• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Recommendations?

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Good books to read:
- the whole Ender's Game series, by Orson Scott Card
- The Wave [about an academic experiment about the Nazi movement that got out of control]
- The Wounded Sky, by Diane Duane [Star Trek]
- Sophie's World, by Jostein Gaarder
- the whole Young Wizards series by Diane Duane [start with the 3rd book, High Wizardry
- Physics of the Impossible, Michio Kaku
- The Doomsday Book, by Connie Willis [NOT Domesday, that's the census]
Interesting movies/films/TV shows:
- The Fountainhead [Ayn Rand]
- Inherit the Wind [there's a playscript too; about the whole Evolution debate]
- Monk, about an OCD detective
etc.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
The Elegant Universe [Briane Greene]
A Brief History of Time [Stephen Hawking]
The Mote in God's Eye [Niven + Pournelle]
The Gripping Hand [Niven + Pournelle]

I've never liked Monk. I'll have to check out Physics of the Impossible, I see Kaku on history channel all the time and have always been interested.

Anentropic IxTx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I just remembered!

I almost forgot:-
The Dark Is Rising Sequence, by Susan Cooper. They made it into a movie and absolutely ruined it! They're really amazing and unique.