• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How many fights have you been in?

How many actual fights have you been in?

• Total voters

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I've been in several, which is paradoxical because I really hate the idea of people hitting each other. But, one must defend oneself.

Same here, I couldn't put a number on the amount, especially before my twenties.

I hate fighting, but I will fight if I have no choice. I remember my first fight, I didn't fight back and went home to tell my dad that some boy had hit me at school, he replied "tomorrow you are going to go back and hit him, and you are going to win, if you don't I will beat you when you get home".

If I ever lost a fight as a child my father would beat me himself and send me back to carry it on, so I got into alot of fights, until I grew bigger, then mostly everyone was too afraid to fight me because I hit 5'9" by the age of 13 whilst they were all (boys included lol) still a whole lot shorter than me.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
None, really. A few times I've gotten really fed up with my friends and it came to "violence," but they're my friends. I would never really hurt them.

But violence with enemies or strangers has never happened--almost once when I was 7 years old, but no, that stopped right before it got physical.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Same here, I couldn't put a number on the amount, especially before my twenties.

I hate fighting, but I will fight if I have no choice. I remember my first fight, I didn't fight back and went home to tell my dad that some boy had hit me at school, he replied "tomorrow you are going to go back and hit him, and you are going to win, if you don't I will beat you when you get home".

If I ever lost a fight as a child my father would beat me himself and send me back to carry it on, so I got into alot of fights, until I grew bigger, then mostly everyone was too afraid to fight me because I hit 5'9" by the age of 13 whilst they were all (boys included lol) still a whole lot shorter than me.

Wow, talk about tough love :shock: Did he really want a son or something? It's one way of making sure you deal effectively with the situation if someone's harassing you, I suppose, but it does make me wonder if it's one of those cases where the cure is actually worse than the disease... Still, even this is better than the idiotic and oft repeated eadvice to ignore bullies to make them go away. No, they don't, it just encourages them to do something worse that you WILL react to.

I have studiously avoided getting into anything of the sort since I was a kid (and not too often then). When dealing with adults there is usually a way out before it gets to that stage, tempting though it is to punch the odd idiot sometimes (I will admit), and agressively though certain people like to posture. There is usually another way. Assertiveness rather than aggression is the key, especially if someone is liable to attack you. If you're neither backing down (and making an easier target of yourself in the process) nor giving them an excuse to get physical by being too threatening yourself, it's pretty rare for someone to want to take that next step.

I have definitely headed off several difficult situations with people who were behaving in quite an out of control and dangerous manner recently by taking that approach. I do think my experience in working with the (dangerously) mentally ill in the past may have helped me in such situations (actually, one or two of them were while I was working with them, as I only stopped doing so recently).

S

Sniffles

Something around 8 serious fights, mostly in middle and high school. Only one serious fight after that time, when an acquaintance of mine got severely drunk and started shit with me and one friend. Most of the time, people are weary of starting shit with me, especially since I'm a rather big guy.

Other than that, I've engaged in endless fights and brawls with friends and whatnot.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
None since 14-ish... since the 'gay' bullying days.

S

Sniffles

I never get into fights, I am a sniper :D

Vasily Zaitsev is looking for you.

8620454px-Vasily_Zaitsev.jpg

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is very true. There seems to be a lot less physical confrontation these days. I was having a problem with a bully at elementary school once, and my dad just said "You have to take care of it. Stand up to him. When I was a kid, some boy was pissing me off and I threw him against a wall. Never bothered me again." So I did. Problem solved. There's so much repression and fear of lawsuit and all this crazy business now.

Agreed.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I never understood fighting unless it's really warranted. Often times it proves nothing, maybe just a chance at just letting out some repressed rage? If there's a real and imminent threat to me or one I care for, that's really the only time I'm ready to throw down.

That being said, I haven't been in a fight since like middle school.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I admit I'm sort of surprised... I always assumed that physical violence was pretty rare these days, even among kids. Not only have I never been *in* a fight, I probably haven't ever so much as *seen* more than 2 or three... and all of that before junior high school.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Excluding the many brawls I got into as a kid/adolescent, (which were primarily with my older beast-sister), and the two boxing matches I partook in for "sport", when I was 19, I've gotten into two real physical fights. One leaving me unscathed, and the other resulting in leaving a small bruise under my right eye near my nose, (the product of being slapped forcefully by some male bitch). Oh wait, I also got into a really bad fight with my sister when I was 21, she punched me and I nearly blacked out with rage and we were going at it for a while, that was bad. :/

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I haven't been in a fight since ~5th grade. I stabbed him and haven't had any problems since then. I've been tempted but with the rings I wear I would have to be willing to permanently disfigure someone to punch them so they act as a good deterrent.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Wow, talk about tough love :shock: Did he really want a son or something?

Yep, very much so, he had 4 girls before he got his precious male heir, and by then he had tom boyed all his girls up only to then be surprised when they started displaying masculine traits and a distinct lack of marriageable female traits lol. :rolleyes: