• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oscar Nominations for 2008

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I saw Slumdog a few nights ago and I thought it was great. It wasn't perfect, but it was still very well done and I'm rooting for it for best picture.

I havn't seen Frost/Nixon or Milk yet though... or the other one, haha.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I saw Frost/Nixon today and it was my favorite movie of the year so far besides Wall-E. That said, I'm not sure it deserves to win Best Picture. As great as it was, it wasn't particularly cinematic. There's nothing unique about the film version that wouldn't have been conveyed if you simply filmed the stage play. I like Ron Howard as a director very much, but I feel like he didn't use his medium to give a new perspective on the material. Is it fair that I wouldn't vote for the movie because of this even if it was my favorite?