• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Good lightweight handgun?

B

beyondaurora

I've been wanting to learn to shoot for several years now, but I have had a hand and arm disability.

I need a handgun that is extremely lightweight and easy to handle. (I put the emphasis on 'extremely' because you men seem to underestimate your strength!)

Any suggestions?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
excluding .22s, you should realize that frequently a "lighter" handgun will have more recoil than a larger handgun in the same caliber

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Kimber .45 Ultra Raptor.
large_ultraraptor2.jpg

It's light and has a lot great deal of stopping power with what is about the minimum possible recoil for a gun of its caliber. I guess it depends a lot of what you're looking for, just sport shooting or something along the lines of personal defence.

B

beyondaurora

excluding .22s, you should realize that frequently a "lighter" handgun will have more recoil than a larger handgun in the same caliber

Yeah, I've heard this, and of course it's a concern. Have you seen this YouTube video (YouTube - Gun is a Kick in the Head) where the the woman gets clocked in the head? I'll pass on having that happen, thank you.

Kimber .45 Ultra Raptor.
large_ultraraptor2.jpg

It's light and has a lot great deal of stopping power with what is about the minimum possible recoil for a gun of its caliber. I guess it depends a lot of what you're looking for, just sport shooting or something along the lines of personal defence.

That's a good-looking gun. Yeah, I'm looking to get into sport shooting which is why I'm looking for something lightweight that I can hold for more than 10 minutes (seriously, I am WEAK) so I can actually become proficient in its use.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
On that note, with the obvious exception of dealing with recoil, a .22 is still good for learning the fundamentals if it's not for self defense.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Might I suggest..
snub_nose_cap_gun_toy.JPG

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Glock 17 only weighs 1.927 lbs when fully loaded. 9x19 parabellum.
It's made out of polymer plastic, except for a few critical parts. It's the most durable
handgun out there, probably. It's almost worse than the AK47. It just won't break :D

Edit: should cost just under 500 dollars. Not that expensive either.
Plus... There's lots of gadgets to put on it if you want to.

Glock_17.JPG

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Might I suggest...

:laugh:

Yeah! You'll be able to defend youself against any cap-gun wielding kid in your neighborhood! Those punks better watch out!

In below-freezing weather, a squirt gun would provide superior self-defense though.

Edit: *notices interesting correlation between this "get a gun!" thread and change to ISTP type*

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:laugh:

Yeah! You'll be able to defend youself against any cap-gun wielding kid in your neighborhood! Those punks better watch out!

In below-freezing weather, a squirt gun would provide superior self-defense though.

Ughh.. cold water would wreck my day here in New England.
That's enough de-railing outta me for one afternoon.