• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (2008)

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
photo_12_hires.jpg

"The film quickly outgrows any sense of gimmickry and matures into a one-of-a-kind meditation on mortality, time's inexorable passage and the fleeting sweetness of love."

I really enjoyed this movie and found it very thought provoking. It strikes me as a metaphor for a lot of things... how greater wisdoms come across us, recovering their childlike naiveness and eventually passing, while we grow old and discover our own. nothing lasts, happiness is finding the perspective to appreciate something before it's gone.

if you're looking for a solid, well-acted movie to light your imagination and you dont mind the 2.5+ hour playtime, id highly recommend this movie. 4.5 out of 5.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ Thank you kindly. I had been very anxious to see this anyways ^_^ this only further moves my desire.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He forgot to say how awesome the special effects were.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
This was a wonderful movie, and probably the best of 2008.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
It was completely forgettable. I would almost rather hate it because then I would feel something.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
It was completely forgettable. I would almost rather hate it because then I would feel something.

There was a lot of imagery and symbolism in it. I was hungry for more!!!

So much about the human condition and that unforgettable quote:

"Our lives are defined by opportunity, even the ones we miss."

Come on, didn't your mind and soul just go wild with that?

Not to mention Brad Pitt's motorcycle-in-the-fall-wearing-a-leather-jacket shot... ;)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It was nice but I was shocked to see him end as a normal-sized baby.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm excited to see this movie but I will be very, very surprised if it surpasses Slumdog Millionaire as best movie of '08 for me.

Ghetto_mocha

MBTI Type
ENFP
Aww, I really liked this movie... Especially the running joke of the old man being struck by lightning... And, Cate Blanchett = Most gorgeous ginger ever...

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
What was the symbolic significance of that man getting hit by lighting... 9 times, is it? He stayed there a long time, and then... didn't?

I understood most of the symbolism (at least, I perceive it to be that way)... but this one threw me.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
It was 7 times and there was no significance, it was comic relief.

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
EVERYTHING HAS SIGNIFICANCE IN FILM!!!!

not really. but i feel that there is some in this particular instance...

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
You're free to believe as you please. Just don't force your beliefs on me. ;)

Bethedee

MBTI Type
INFJ
I liked the film. It reminded me a little of Big Fish, just in the whole surreal atmosphere.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
first ten minutes are an acustic rape. burping screaming stuff like that, mixed with an odd narration. worst noise ever. had to turn of.
all the yellow makes people ugly.

maybe its bearable if you have smoked something.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I thought it was a good story. Wasn't expecting it to be that long. It left me with a thirst for adventure that I haven't felt in a while.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked it a lot. The physical impossibility of it kept bothering me throughout the movie but I almost didn't mind. Long though, and sad.