• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Happy tree friends

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am surprised that there is not thread about this. Unless mods erase it as soon it is created. (I guess we/I will find out)

For those who don't know “Happy tree friends” are cartoon series.

To tell you the truth this is humor exactly how I like it.:devil:

So here is one example of these cartoons.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7VlKMG1aWY"] Happy Tree Friends - Can't Stop Coffin'[/YOUTUBE]

If it is not obvious the pink guy in the end is a mole.

What do you think about this?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've seen a few episodes from time to time. It's just not funny to me. Not that I'm offended. Just it's not clever enough to make me laugh. I end up going "so he got his face run ground off by a tire...and?"...it's too much like gorey slapstick.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh I LOVE HAPPY TREE FRIENDS!!!
They are hilarious!

I guess I just appreciate the over the topness about it and the style it has of having such cute cuddly characters.

It is like what Looney Tunes would really look like if they actually showed the follow through of the violence and the mishaps that they encountered.

I like the Raccoon's the best for some reason.

I wonder if you also like the Darwin Awards.
THE DARWIN AWARDS DVD | OFFICIAL SITE

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Used to watch on occasion. It's funny, but I'm over it.

P

Phantonym

Haha. I've watched it occasionally. Sick and twisted :devil:. I like it but I'd rather not watch it all the time or it would get really boring, really fast. Mix it up with other fun things and I'm sold :D

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I've seen a few of the shorts and overall, I usually find myself laughing a fair bit, although it can be a bit excessive.

Liminality

MBTI Type
ISFx
Enneagram
6w7
It's compelling. Half the time it's pretty amusing and sometimes relaxing, the other half kinda sickening and 'Your point?'

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
After you showed me this I went to youtube and saw all of their videos there. Then went to their site and saw almost all of the HTF videos there.

Overall I'd say that it is fun (Flippy is so f***ing awesome) and interesting, but I rarely laughed. I'd say that I see it with depth and 'Irony', not just empty, gory killing of adorable woodland creatures. Some of the things are clever, in various ways, such as the episode where Sniffles (The incredibly smart INTP anteater) builds a time machine is clever in the 'Cirular' manner.

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
they are fucking hilarious. i don't know that i'd always be in the mood for them, but there are times when i want to indulge in my dark sick humor and enjoy watching cute cartoon animals being killed in creative and violent ways.