• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do drinking games suck?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
On the contrary, drinking game are the only reason I go out to parties. What else am I going to do, talk to people? Fuck that.

No beirut table, no Jock at the party.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
YEHH you sad it simu *hickup* simu *hickup* stimulatter man i hate that stiupd girll.[ tell me about itT...QUOTE=simulatedworld;515110]OK, this is going be half rant/half meaningful post, but...

I gotta say I'm pretty fucking sick of being at parties (and bear in mind, I'm a pretty strong E and enjoy being around people in general) and people wanting to play some arbitrarily made up nonsense drinking "games" with no decisions.

Like this shit called "Circle of Death" that my roommates and their friends always want to play. It consists basically of drawing random cards from a deck and then taking x number of drinks based on whatever system.

It's not the drinking that bothers me--I'm all for drinking--but whenever someone suggests such bullshit I always have to ask, "Why don't we either just DRINK without bothering with this crap, or play an actual game and make up some rules to incorporate drinking into it?"

This happened just a few minutes ago...small social gathering at the house here, and roommates' friends are all about the CIRCLE OF DEEEEATH or other nonsense game with NO FUCKING DECISIONS! If you just want to drink, fuck the game and start chugging beers. Knock yourself out, literally! But if you want to play a drinking game, at least make it some kind with meaningful decisions so that it's at least vaguely interesting while you're in the process of getting hammered. I find that this gets more and more fun the more drunk people get, because the poor decisions everyone starts to make are an endless source of amusement for most people.

Games are supposed to be fun because you have some kind of control over what happens, right? Some kind of decision leads to some kind of semi-predictable result, and that's why it's entertaining, right?

I suggested drinking Hearts--play Hearts and have everybody take a drink for every point they pick up. That way, not only do you get the enjoyment of drinking, you also get the enjoyment of playing an actual GAME which has strategical decisions. I'm not suggesting that we play drinking Bridge or some other really complex game where the complexity would ruin the simple fun, but what is with these stupid nonsense "games" like Circle of Death where we're just making up excuses to drink? You don't need an excuse to just drink! If you don't want to play a game, then forego the bullshit, maybe throw on a movie or something and just drink already!

Maybe this is just me being a silly NT because I love strategy games, but I absolutely can't stand so-called "games" that aren't actually games at all because they contain no decisions. Why don't we just start flipping a coin repeatedly? Heads I drink, tails you drink...heads I drink, tails you drink...heads I drink, tails you drink...seems awfully pointless.[/QUOTE]

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
"Why do drinking games suck?"

Because you clearly must find yourself to be in dull company if: drinking to excess (red flag #1) is chosen to be facilitated by means of a drinking game (red flag #2).

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
"Why do drinking games suck?"

Because you clearly must find yourself to be in dull company if: drinking to excess (red flag #1) is chosen to be facilitated by means of a drinking game (red flag #2).

I disagree with your statement.
It is simply a form of recreation.
In that case, any person must be in dull company if the people with him or her want to play games of any kind.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Drinking + games = :nice:

Drinking games = :rolli:

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
It may be helpful to consider it less of a game and more of a randomization. Gambling perhaps? The thrill is that certain people are going to get unlucky and get trashed in a matter of minutes.

Also, drinking games have to be simple.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It may be helpful to consider it less of a game and more of a randomization. Gambling perhaps? The thrill is that certain people are going to get unlucky and get trashed in a matter of minutes.

Also, drinking games have to be simple.

Sure, Hearts is a really simple game that even really drunk people can play.

Unlucky, you say? How is that unlucky? Everyone wants to get trashed pretty quickly; that's the whole reason the "drinking game" is happening in the first place.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Unlucky, you say? How is that unlucky? Everyone wants to get trashed pretty quickly; that's the whole reason the "drinking game" is happening in the first place.

A good drinking game will get everyone drunk, and a few people beyond drunk. Those people you get to laugh at :D

deleted
Aren't these games supposed to be fun when you're drunk though?

I can picture someone knowing nothing about alchohol yet seriously enjoying these games with his drunken buddies.

Does that mean everything is a smoking game?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aren't these games supposed to be fun when you're drunk though?

I can picture someone knowing nothing about alchohol yet seriously enjoying these games with his drunken buddies.

Does that mean everything is a smoking game?

Shit man, life is a smoking game. At least for me.