• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone love cricket as much as me

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Cricket!? Where!?

(Is there somewhere on the internets I can watch cricket? I live in America now and they fail at sports.)

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Cricket!? Where!?

(Is there somewhere on the internets I can watch cricket? I live in America now and they fail at sports.)

Sadly cricket on the intarwebs has very sadly not caught on. Sadly.

It is, however, an excellent sport to indulge in the odd "bifter". Nothing ever happens...

Imagine a game you play for a week - and it's a draw!

It's like Spasky headbutting Fisher.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yep, cricket rules! Except that Australia are getting crap now and keep losing. Suppose it couldn't last forever.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
ok i confess.....i love cricket:party2: .....but the question is does anyone else in her ..........:static:...........or am i alone :horor:.....
Cricket is the only decent sport?
I should say yes.
If it were not Polo.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Poor Americans, those dastardly Brits and Aussies (mostly) have hijacked the sports section somewhat with this thread. Long may it stay near the top! :devil:

*I think my hopes of becoming a decent legspinner were completely dashed in my teens when I taught myself to bowl the googly before I had learned proper control, and lost both my legbreak and the ability to land it with any consistency on the cut portion of the pitch as a result. I might still have been a decent wicketkeeper of modest batting abilites, but unfortunately I am well over 5"5 and very far from being manically hyperactive, so it was impossible to get anyone to take me seriously in this regard ;)*

^ eat your heart out, cricketing fillysteins! :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:D

I'm listening to the ABC commentary of the Oz in South Africa test series. 2 more wickets!

It's really sobering listening to the bushfire warnings in between overs/dismissals. Let's hope that tomorrow will be a case of exaggerated warnings... But the predictions for Black Saturday were as bad and right on the money.

*fingers crossed*

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
:D

I'm listening to the ABC commentary of the Oz in South Africa test series. 2 more wickets!

It's really sobering listening to the bushfire warnings in between overs/dismissals. Let's hope that tomorrow will be a case of exaggerated warnings... But the predictions for Black Saturday were as bad and right on the money.

*fingers crossed*

Yeh, tomorrow's going to be bad apparently. Strong winds again, but only 32. Nothing like the 100km/h winds and 47 on Black Saturday, a big fire somewhere was almost inevitable. Hopefully no new ones start, and the others stay contained.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I know the whole bushfire thing is of an unprecedented scale in Australian history. What's the death toll now -- 300ish? But then I remember the tsunami with its estimated death toll of 150,000+. I don't remember that generating so much public sympathy. Maybe it was too big, or too far away. I doubt that has a name associated with it, like "Ash Wednesday".

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*OFF-TOPIC*

I know the whole bushfire thing is of an unprecedented scale in Australian history. What's the death toll now -- 300ish? But then I remember the tsunami with its estimated death toll of 150,000+. I don't remember that generating so much public sympathy. Maybe it was too big, or too far away.
I was in S'pore in 2006, and recall watching it as it unfolded... It seemed like the public outpouring of sympathy was pretty much universal.

I really don't get all of this posturing about how "other people have suffered more". When it happens to people you know, it naturally has greater personal impact. Also, I very sincerely doubt that the Indonesians or other nations care very much about the bushfires. I certainly know that my family and friends in Singapore don't give a fuck. Why is it bad that people in Australia care about the worst natural disaster in Australia's history, and a possible repeat of that? I'm not even Aussie by nationality and I care, because my friends are affected.

I doubt that has a name associated with it, like "Ash Wednesday".
You're wrong.

*ON-TOPIC*
It was a good win. Well done team.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I was in S'pore in 2006, and recall watching it as it unfolded... It seemed like the public outpouring of sympathy was pretty much universal.

I remember a public outpouring of sympathy, but I don't remember people rushing out to donate money and clothes etc. Not in this corner of the world, anyway.

I really don't get all of this posturing about how "other people have suffered more". When it happens to people you know, it naturally has greater personal impact. Also, I very sincerely doubt that the Indonesians or other nations care very much about the bushfires. I certainly know that my family and friends in Singapore don't give a fuck. Why is it bad that people in Australia care about the worst natural disaster in Australia's history, and a possible repeat of that? I'm not even Aussie by nationality and I care, because my friends are affected.

I never said it was bad.

Maybe it was just me who had forgotten how crazy huge the tsunami disaster was.

It was a good win. Well done team.

We'll fuck it up next time. Without a quality wrist-spinner we're toast. I always thought an underrated benefit of having top-quality bowlers in your team (eg McGrath, Warne) was in sharpening your batsmen up in the nets from having to face them. Which would explain why we've been so useless against swing-bowling for so long. Our last decent swing-bowler was Fleming. How long since he retired? Now we don't have top-notch spinners in the side either, which could explain the difficulty our batsmen have experienced in facing spin. I'd offer up Botha as an example, but that would be unfair. The guy obviously chucks.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
At least *that* test match had a result. 5 days of test cricket, and 17 wickets? Oh dear...

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lankans have been attacked by gunmen on their way to day 3 of the Lahore test. 5 policemen killed.

Shocking news.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Lankans have been attacked by gunmen on their way to day 3 of the Lahore test. 5 policemen killed.

Shocking news.

Yeah, I just heard that on the news. It is especially sad as sports generally unites people of different creeds and races, but the gunmen who carried out the attacks used sport for the opposite reasons to promote hostilities that have nothing to do with sport nor Cricket.

Probably the very reason I am most proud of being English is because I live in a culturally diverse country which is generally accepting of people of other beliefs. I can't name too many other situations other than sport where member of the public of different backgrounds sit together and cheers on a person from an equally different background; for example, like what happens with Monty Panesar.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Incredible news happening in Pakistan. I'm not particularly surprised that a terrorist attack on cricketers would take place there, but I'm amazed that Sri Lankan cricketers would be the target. Australians, Brits or Indians yeah, but Sri Lankans? Unless it turns out that this was related to the Sri Lankan civil war.

Is this the first time a sports team has been specifically targeted by terrorists since the Munich olympics?

coldbluewaves

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm a cricketmatchbigfan. Kidding, of course, that's a joke based on a previous username i had like four years ago which i'm embarrassed by now. lol. But, yeah, i'm also pretty into cricket.

Anyways, the South Africa vs Australia One Day series is shaping up well. Important match tomorrow; should be good.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cricket, I know what it looks like but I don't know what it means. :<