• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek: The Next Generation MBTI

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: ESTJ
Commander William Riker: ESTP
Geordi LaForge: ISFP
Data: INTJ
Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENTJ
Wesley Crusher: INTP
Worf: ISTJ
Counselor Deanna Troi: ENFJ
Miles O'Brien: ESFJ
Keiko O'Brien: INFP
Tasha Yar: ISTP
Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFJ
Q: ENTP

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP

I may be a little rusty on these, but I think Picard is an INFJ or INTJ, Data an INTP, Deanna an INFP or ENFP.

Q - ENTP looks right.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your list looks about right, but Picard is INTJ, Deanna Troi is an INFP, Data is an INTP (ENTP when he has his emotions chip installed), Dr Crusher is an INFJ,

I've heard of Geordi being an ENTP or ESTP. On the "mypersonality.info" website it says he is ENTJ (which I don't believe). Why do you think he is ISFP?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your list looks about right, but Picard is INTJ, Deanna Troi is an INFP, Data is an INTP (ENTP when he has his emotions chip installed), Dr Crusher is an INFJ,

I've heard of Geordi being an ENTP or ESTP. On the "mypersonality.info" website it says he is ENTJ (which I don't believe). Why do you think he is ISFP?

Hmm, yeah I guess Picard probably is INTJ. I hadn't considered that but now that you mention it, it makes more sense than ESTJ.

I dunno, I really get that INFJ vibe from Troi; I mean, she's literally an emotional psychic. Like a fictional sci-fi exaggeration of an INFJ's abilities! (In other words, I'll give you I for her, but not necessarily P just yet.)

Data seems much more confident in his abilities than most INTPs. I just get this crazy dominant Ni vibe from him. He just has no emotions, and so his calm and open manner is simply a function of being completely and totally 100% T, more than any real person, not of P-motivated flexibility--he cares as much as he is programmed to care, but for most of the series he doesn't really feel any actual emotions. He is only considerate as far it is rational to be considerate.

When it comes to his core values, he is rigid and inflexible. He will not break Starfleet regulations...most INTPs I know don't really hold dogmatically to any kind of arbitrary outside-imposed code of law like that. Data reminds me of my INTJ father (himself, coincidentally, a big TNG fan), who is literally the most ethically conscious and law-abiding citizen I have ever known. He is not very good with direct shows of emotion, but I know he cares deeply and I've learned to recognize that and appreciate his intellectual abilities.

Once he has the emotion chip, I'd agree with ENTP...Lore is certainly ENTJ, though.

Suppose I got a little off topic there. Anyway, Geordi is obviously introverted; numerous episodes stress how shy he is around women. His obvious natural understanding of the mechanical systems involved in engineering, and brilliance in improvisational, practical task-oriented problem solving on the fly, seem to me very SP, and all the major characters seem very able to open up to him. He's very, very F and it shows. ENTJ for him is absolute silliness.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my mis-judgment of Geordi comes from the fact that I know pretty much nothing about the Artisans, but what you say makes sense.

I think everyone types Data as INTP simply because Fe is on the very end of their functions list (main ones anyway) and he is for the most part of the series unable to get in touch with that.

If we got very technical I'd say Data has all non feeling functions totally balanced, he is literally the perfect being (intellectual wise). He can think rapidly or on one thought, etc. What I meant by all non feeling functions balanced was that he has Se, Si, Ni, Ne, Ti, and Te totally working and in tact for him. It's very hard to type a machine.

INFPs are "emotionally psychic" too in a sense. In order to understand someone, I usually take on people's emotions to feel them for myself, she does this in a very extreme sense. In some episodes she is totally disfunctional simply because she is feeling someone's intense emotions, this is very much how an INFP can get (with their own emotions, and those come from within or from other people). Her Fi is crazy over active, I don't see how INFJ is a choice.

I always confused Dr. Crusher between T and F, but in the end she seems like a very balanced INFJ. She uses her tertiary thinking a lot that's for sure, and she is also very warm and sensitive.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs are "emotionally psychic" too in a sense. In order to understand someone, I usually take on people's emotions to feel them for myself, she does this in a very extreme sense. In some episodes she is totally disfunctional simply because she is feeling someone's intense emotions, this is very much how an INFP can get (with their own emotions, and those come from within or from other people). Her Fi is crazy over active, I don't see how INFJ is a choice.

