• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any tennis fans here?

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Nadal vs. Federer for another Grand Slam championship. :heart:

Best individual rivalry in the history of sports.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hell yeah, I love the Aussie because it starts at 12:30 West Coast time. Usually there's nothing to watch when I'm up late at night. I even got to watch the sun rise after that long-ass Nadal/Verdasco semifinal. :)

And wow...those were some amazing forehands by Nadal to hold serve at 5-5 in the 3rd. :drool:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, although I haven't watched much lately.

Other than the continuous never-ending match that goes on in my head.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Hell yeah, I love the Aussie because it starts at 12:30 West Coast time. Usually there's nothing to watch when I'm up late at night. I even got to watch the sun rise after that long-ass Nadal/Verdasco semifinal. :)

And wow...those were some amazing forehands by Nadal to hold serve at 5-5 in the 3rd. :drool:

Exactly.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Damn. I usually watch tennis. Can't believe I missed it, I guess that's what happens when you don't have a sibling around to remind you of these things.

I'm actually kind of bummed out. I usually catch at least some of these things, especially grand slams (usually follow at least elimination rounds)!

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
One thing I noticed about Federer today, his focus when the matches go long definitely wanes a bit. He misses shots, gets caught in bad spots. I wonder if it's physical or mental. In all of these matches between them, Nadal hits big shot after big shot going into the later rounds. He always has just a little something left, whether it's mental or physical.

They're a joy to watch. Federer, with his mechanical precision and lethality, to Nadal's pure power and athleticism, they're awesome to watch.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
One thing I noticed about Federer today, his focus when the matches go long definitely wanes a bit. He misses shots, gets caught in bad spots. I wonder if it's physical or mental. In all of these matches between them, Nadal hits big shot after big shot going into the later rounds. He always has just a little something left, whether it's mental or physical.

They're a joy to watch. Federer, with his mechanical precision and lethality, to Nadal's pure power and athleticism, they're awesome to watch.

+1

I actually really enjoy the technical aspect of Federer's game. I always look out for those athletes who truly consider that aspect. Make no doubt about it Federer is an athlete, body control is superb.

Nadal... he's just a freak. I was just thinking about how athletic he is and how jealous I was. He's just one of those people you stand in awe of.

MBTI Type
INxJ

I think it was mental. Federer gave up at 1-1, in the fifth. He should have won in 4, but couldn't convert a break point in the third set to save his life.

Nadal is a most intimidating opponent.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ooh - they're replaying the match on ESPN2 right now. :)

And yeah, I love the contrast in styles between these two guys. Nadal is just relentless. It must be intimidating as hell playing him knowing he's going to run down every ball for 4+ hours.

MBTI Type
INxJ
Ooh - they're replaying the match on ESPN2 right now. :)

And yeah, I love the contrast in styles between these two guys. Nadal is just relentless. It must be intimidating as hell playing him knowing he's going to run down every ball for 4+ hours.

Federer had the pressure of achieving a record too.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I think the scope was much more recent. I'm assuming history wasn't meant so literally and with that much intent.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
edit!

The majority of my tennis team was betting on Federer... too bad. I personally prefer him, but thought Nadal would pull through in the end. Would Federer have tied or beat Sampras' record?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
My majority of my tennis team was betting on Federer... too bad. I personally prefer him, but thought Nadal would pull through in the end. Would Federer have tied or beat Sampras' record?

Pretty sure he was going to tie. His style of play will last him a while. It isn't particularly as grueling on the body as say, Nadal's is. I think he'll break it. I'm really anticipating the next Wimbledon.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I missed the match (boo!) but I am SOOO looking forward to Wimbledone this year as well. Those eccentric British crowds are going to have all their hopes pinned on Mr Bad Temper from Scotland, Andy Murray. Should be entertaining as hell. Plus Wimbledon is my favourite Grand Slam.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
He would've tied the record for Pete. He tied the record for reaching 18 grand slam finals with Pete.
Definite mental breakdown. wayyy too many double faults in the 5th. incredibly high amount of unforced errors. did you guys see the record for the career 5th set wins, nadal vs federer? lol federer was almost 1:1 in win:lose and nadal had a really good 5th set record. he's so fit. Nadal vs Verdasco shows it all. I was rooting for Federer but he's got a lot of mental obstacles he needs to overcome. I seriously almost shed a few tears looking at Federer's face after Wimbledon this last year. I hope he comes back and wins a couple of the grand slams this year..wimbledon and us open would be nice.