• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many fights have you been in?

How many actual fights have you been in?

• Total voters

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I was rewatching Fight Club recently and it occurred to me that I haven't posted this particular poll on Tc. So how many fights have you been in to date? By "fights" I mean real ones, with actual physical violence done. Heated verbal exchanges do not count. I tried this poll on INTPc and naturally discovered that INTPs as a type do not favour pugilism of any kind.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
What's the age range for these fights?

Or at least the minimum. Does play fighting count? with boxing gloves, or trade a punch?

pholiveira

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I participated in one serious fight. In fact I'm thinking about doing a thread wherein I talk about it and then raise some questions. Maybe soon.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
What's the age range for these fights?

Or at least the minimum. Does play fighting count? with boxing gloves, or trade a punch?

Age doesn't matter. Play fighting doesn't count. What counts is when there is genuine intent to physically harm on both sides. Boxing (in a ring) is a grey area imo. Let's not count it for the purposes of this poll. Ditto with supervised, organized martial-arts of any kind.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I've been in... 8 legit ones. Haven't been in one for a while though, most where in high school, only 2 in college, and 1 of those I was on break.

Most injured I've gotten were some bruised ribs. Most damage dealt was probably a broken jaw and loss of consciousness. Got a kid square in face with a roundhouse when a ton of us were brawling because some douche threw a glass bottle at us when we were playing soccer.

I did Tae Kwon Do for a while and was pretty decent.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Seriously, the internet is the last place people should be bragging about how many fights they've been in, unless they have a video.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Seriously, the internet is the last place people should be bragging about how many fights they've been in, unless they have a video.

I'm not interested in bragging. I'm just fascinated by the fact that so many people these days have made it through their lives without getting in any fights, and I want to get a feel for how common that is. I realize the internet is likely to attract people who aren't especially physical, but still... Worth a try.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I'm not interested in bragging. I'm just fascinated by the fact that so many people these days have made it through their lives without getting in any fights, and I want to get a feel for how common that is. I realize the internet is likely to attract people who aren't especially physical, but still... Worth a try.

This is very true. There seems to be a lot less physical confrontation these days. I was having a problem with a bully at elementary school once, and my dad just said "You have to take care of it. Stand up to him. When I was a kid, some boy was pissing me off and I threw him against a wall. Never bothered me again." So I did. Problem solved. There's so much repression and fear of lawsuit and all this crazy business now.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I hadn't had one since I was 15 years old until just last weekend. I was shocked to find myself in one at my age, but there you go.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I used to get into a lot more when I played sports. But I've had a number of encounters. I would actually say I've witnessed, been directly there, in the fray, but gotten by without much involvement and participation on my behalf. I've always been in groups when fights have occurred and let the biggest kids in our group settle it, or the crazy ones. In middle school and the early part of high school I used to get into a bunch. I got suspended once for that specific reason.

I think there is still a decent amount of physical altercations, I guess people just don't put themselves in situations in where the threat, or prospect of settling it in that manner is there. My friends in Canada when I visit down there always get into fights. In fact back in elementary and middle school there would be fights everyday. And I'm not talking little bitch slaps.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Once when I was about 10 a boy in my school class pushed in front of me in the drinking line and wouldn't move when I told him to wait his turn so I pushed him, he kicked me, I punched back, he didn’t expect that.

We than had to write apology letters to each other, his said 'sorry I kicked you', my mother made me write a fucken dissertation detailing how I would think about my actions first in the future and how remorseful I was bla bla bla. Damn my mum sucked on that one, the smart@ss deserved to be slapped, grrr!

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been in several, which is paradoxical because I really hate the idea of people hitting each other. But, one must defend oneself.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3 in highschool, 1 in middle, 1 in elementary.
i dislike fighting, but i love moshing.
</me>

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Most people are rightfully intimidated by my muscular build... so I don't have much of a problem. Every now and then some 6'5, 250lb basketball player will be stupid enough to try to start something... they soon realize they've made a terrible mistake.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a bad tempered and stubborn sister who I used to torment relentlesly when younger... I've lost count of the number of fights with her alone!

Usually though, I've learned when dealing with creeps in bars, if you hit them well enough the first time there's no need to get in a fight- they're down for the count! :D