• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you ever crave...

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Creative expression?

Like there's something on the bottom of your shoe, and you have to get it off, except it's something in your soul that you have to set free?

What do you do? Where does this stem from? How does one satiate it?

I'm about to go pick up some cans of spray paint. Or a microphone. Same difference.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
100 % of the time. Welcome to my world. :cheese:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
No.

Sometimes I need to express myself, but never creatively. Well, it happened once.

River

flowing quietly by
MBTI Type
INxP
Occasionally although it is more of an itch at the back of my mind only scratchable by the act of creation. Picking up my pencils/paintbrush, opening word or engaging in online karaoke tends to do the trick.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I wanted to crave but I think I'm an artist without means to convey my ideas.

My life revolves revolves around art yet I don't have an inch of natural creativeness in me. Not in a classical sense anyway

:(:emot-emo:

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Er I would've never thought about it as something on my shoe I need to get off but I think I know what you mean. It's not a craving actually, it's just a necessity to express something 'creatively'. I remember I had a brief conversation with one of my friends, who was going into design, and she kinda mentioned something about the difficulties of creating and drawing things just like that whenever, or whatever, and I was like, really? Don't you just feel a need to do that?

I think the only reason I consider myself an artist, is not because I like to create art, because half the time I don't, but because I have to. There's like no other way I can best extract bits of myself into the external world. It relieves me, etc. Therapy, etc.

And so anyway, you just do it, and be happy with it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...i have to have a creative outlet.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
I crave touching my DSLR and getting into macro photography.. except, the "User's Guide" creeps me out a bit. It's dry. I'd rather just shoot the photos..

I love abstractions.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I need to release a bad/sad feeling first, I tend to dance my heart out and scream along on the music...dunno if you call that art, but I'm an above average dancer and singer, I've been told.

If I need something to quiet my mind, I craft jewelry. Also happens that I'm suddenly struck by a great idea for a piece and then I drop everything I'm doing to do it or I ignore the feeling and be tortured by it till I execute it.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I don't think I crave it, because that implies I don't have it. I don't see creative expression for it's own sake to be something that one can't easily obtain if they try.

I usually like to have a few creative outlets going at one time, but I don't think creativity is at all limited to the arts. Creativity can be injected into almost any aspect of life.

wolfy

awsm
I feel I have to create.

I crave for more skills to create.

I would hope I can never satiate it. That would be like living dead.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't know that I crave it. When the urge hits I like to express it with food/cooking. Making a really artistic bento for my lunch or my kids lunches is one of my favorite outlets.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I used to, I could be seen scribbling in my notebook whenever it would hit me. For the last 6 months or so there have been no creative expression moments, just a total blank, I hate it. I used to love the days when my muse would infect me and make me feel a level of excitement you can never quite describe, it is a beautiful feeling doesn't come close to describing it. :wubbie:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
sometimes I do.
Its getting rarer though.
I scrapbook, draw, or paint, knit, or make jewelery. I used to have a keyboard that I banged on for a while.
My room is full of unfinished works.
I used to write but not anymore.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I feel I have to create.

I crave for more skills to create.

I would hope I can never satiate it. That would be like living dead.

I completely agree. Sometimes, mine doesn't come out as anything tangible, but more like an expression of creative living by driving somewhere, eating something, talking about a certain topic, and feeling on top of the world...

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Creative expression?

Like there's something on the bottom of your shoe, and you have to get it off, except it's something in your soul that you have to set free?

What do you do? Where does this stem from? How does one satiate it?

I'm about to go pick up some cans of spray paint. Or a microphone. Same difference.

Crave? No. It's a neccessity. If I don't do it, I find myself rather imbalanced. Sort of like eating, except I won't die from not doing it, I'll just be miserable.

What do I do? I draw, or maybe I'll paint, or sing, or write, or go exploring somewhere. Sometimes, I don't do anything at all and let it sit there and fester. I think there's a quote that one of my professors read the other day from Art and Fear, think it went something like, "Artists don't get down to work until the pain of working is exceeded by the pain of not working." Which is pretty much what happens.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
What do I do? I draw, or maybe I'll paint, or sing, or write, or go exploring somewhere. Sometimes, I don't do anything at all and let it sit there and fester. I think there's a quote that one of my professors read the other day from Art and Fear, think it went something like, "Artists don't get down to work until the pain of working is exceeded by the pain of not working." Which is pretty much what happens.

I've been feeling a lot of that... like... maybe the rotting will produce a fine wine... some sort of chemical reaction will occur and a revelation or magnum opus will result.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've been feeling a lot of that... like... maybe the rotting will produce a fine wine... some sort of chemical reaction will occur and a revelation or magnum opus will result.

Yeah, I've imagined it that way myself. Though I've found evidence that is contrary to that romanticised notion (doesn't mean I won't still excuse myself into thinking it). Usually, what really happens, is the good stuff comes along when all you've been churning out is bad stuff. You'll keep plugging away and trying and trying and trying to get something "right" and then you'll get frustrated and go try something else completely unrelated. But when you come back, something happens and you jump forward and all the sudden what you were trying to do makes sense. Which is frustrating, and annoying, because if you're anything like me, you want to get it right the first time, not the tenth or fiftieth time. Yet the reward is so much greater than the annoyance.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yup. That's usually when I go start making random designs out of aluminum block on our school's CNC Mill. I've made some sweet flames, logos, and other random things.