• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I freakin love mixed martial arts.

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
Does anyone else like it? Basically my appreciation for the sport was spawned by a UFC related reality tv show. I look forward to seeing Matt Hughes get his butt kicked!

Anyone else like this sport?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've never seen it before. My daughter just got her blue belt in Aikido, though. And it only took her a year and a half. :smile:

Tell me more!

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
Your daughter must be a natural! :)

Mixed Martial Arts is sort of a bloody fighting sport. Its also sort of anything goes. You may have heard of Shamrock? He is an mma fighter... Its just sort of fun, and grotesque. Its a manly mans sport, where men strip down to their shorts and beat each other bloody and senseless. Then if they are both conscious, they shake hands... I like it. shrugs...

Chaselation

MBTI Type
INTP
What did you think of the Crocop vs Gonzaga fight? There are no sure things in MMA anymore.

Ivy this was the latest big fight if you dare to watch! http://www.vimeo.com/clip:174725

Attachments

• Kyran computer art.jpg
    Kyran computer art.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,498
  • cyrus_by_kevindork.jpg
    cyrus_by_kevindork.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,062
  • exavion_versus_cyrus_by_kevindork.jpg
    exavion_versus_cyrus_by_kevindork.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,118
  • jaden_by_kevindork.jpg
    jaden_by_kevindork.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,073

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
shucks... It hurt to see his leg twisted like that... But that kick was such a shock! I heard the other guy was supposed to be the one with a mean kick...

Ivy, don't watch... unless you don't mind the violence of it...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Your daughter must be a natural! :)

Heh, she's really not, but it's okay. Blue is the first belt, by the way. We are SO not in this to ascend the belts.

Alienclock said:
Mixed Martial Arts is sort of a bloody fighting sport. Its also sort of anything goes. You may have heard of Shamrock? He is an mma fighter... Its just sort of fun, and grotesque. Its a manly mans sport, where men strip down to their shorts and beat each other bloody and senseless. Then if they are both conscious, they shake hands... I like it. shrugs...

Never heard of Shamrock. Sounds like it could be a fun TV viewing experience.

Carebear

will make your day
MBTI Type
INFP
My INFJ and I just started training Ju Jitsu. Like it, but mostly because it focuses less on bashing people's brains out and more on defense and pacifying your opponent. UFC, boxing, kickboxing etc isn't quite my cup of tea. (Though Gracie was rather fun to watch.)

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
Does anyone else like it? Basically my appreciation for the sport was spawned by a UFC related reality tv show. I look forward to seeing Matt Hughes get his butt kicked!

Love the sport, but the last few months have had more upsets in 60 days than it had in 10 years. Gomi-Diaz, Serra-Hughes, Cropcop-Gonzaga, Couture-Sylvia, Henderson-Silva, Noguiera-Sokoudjou, Renzo-Shamrock

And UFC buys Pride. Pride has better fighters but UFC has better marketing. A monopoly will most likely make the sport a lot less dynamic and interesting. Will be interesting to see what happens in the next 10 years with Showtime, HBO, IFL, Bodog, K-1, and Vale Tudo.

Last edited:

Alienclock

MBTI Type
infp
And UFC buys Pride. Pride has better fighters but UFC has better marketing. A monopoly will most likely make the sport a lot less dynamic and interesting. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out.
Awww, wtf? I like ufc but pride has better fights... geesh... Yeah ufc has better marketing, including that reality show that got me initially interested... I betcha it means that pride is going to have the same restrictions as to what they can/ can't do in the ring, and the fights all around are going to be more dull... I wish that I had watched more pride fights before this buy...

Park

MBTI Type
INTP

I like a good fight yes. I used to do mainly wrestling and a bit of judo which are fighting sports - not martial art.

I also have a taste for beautifull violence like 300, Kill Bill etc.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
sorry to interrupt, i just thought id tell you that i thought your name said aliencock. i think we can all agree it would have been better that way...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, we all love alien cocks.

i'm into MMA, trained it for a couple of years before the club shut down a while back, only one in town, so i'm basically training with a couple of buddys now. Sucks.

Started out doing full contact jujutsu for about 3 years, then sensei moved away from town and another style of jujutsu wich wasn't full contact would begin teaching in the dojo. So I quit...
Then began with Ashihara Karate (a branch of Kyoku Shinkai karate), more or less full contact. Even if I don't think it's particularly effective. But opinions always differ. I definitely didn't like doing katas and leaning heavy on strange asian traditions, so I quit.

Then after a couple of years I started training MMA and it was like everything I had ever looked for because it, except for the few rules, was actually adapted for real fighting, not tradition. Trained it for about two years and then the instructor quit because of some kind of personal issues, and the nearest club that teaches MMA that is even slightly similar is like 100 km away. :steam: :cry:
And since i'd sooner die than train japaneese again, i'm in a state of fighting fighting celibacy right now. But as said, me and a couple of other guys get together and punch, wrestle, kick and grapple sometimes.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
What did you think of the Crocop vs Gonzaga fight? There are no sure things in MMA anymore.

Post-resurrection, but yeah, that fight was sick!!

We were all like "ZOMG Crocop's legs are like tree trunks" and the BAM!! OUT THE FUCK COLD, I MEAN HOLY SHIT, LIGHTS OUT.

:angry:

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
RAMPAGE JACKSON!!!!

It could be said im a fan of the sport...