• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I bet I’m not the only one here counting the minutes until the premiere of Dollhouse.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Won't be able to watch it until it's out on DVD so I'll be avoiding this thread and all spoilers.

Joss Whedon is my <3.

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
I've definitely been looking forward to it for quite some time as well. I just watched the last episode of Firefly over dinner, since my anticipation's already got me in a Whedon mood. I'll look forward to watching, and to discussing on here.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh, I am totally there. (But I curse living on the West Coast.)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
woohoo i haven't missed it? thanks for the reminder I didn't even realize it was on tonight. I'm kinda spacey that way.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm super excited. I thought it started last week, and i was horribly disappointed when i was wrong, so i'm glad i get to see it tonight.!!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I did too, so I thought I had missed the premiere, two more hours.

edit:watch me forget to turn on the tv again.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
So Echo’s original personality is wiped and she’s a blank slate inbetween the imprint personalities they give her for each new assignment. How the hell are you supposed to type her then??

Still, I couldn’t help seeing her as an ESTP like Faith: the quintessential Se live-in-the-moment, thrill-seeking action hero.

Btw if you missed it, you can watch this episode free online at Fancast | Watch Full TV Shows and Movies Free Online

Works

MBTI Type
INTP
I was talking to a friend about the show the other day. We were arguing whether being a doll would be so bad or if there was anything left of the original person.

We also think that some of the other employees at the dollhouse might have had their memories wiped and implanted.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My favorite part of the first episode was watching the Mutant Enemy who's-who during the opening credits. I hadn't seen some of those names in far too long. :wubbie:

The episode itself was OK. Very boring and meandering until about 2/3's through it, when finally stuff started happening. I'm not sold on the series yet, but Joss Whedon usually needs a hand full of episodes for his series to pick up steam. We'll see.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
SHIT SON! I can't believe this. I am pretty sure that Joss Whedon has been spoiled by the meagre standards of comic book writing or something.

I mean, Whedon HAS turned shit into gold before. I am going to wait and see how the next episode turns out. But man, that was a shitty pilot.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Disappointing, to be sure.

I'm going to wait and see what Tim Minear does with his script. If Tim can't make it cool, then I'm moving on.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's just a pilot. I did think it needed something more exciting, some sort of "hook", and it didn't deliver that yet. Too early to call anything yet though.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
The best of Joss Whedon probably already went into Buffy and Angel, like the best of Chris Carter went into the X-Files. Firefly was almost as good, though it took longer to grow on me than Buffy. And who knows what might have been if Fox hadn’t pulled the plug on it after one season.

The Dollhouse pilot was pretty good, but not great. It has potentional, if they give it a chance. We’ll see.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
But the pilot is supposed to suck you in. Get you excited for more. I'm really not that excited for more of Eliza Dushku's bad acting coupled with her bad dialogue and the most mediocre approach to costuming I have ever seen.

Also as a special effects artist/art director, I think someone should have some serious words with whomever thought it was okay to use a sound booth as the "super high tech memory wipe station."

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But the pilot is supposed to suck you in. Get you excited for more. I'm really not that excited for more of Eliza Dushku's bad acting coupled with her bad dialogue and the most mediocre approach to costuming I have ever seen.

Also as a special effects artist/art director, I think someone should have some serious words with whomever thought it was okay to use a sound booth as the "super high tech memory wipe station."

Once again, thank you FOX.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hah! I am really wondering if Eliza Dushku has the range to pull off a different character each week. Perhaps if they are all like Faith it will be fine.

Also, the bad dialog really disappointed me. Joss Whedon was never the strongest story teller, but he usually nails the dialog and emotion. To have him miss on both counts is disappointing.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
It's just really depressing when this is on right after The Sarah Connor Chronicles because I can see Summer Glau nailing this role. Eliza Dushku is a mediocre actress at best. This is a show that could have been vastly improved with a different lead actress.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's just really depressing when this is on right after The Sarah Connor Chronicles because I can see Summer Glau nailing this role. Eliza Dushku is a mediocre actress at best. This is a show that could have been vastly improved with a different lead actress.

Maggie Q for the win!

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Summer Glau would be amazing as lead.

Did you notice that Eliza Dushku is credited as a Producer/Executive Producer of the show?