• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Show your love for Canada's saddest Jew!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, this thread is where you can show your appreciation for Leonard Cohen, who's touring Australia RIGHT NOW. Devastatingly, I'm unable to attend any of his concerts.

The first time I heard a Leonard Cohen song, I was returning from a shopping trip for the missionary organization I was working for (INFP). It was a miserable winter day, and I was cold and damp. As I pulled up to the base, the classical radio station I was listening to fell into a portentous silence from which usually emerged some whiny score featuring too many violins. Instead, the silence was dignified rather than dispersed by the slow, clear and melancholy notes of "Famous Blue Raincoat". I knew immediately my life was changing. I pulled over and stopped the car, even though I had somewhere else I thought I had to be. I didn't know what the song was. I didn't know who it was by. I didn't know where I was. I didn't think it could stay as good, as pure, as tainted, as true. I didn't think I could stand to hear it end. I sat and listened while the rain on the car grew heavier, cocooning me in gentle darkness and privacy. Cocooning me with the most beautiful song I'd ever heard. It stayed as good, as pure, as tainted, as true. I sat there long enough to find out the names of the singer and song, and then resumed living with the fresh conviction that I'd never lived at all.

Tell me your Leonard stories!

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Cohen's fine in his way. The insistent melancholy gets a little tiresome after a while, as though he doesn't have a plan B; but he has pretty intelligent and well thought out lyrics for the most part (doesn't surprise me that he was known for his poems before he became a singer), and a decent voice. I wouldn't want to listen to him constantly though, as it can becme a bit mind-numbing after a while. But he definitely has his place...