• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RPGs, anyone?

Which ones do you play?

• Pen n' Paper RPGs

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Miniature games

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Video Game RPGs

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Live Action Role-Playing (LARP)

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • None, I'm not a freak! :D

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Just wanted to hear if there are any fellow role-players around here. I'd think there might be quite a few us here. :)

EDIT: It's a MULTI-CHOICE!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I miss playing D&D with my family. We always talk about getting it going again.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I've been role-playing almost 20 years now. And I'm just 24 years old. :shock:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I play D&D 4th edition once a week. About 6 of us play the pen and paper game - I'm the DM at present. We play by conference voice call chatting over Skype (and some free internet tools to simulate dice rolls etc).

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to love video game RPGs. (Nice Baldur's Gate 2 avatar, by the way.) However, I finally got to the point where I couldn't afford spending 50+ hours on a video game, so I had to stop playing them.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Love console and PC RPGs, but I indulge rarely because I know how nutso I can get.

I'm an ex-MMORPGer. (EverQuest and World of Warcraft)

Never tried any other varieties.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I play D&D when there's no EON RPG groups available (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eon_(role-playing_game)

What kinds of players are you? Power gamers? Character builders? The silent, boring and unimaginative player?

I for one learn all I can about the system and exploit whatever weaknesses I can find.
In the EON game, for an instance... The game is the most realistic fantasy RPG out there, when it comes to fighting. Love it. A peasant can actually defeat a knight in full armor if he's smart enough... Usually, peasants aren't... :D But there's a possibility! Not like those mindless level-based games. A player in EON can actually build just about anything(within reason), if he's got the skills for it. I tend to outsmart our INTJ DM. I don't fall for his attempts to kill our group, I pick my fights carefully. Usually I pick a character that isn't entirely fighting-based. My chars are often more diplomatic and inventive. Kind of like a spy. It's a highly social game with skills in everything from seduction to dancing to persuading and interrogating. Love it.

I like Dungeons & Dragons, too... The new version is kind of nice... I especially like the new class "warlord".

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I play D&D when there's no EON RPG groups available (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eon_(role-playing_game)

What kinds of players are you? Power gamers? Character builders? The silent, boring and unimaginative player?

I for one learn all I can about the system and exploit whatever weaknesses I can find.
In the EON game, for an instance... The game is the most realistic fantasy RPG out there, when it comes to fighting. Love it. A peasant can actually defeat a knight in full armor if he's smart enough... Usually, peasants aren't... :D But there's a possibility! Not like those mindless level-based games. A player in EON can actually build just about anything(within reason), if he's got the skills for it. I tend to outsmart our INTJ DM. I don't fall for his attempts to kill our group, I pick my fights carefully. Usually I pick a character that isn't entirely fighting-based. My chars are often more diplomatic and inventive. Kind of like a spy. It's a highly social game with skills in everything from seduction to dancing to persuading and interrogating. Love it.

I like Dungeons & Dragons, too... The new version is kind of nice... I especially like the new class "warlord".

Yes, I was recently playing a warlord.. just a couple of weeks for fun in a connecting adventure before I took over as DM.

I play all kinds of characters.. I'm a not a powergamer, but I like to find a viable build with something interesting. Really, I like exploring, pulling off cool stunts and being the centre of combat attention.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I was recently playing a warlord.. just a couple of weeks for fun in a connecting adventure before I took over as DM.

I play all kinds of characters.. I'm a not a powergamer, but I like to find a viable build with something interesting. Really, I like exploring, pulling off cool stunts and being the centre of combat attention.

That sounds nice. I'm not really annoyingly much like a traditional whiny power-gamer according to either of my DM's, I just tend to make a lot with what I have. I'm a lot into the exploration thing, too. And character development. I always interact a lot socially and build up huge amounts of background story for my chars. Less so in D&D, though... I find that game OK but it's just "sustenance" compared to EON :D

Warlord IS very nice, though... My former favorites are Fighter => Weaponmaster (greatsword) and any kind of multiclass Warpriest. People tend to protect/heal you if you're either the "tank" or some kind of fat-ass-giver-of-buffs. :D

S

Sniffles

RPG-7s are the best! :D

gispec5.jpg

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Love RPGs, Im currently active in all forms of them except the live actions kind. Unless you count D&D, though I have done it once and it was awesome!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
"Think not that I have come to bring peace on earth: I came not to bring peace, but the sword."
--Matthew 10:34

How did I know you were going to pull this quote up? Do you think it negates "turn the other cheek" or just contradicts it?

You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
—Matthew 5:38-42, NIV

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
I play VG RPGs. Well, playing and making them myself. I like playing official games, and also the fanmade ones. It's fun.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I love my console RPGs. I take time to play them even with my busy schedule. Some of the best and moving stories I've seen have come from them.

Persona 4 is my obsession of choice at the moment.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I love videogame RPGs even though I'm kinda picky (I don't like extreme dungeon crawling that much).

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I love the Final Fantasy series. I've also played Pokemon, Skies of Arcadia, Lufia, Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic, Dungeon Siege, and more.