• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If types were RPG classes...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends on the RPG I suppose.

I'm a huge fan of Arcanum so I based it on that. But Machinist works too!

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Depends on the RPG I suppose.

I'm a huge fan of Arcanum so I based it on that. But Machinist works too!

Neverwinter Nights was my pick when I had free time, highschool days come back!!

(though machinist wasn't a class in there, I just thought it sounded more unique).

deleted
ISTJ - Assassin/Rogue
INTJ - Warlock

Traditional

Barbarian - XSTP
Bard - XSFP
Fighter - EXTJ
Healer - XSFJ
Rogue - ISTX
Scout - ENXJ
Sorcerer - XNFP
Wizard - INXJ
Tinker - XNTP

WoW

Death Knight - TJ
Druid - SP
Hunter - IS
Mage - NF
Paladin - EJ
Priest - IF
Rogue - ST
Shaman - NP
Warlock - NT
Warrior - ET

ESFJ - paladin, with all that comes with it ;)

Agreed

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Holy crap! I can only function as a Paladin in WoW, I guess I'm ENFJ. D:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not much for casters so that usually influences me in games.

WoW I used to be hunter, eventually went shaman, though enhancement for a long time. Until I went elemental for multibloxing but other then that always prefered non caster based classes.

Same for any other game, if there's a non caster class, that's what I'll be.

SpaghettiMonster

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm a recovering MMORPG addict. I shoudn't be here...

Fluffywolf said:
Same for any other game, if there's a non caster class, that's what I'll be.
+1

Tried WoW for three days and I chose Warlock to be "different". I could've played Solitaire and achieved the same level of excitement.

Bo-ring.

I prefer long range fighters and pure healers. Hunters because of the intricate strategies involved when soloing (those squishy little things!) and healers because they're typically the hardest class to play.

How NT of me. :rolli:

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
So....I used to play Guild Wars all the time. I logged about 3,200 hours or so over 3 years. Anyone ever played that?

My favored classes both agree with and contradict what has been stated here. My favorite classes were the Mesmer, Warrior, and Assassin. Go figure, (Mage, Warrior, and Rogue, all in one.)

I suppose I should be specific. I liked using the Mesmer because you could set up to totally shut down one specific opposing build, or another opposing class. (You'd have to generalize then, and assume what they would do, but it worked most of the time.) This made me invaluable in dispensing bosses. (because I could cripple them beyond belief and deal armor-ignoring damage by exploiting weaknesses and interrupting spells.)

People usually hated me in PvP as well, because I would set up as anti-Caster or anti-Melee. I've had a few people cuss me out because of it. All in good fun, though, eh?

I liked the Warrior for three reasons... For one, he was the money-maker. I could farm with him, do runs, etc, to get gold. For two, I enjoyed being able to help people out as a Warrior, by providing tank skills (protecting weaker classes) and doing "hench-runs", where I'd take someone though an area without taxing them too much in terms of time, skills, energy, or cooperation. Thirdly, the Warriors had really sweet-looking swords. And I'm vain like that.

The Assassin I liked for almost the same reason I liked the Mesmer -- you could set up to do a quick-kill on whatever target you wanted. Grab some armor ignoring stuff, or some status effects, stack degeneration, and stab away. I would typically warp in, daze, knock down, inflict poison, deal damage, hit with signet, warp away, run to safety.

I also strongly preferred playing in PvE with AI-controlled allies known as Heroes (or Henchmen). I found most people to be either irritating, or hindering. My AI-controlled buddies would *always* listen to me. = )

Control freak, much?

So, perhaps type isn't so much related to the class itself, but how the class is played. I know many people who used the classes I used for different reasons. (Yes, all you loser Assassins that think you're a tank, this means you.)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
So....I used to play Guild Wars all the time. I logged about 3,200 hours or so over 3 years. Anyone ever played that?

Zomg. I was quite addicted to that for a while.

I especially enjoyed playing Monks. The rush of keeping track of everything on the battlefield, making split second decisions on who to heal, when and where to use enchants. Keeping track of the enemy to watch where they're going to hit and how. Conserving mana and time. All while being chased by an enemy warrior and hexed to hell by a Mesmer.

Gauche

ISTJ - Assassin/Rogue
INTJ - Warlock

Traditional

Barbarian - XSTP
Bard - XSFP
Fighter - EXTJ
Healer - XSFJ
Rogue - ISTX
Scout - ENXJ
Sorcerer - XNFP
Wizard - INXJ
Tinker - XNTP

WoW

Death Knight - TJ
Druid - SP
Hunter - IS
Mage - NF
Paladin - EJ
Priest - IF
Rogue - ST
Shaman - NP
Warlock - NT
Warrior - ET

Seems pretty reasonable, but few suggestion doesn't resonate with me,
like that mage, I'd say it's trademark NT, while warlock is more of NF/NT/ESTP (more NF because imagine murky depressed NF, he'd choose dark, forsaken class - warlock :D), and another for NFs 'd be paladins and healers.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
When I played WoW in 2005 or so, I was an undead warlock. Demonic undead powers.

coldbluewaves

MBTI Type
ISFJ
When i played LOTRO i chose a Guardian (Tank) because i liked the idea of protecting others and taking the beating for them (i guess). (Pure) Healer was my third choice, IIRC.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
One of my favourite characters was a halfling troubleshooter. His class was as a thief, but he was played as a neutral good security expert. Essentially I used to scout for the party, neutralize traps and solve the puzzles :)

One of my favourite role playing games is vampires the masquerade. The GM thought that the clan most suited to my personality was that of ventrue. Essentially they lead the camerilla, and although I was new to the game I was immediately instated as head of the group (although how effective I was is still unknown to me as the idea of the game is to secretly plot against your opponents).

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don't see ENFP as druid. Too nature-centered for a personality type imo.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can anybody fill in the D&D 4.0 classes, I wonder?

Artificer -
Avenger -
Barbarian -
Bard -
Cleric -
Druid -
Fighter -
Invoker -
Paladin -
Ranger -
Rogue -
Shaman -
Sorcerer -
Swordmage -
Warden -
Warlock -
Warlord -
Wizard -

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
See i am an infj and i love being the big bad thirsty for a fight barbarian or warforged or best of all very very mischevious gnome. you know the type of gnome that makes everyone think that an ancient red dragon has landed on the camp ouf of nowhere and must fight for their lives?- that one,lol

i am always chaotic neutral with flirtations of turning evil but the paladin or cleric never let me,lol.