• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Pipe Organ

pholiveira

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This thread is meant as a symbol of appreciation for this most divine instrument that is the pipe organ.

Discuss, glorify, bash, share, do anything you'd like.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKImiR7a4zw"]Daniel Roth - Widor 6th Symphony - 1st Movement[/YOUTUBE]

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Nice thread!

Ok, I shall nominate J.S. Bach's wonderful, soaring Fantasia in G major, BWV 572. If the sound wasn't messed up on my computer at present, I could look for a suitable link, but alas...

And I won't make the obvious Bach choice, I just can't do it, even if it is possibly the best known piece of organ music ever composed... *struggles with temptation*

Toccata and Fugue in D minor

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm not much of a classical music devotee, but I do love some pipe organ.

[youtube=hhONnwek2MM]Boston - Foreplay/Long Time[/youtube]

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[YOUTUBE="Ej1zMxbhOO0"]Hell Yeah![/YOUTUBE]

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not much of a classical music devotee, but I do love some pipe organ.

[youtube=hhONnwek2MM]Boston - Foreplay/Long Time[/youtube]

Oh, man, I love that song.

ragashree, do you mean Toccata and Fugue, etc.? I love that. It's so ominous. :smile:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I love organ music. I need to find some more. I love Bach too, he cannot be beaten.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
ragashree, do you mean Toccata and Fugue, etc.? I love that. It's so ominous. :smile:

Yup, I think it was the origninal Gothic piece, unless I'm very much mistaken! I whited it out because I wanted to see how long it would take someone else to come up with that one ;) Looks like you and Biaxident did the honours!

This recording seems to capture the spirit of the piece rather well. Pity I can't revisit this one or check out anyone else's suggestions due to my lack of sound *kicks computer*. Grr...

YouTube - J.S.Bach-Toccata e Fuga BWV 565-Karl Richter

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, quite possibly my favorite instrument. It can do bass that can shake a building or mimic a flute in feathery lightness.

I like Trinity's Phantom of the Opera suggestion, but this one is my favorite song from the play:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisMerFIsTA"]Phantom of the Opera Overture[/YOUTUBE]

Also, those those classical music fans, we can't forget Saint-Saëns and his Symphony No.3 "Organ". It's a long piece but this clip cuts right to the organ part:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d0itDEs9uo&feature=related"]Classical Organ[/YOUTUBE]

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Nice thread!

Ok, I shall nominate J.S. Bach's wonderful, soaring Fantasia in G major, BWV 572. If the sound wasn't messed up on my computer at present, I could look for a suitable link, but alas...

And I won't make the obvious Bach choice, I just can't do it, even if it is possibly the best known piece of organ music ever composed... *struggles with temptation*

Toccata and Fugue in D minor
I know how you feel. I'm also a fan of Bach's Passacaglia and Fugue in C minor.

S

Sniffles

One of my favorite hymnal tunes:
[youtube="vEpr1x8hkac"]Old Hundredth Psalm Tune[/youtube]

Here's another, more bouncey, version:
[youtube="4C9rpKXG978"]Old Hundredth[/youtube]

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Catholics aren't supposed to like that feisty burger, Peguy.:smile:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about blockbuster movies?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL1TGhQOcV4"]Davy Jones Plays his Organ[/YOUTUBE]

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not going to let this thread die.

One of my favorite movie cues of all time - When Batman goes up the Cathedral to chase after the joker. I wish I could find just the track.

The best parts are at 0:55 and 3:10. I wished I could have found just the music...

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72j4w8Ogjnk"]Batman - Up the Cathedral[/YOUTUBE]