I always confused Dr. Crusher between T and F, but in the end she seems like a very balanced INFJ. She uses her tertiary thinking a lot that's for sure, and she is also very warm and sensitive.

I think Troi is using a lot more Fe than Fi. From the socionics article on wiki:

Fe is responsible for the perception of an emotional state in an individual and the bodily and linguistic expression of emotions.

I think INFJ can become dysfunctional over the emotions of others in exactly the same way, sometimes even worse because the J makes them prone to inflexibility. INFPs are hurt by the struggles and emotional pains of humanity, but don't develop guilt complexes over not actively doing anything about it the way INFJs do.

I called her ENFJ because I got a dominant Fe vibe from her, not Fi. Her Fi is no slouch either, but her empathy for others is directly related to perception of their emotional states and she comes on VERY strong in her bodily and linguistic expressions of emotions.

Crusher could be INFJ. I dunno; I'd have to go back and watch some of these episodes again.

R

Riva

this is sooooooooooooooooo funny! :yim_rolling_on_the_

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
what about the borg? lolz

ENFJ or ENTJ, depending on how you see them. Definitely Te or Fe gone out of control and enslaving Ni to it's purposes (not Si, Si couldn't produce something like that).

I'd say ENFJ, because I see Fe being completely engulfed by it's own Ti shadow. I'd say the Matrix is the ENTJ equivalent. Unless I've got them backwards, which I might. :doh:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am not a big fan but I will reply.

I think that most people don't understand one thing about Star Trek.
Which is that all main characters have two personalities.
(on duty and off duty)

On duty

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: xNTJ
Commander William Riker: ESTJ
Geordi LaForge: ENTP
Dr. Beverly Crusher: xNxJ

Off duty

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: INXJ
Geordi LaForge: ISxP
Data: INTP
Dr. Beverly Crusher: IXFJ
Wesley Crusher: INXP
Counselor Deanna Troi: INFP

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hah! Interesting; I hadn't thought of it that way but it totally explains the differences.

+1

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
Geordi LaForge: ENTJ
Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENFJ
Wesley Crusher: ENTP
Worf: ISFJ
Counselor Deanna Troi: INFJ
Miles O'Brien: ISTP
Keiko O'Brien: ENFP

----

hard to type tho, cause they are mostly fictional personalities

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Yeah, somehow the following clips don't remind me of an INTP :D Data cracks me up when he has his emotion chip in him. HAHAHAHAHA!

[YOUTUBE="8ZeK1si4kPg"]Lifeforms.[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="h9hg0uMwUrI"]Oh Sh---[/YOUTUBE]

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This cracks me up!!! Like EXFJ and IST?.

[YOUTUBE="kDEsh5len-M"]Muhaha :devil:[/YOUTUBE]

R

Riva

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
Geordi LaForge: ENTJ
Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENFJ
Wesley Crusher: ENTP
Worf: ISFJ
Counselor Deanna Troi: INFJ
Miles O'Brien: ISTP
Keiko O'Brien: ENFP

----

hard to type tho, cause they are mostly fictional personalities

bullshit. easy to type cus fictional characters are known to have unchanging personalities. Few very Few change.
Which is not the case in real people. real people change everytime they take a piss.

What you randomly enter a 4 letter code so that all the personality types are included????

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
bullshit. easy to type cus fictional characters are known to have unchanging personalities. Few very Few change.
Which is not the case in real people. real people change everytime they take a piss.

What you randomly enter a 4 letter code so that all the personality types are included????

Wow. You attacked them for taking a guess and acknowledging that they MIGHT be wrong. What are you getting mad about? It's a silly thread about a TV show. Nothing more.

On Worf being ISFJ, after researching the type, he doesn't seem to fit into the ISFJ mold very well. Or maybe there's more to him or ISFJs than I'm familiar with.

At the same time, he does hold his relationships with people higher than his own heritage. In First Contact after Picard directly attacks Worf's honor, Worf responds that "were you any other man, I would kill you where you stand." That part, at least, seems so suit the ISFJ description I read.