• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Documentaries anyone?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. In fact, the most disturbing part of the movie was the old footage of the inside of Willowbrook.
I only wish Cropsey would take us deeper into each aspect of the investigation. It was sort of too overall and on the surface. 85 minutes was certainly not enough.

I do remember watching one creepy, disturbing, hair raising documentary called "Interview with a Cannibal" made in 2012. Issei Sagawa, the infamous cannibal from the case in 1981, was interviewed himself.

Another extremely disturbing and depressing documentary I've seen is "Bulgaria’s Abandoned Children". Words cannot describe.

Both of these are on Youtube actually, full length.

Ok, excellent, I might check those out.

So come to think of it, more disturbing is some of the Vice documentaries.

And by golly, looking it up, so was your Issei Sagawa.

But this kinda fucked with my head for a day (which is rare):

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia (Full Length Documentary)

Also Richard Kuklinski, mob hitman, The Iceman Interviews

Not a documentary so I'll spoiler it:

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok, excellent, I might check those out.

So come to think of it, more disturbing is some of the Vice documentaries.

And by golly, looking it up, so was your Issei Sagawa.

But this kinda fucked with my head for a day (which is rare):

The Cannibal Warlords of Liberia (Full Length Documentary)

Also Richard Kuklinski, mob hitman, The Iceman Interviews

Not a documentary so I'll spoiler it:

Indeed, Vice has some really eerie stuff. Isn't the Suicide Forrest doc also Vice?

I myself also was intrigued by Kuklinski I watched Iceman the movie from last year. I haven't seen the doc though.

And by the way, Matyrs is one of my all time favorites!!! Awesomely brutal and vivid. If you enjoy Matyrs, you must check out Inside (À l'intérieur) if you haven't.

Raffaella

bon vivant
It was a lot like watching Faces of Death (live footage of fatal incidents) but with a human callousness towards animals bent. Later I learned that the Japanese kill so many dolphins that they were packaging the meat as mystery meat to the schools. The main reason they stopped giving it to children is that they learned it is extremely high in mercury. Yeah, there were a lot of things like clipping piglets' teeth so they don't grow up cannibalizing each other. It does open the eyes to how meat is treated like a factory grown product and not like feeling sentient beings which is a far cry from the All Creatures Great and Small days.

I thought they sold Dolphin meat as Whale meat?

Mass production is what bother me, too. Considering the obesity epidemic, it's illogical to produce to the extent that debeaking is required due to a space shortage. Also, aside from the obvious impact it has on the animal, I'm disgusted by the amount of antibiotics used so that they develop faster and larger since it's contributing to the rise in antibiotic resistance. Granted, it'd still occur if antibiotics weren't used however it'd occur at a slower rate.

By your signature, I'm guessing you are a serious advocate against vivisection? Are you a militant PETA guerilla that we read about breaking into labs and freeing the animals? Your secret is safe with me.

lol, nope! It's mostly a joke, everyone has meaningly quotes in their signature, mine's just about pus. But as a science graduate I have performed vivisection, the animal anesthetized, though :)

eudaimonia

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought they sold Dolphin meat as Whale meat?...

lol, nope! It's mostly a joke, everyone has meaningly quotes in their signature, mine's just about pus. But as a science graduate I have performed vivisection, the animal anesthetized, though :)

They might sell it as whale meat also.

Ok, because it was just like the medical journals I read when I was working at the Brain Institute and I wasn't sure you were putting it there to show the meaninglessness of vivisection because it seems like pretty obvious results when you inject turpentine into someone's lungs that it will cause hardening through thickening fibrin proteins covering the inflamed area.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Too many to name. I like morbid shit so serial killer ones are fascinating.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bigger, Stronger, Faster.

A8T5Vvl.jpg

"It'll shake up your beliefs not just about steroids but about competition, hypocrisy, body obsession and American notions of masculinity."

Raffaella

bon vivant
Taxi to the Dark Side (2007)
Who Killed the Electric Car? (2006), its follow-up: Revenge of the Electric Car (2011), wasn't as informative (skip it).

Raffaella

bon vivant
We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks (2013) - I already knew most of this but I enjoyed it since Wikileaks was well presented.