• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has anyone ever laughed during the death scene at a movie, or is it just me?

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I can't help it, honest. I don't have the church giggles, when I am tickled- I am TICKLED and laugh like a hyena. I am a good laugher man,lol. If the acting during a death scene is bad-I can't help but laugh. I can't tell you how many times I have had to leave the theatre because I couldn't help laughing and endure the, You're going to hell looks, as I exited.

Actually now that I think about it, I laugh during cheesy sentimental or touching moments in a film as well, if the acting is bad man, I can't help but laugh.

Does anyone else laugh at movies in these situations?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The few I remember right off the top of my head (where I laughed out loud in the theater, drawing a few stares);

1. "The Return of the King" -- When Denethor leaps off the very tallest spire of Minas Tirith while on fire, plummeting to his doom, while Gandalf soberly intones, "And so passes Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith.

2. "The Return of the King" -- When Saruman falls off Isengard and is impaled on something, totally superfluously.

3. "Revenge of the Sith" -- When Princess Amidala "loses the will to live" and dies giving birth.

It was all just so... intensely dramatic.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I don't think I've ever laughed at "serious" death scenes. I tend to easily get into the movie, so even if it logically appears to be over the top, over dramatic, unlikely, or funny in some other way, it won't effect how I react to the movie at that moment.

I laugh during cheesy sentimental or touching moments in a film as well, if the acting is bad man, I can't help but laugh.

I just tend to get very squirmy, or leave the room, at these scenes. I do think I've laughed at a few of these, though.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When Amon Goeth was doing a bit of targeting practice in Schindler's List.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:rofl1: Oh oh!! Me! All the time! I laugh because of bad acting, or even because the idea of someone laughing at a death scene is so rude it's amusing and I laugh to fulfill that idea. LOLOL. And then after I laugh everyone else starts calling me an idiot and laughing too...and the whole situation looks very insane..:D:D:D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i laugh if the death is ridiculous or ironic. i'd laugh at my own self dying if it were ironic or a "figures..." or "what the hell were the odds of that occurring" kind of scenario.

i've also been known to ruin death scenes for others by scoffing loudly, "oh for fuck's sake, learn how to die better! when does the acting part of your career start?? they should have literally killed you."

Cerpin_Taxt

MBTI Type
INTP
i've also been known to ruin death scenes for others by scoffing loudly, "oh for fuck's sake, learn how to die better! when does the acting part of your career start?? they should have literally killed you."

:nice:

I got my chair kicked from behind a few times when I saw Return of the King. The ending just went on and on and on, and it was too overtly sentimental.

I guess I laugh to neutralize the seething contempt I have, when I feel someones trying to emotionally manipulate me. If however a death scene is done with subtle realism, I am bound to be quite moved by it.

Last edited:

darlets

Not a film as such but close, my friend and I laughed quite loudly when Brad Pitt got run over in the preview of "Meet Joe Black". The girls around us were not impressed.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've never laughed at a death scene in a movie, but I have a very unfortunate habit of having to bite my lip to prevent laughing at funerals I attend in real life.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
:rofl1: Oh oh!! Me! All the time! I laugh because of bad acting, or even because the idea of someone laughing at a death scene is so rude it's amusing and I laugh to fulfill that idea. LOLOL. And then after I laugh everyone else starts calling me an idiot and laughing too...and the whole situation looks very insane..:D:D:D

I like you, you're cooky :)

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I laugh during or am amused by most death scenes, honestly.

The most fucked-up one I've chuckled at that I remember was when the ship in Frozen capsized, leaving Elsa and Anna parentless. I don't know why I laughed at that one, actually.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The ending of the Dark Knight trilogy had me in tears laughing. He looked so constipated!

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, and I’m glad I’m not alone in this, you sick fucks.

Bacopa

MBTI Type
intj
Well yes, because some horror movies make it funny. Most horror movies are so sh*t that they make me laugh. Too much killing.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I laugh during or am amused by most death scenes, honestly.

The most fucked-up one I've chuckled at that I remember was when the ship in Frozen capsized, leaving Elsa and Anna parentless. I don't know why I laughed at that one, actually.

Well, it WAS mighty convenient and abrupt... Leave it to Disney to regularly kill off parents as a shorthand substitution for "Character Development."

Jaguar

Not a film as such but close, my friend and I laughed quite loudly when Brad Pitt got run over in the preview of "Meet Joe Black". The girls around us were not impressed.

2ZgTJ8j