooperative play with the second character, which is almost more annoying than fun and further takes the series away from the Survival Horror theme.