• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone love cricket as much as me

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Sounds like a good description for the Australia team right now. ;)

That's mostly M Johnson. He's the guy who f.cked us up the most, after promising so much during the SA tour. I dunno what happened to him. My money is on "Englsih women". Everyone knows about English women.

R

Riva

T-20 world cup finals here we come.

I thought we'd lose against Pakistan. They have a better team but luckily their batsmen are out of form.

Lankans have been attacked by gunmen on their way to day 3 of the Lahore test. 5 policemen killed.

Shocking news.

Incredible news happening in Pakistan. I'm not particularly surprised that a terrorist attack on cricketers would take place there, but I'm amazed that Sri Lankan cricketers would be the target. Australians, Brits or Indians yeah, but Sri Lankans? Unless it turns out that this was related to the Sri Lankan civil war.

Is this the first time a sports team has been specifically targeted by terrorists since the Munich olympics?

So much controversy still surrounds it. It didn't have anything to do with the Sri Lankan civil war. What is sad is, SL is the only team that agreed to travel to Pakistan (thanks to the friendship between the two countries) due to all the security issues they were/are having.

The security lapse that occurred only made it worse for the Pakistanis. Since the attacks no team has traveled to Pakistan. In the end it was the Pakistani bus driver who saved the lives of all the Sri Lankans and not their stupid defense ministry.

I hope that no team would go to Pakistan atleast for another 100 years. It was the duty of those clowns to protect the visiting team and add to it it the Sri Lankan team was the only team that dared to go there and that they promised to protect them. Forget about promises, it is their duty.

That's mostly M Johnson. He's the guy who f.cked us up the most, after promising so much during the SA tour. I dunno what happened to him. My money is on "Englsih women". Everyone knows about English women.

I've noticed that Australian commentators and their fans are exceptionally harsh on their players. It is ridiculous, especially considering the fact that the Aussies win so many matches and does it so consistently.

93JC

I've noticed that Australian commentators and their fans are exceptionally harsh on their players. It is ridiculous, especially considering the fact that the Aussies win so many matches and does it so consistently.

It's like Canadians and hockey. Ice hockey, that is. Canada has won more world hockey championships, more olympic gold medals, more women's world championships, more women's olympic gold medals, more world junior championships, etc., than any other country (in the women's competitions more than EVERY other country COMBINED): anything less than 1st place is considered a failure.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I think I could like cricket. It seems more quickly paced and straight forward than baseball, looks fun to watch.

I like baseball too, and it's cool to watch the complicated strategic plays of baseball due to the base runners being in play trying to score, but cricket seems more immediately exciting because they either score right away or don't since there's just the two wickets, and they may get multiple points.

Edit: baseball does get a little ridiculous at times though since runners can go and wander away from the bases pretty much any time the ball is in play, including when the pitcher has it in hand, which some times results in silly duels where a runner is trying to steal and the pitcher keeps trying to throw him out.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP

It's like Canadians and hockey. Ice hockey, that is. Canada has won more world hockey championships, more olympic gold medals, more women's world championships, more women's olympic gold medals, more world junior championships, etc., than any other country (in the women's competitions more than EVERY other country COMBINED): anything less than 1st place is considered a failure.

Likewise kiwis are the strongest critics of the All Blacks (the NZ rugby team), even though they've been the dominant team in the sport virtually from its inception. They don't even restrict their criticism to losses. Even rampant victories are not immune. This is probably why they're so good. The players and the team itself are held to nigh-impossible standards, rather than just expected to win.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I remember playing street cricket outside Croydon College with my friend from secondary school and his friends/family, that was cool - They was all from Sri Lanka, I think, I knew my friend and his family were, although, I think one of them was Sri Lankan born and German raised... I was just there, getting high, hanging out as usual, and then my friend from my old school shows up with his friends playing cricket. That was fun.

I miss that place.

R

Riva

Sri lanka vs india - T20 world cup finals today.

Who will win?

Probably india.

Fuck yeah Sri Lanka wins.

After losing at the finals of two T-20s Sri Lanka finally wins finally.

And what a way for mahela and sanga to retire.

Not turning the TV on to watch the news because it'll probably be a bunch of pussies whining and whining about this shit.

R

Riva

Not turning the TV on to watch the news because it'll probably be a bunch of pussies whining and whining about this shit.

Yeah indian fans are brutal on their players when they lose which i believe is terrible. (Same applies to aussies but their fans aren't as bad as their commentators.)

SL fans and commentators on the other hand still treat the players like kings.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

:yays: Congrats to Team Sri Lanka.