User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default I freakin love mixed martial arts.

Does anyone else like it? Basically my appreciation for the sport was spawned by a UFC related reality tv show. I look forward to seeing Matt Hughes get his butt kicked!

Anyone else like this sport?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never seen it before. My daughter just got her blue belt in Aikido, though. And it only took her a year and a half.

Tell me more!

MBTI
    infp

Your daughter must be a natural!

Mixed Martial Arts is sort of a bloody fighting sport. Its also sort of anything goes. You may have heard of Shamrock? He is an mma fighter... Its just sort of fun, and grotesque. Its a manly mans sport, where men strip down to their shorts and beat each other bloody and senseless. Then if they are both conscious, they shake hands... I like it. shrugs...

MBTI
    INTP

What did you think of the Crocop vs Gonzaga fight? There are no sure things in MMA anymore.

Ivy this was the latest big fight if you dare to watch! http://www.vimeo.com/clip:174725

MBTI
    infp

shucks... It hurt to see his leg twisted like that... But that kick was such a shock! I heard the other guy was supposed to be the one with a mean kick...

Ivy, don't watch... unless you don't mind the violence of it...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    Your daughter must be a natural!
    Heh, she's really not, but it's okay. Blue is the first belt, by the way. We are SO not in this to ascend the belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock
    Mixed Martial Arts is sort of a bloody fighting sport. Its also sort of anything goes. You may have heard of Shamrock? He is an mma fighter... Its just sort of fun, and grotesque. Its a manly mans sport, where men strip down to their shorts and beat each other bloody and senseless. Then if they are both conscious, they shake hands... I like it. shrugs...
    Never heard of Shamrock. Sounds like it could be a fun TV viewing experience.

MBTI
    intp

Yes. Pride FC. Fedor Emelianenko pwns
    "I determined nothing."
    -Sceptical expression

MBTI
    INFP

My INFJ and I just started training Ju Jitsu. Like it, but mostly because it focuses less on bashing people's brains out and more on defense and pacifying your opponent. UFC, boxing, kickboxing etc isn't quite my cup of tea. (Though Gracie was rather fun to watch.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alienclock View Post
    Does anyone else like it? Basically my appreciation for the sport was spawned by a UFC related reality tv show. I look forward to seeing Matt Hughes get his butt kicked!

Anyone else like this sport?

Love the sport, but the last few months have had more upsets in 60 days than it had in 10 years. Gomi-Diaz, Serra-Hughes, Cropcop-Gonzaga, Couture-Sylvia, Henderson-Silva, Noguiera-Sokoudjou, Renzo-Shamrock

And UFC buys Pride. Pride has better fighters but UFC has better marketing. A monopoly will most likely make the sport a lot less dynamic and interesting. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 10 years with Showtime, HBO, IFL, Bodog, K-1, and Vale Tudo.
    Last edited by meanlittlechimp; 05-10-2007 at 05:22 AM.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    And UFC buys Pride. Pride has better fighters but UFC has better marketing. A monopoly will most likely make the sport a lot less dynamic and interesting. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.
    Awww, wtf? I like ufc but pride has better fights... geesh... Yeah ufc has better marketing, including that reality show that got me initially interested... I betcha it means that pride is going to have the same restrictions as to what they can/ can't do in the ring, and the fights all around are going to be more dull... I wish that I had watched more pride fights before this buy...