• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

South Park MTBI

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok guys I'm really sorry to keep it up with the TV show character analysis, but I mean...no, actually I'm not.

South Park MBTI

Cartman--ENTJ (obviously)

Kyle--INFJ (his sense of poetic justice when evil-scheming-ENTJ cartman finally "gets what he deserves" in the AIDS episode is super INFJ, isn't it?)

Stan--ESFP

Kenny--ISTP

Butters--INFP

Wendy--ENFJ like it's her fucking job (see the recent episode where she fights Cartman)

Bebe--ESFJ

Craig--ISTP (maybe ESTP?)

Token--ISFP

Timmy--Ummm...?

Jimmy--ENFP

Tweek--INTP

Stan's mom--ENFJ

Stan's dad--ESTP

Stan's sister--ESTP

Jimbo--ESTP (Stan's family is just chock full of ESTPs, huh?)

Ned--ISTP

Kyle's mom--ESFJ

Kyle's dad--ISTJ

Ike--INTJ; they always talk about how brilliantly intelligent he is, but he seems to have stunted social skills (still can't talk at all??) and seems rather petulant on the occasions that Kyle's parents change any part of his routine.

Mr./Ms. Garrison--ENTP (*blink*...)

Mr. Mackey--ISFJ

Big Gay Al--ENFP

Mr. Slave--ENFJ

Chef--ESFP

Cartman's mom--ESFP

Butters's dad--Hilariously ESTJ, see the vampire episode especially. ("What keeps a family together?? AN ORGANIZED PANTRY!!")

Butters's mom--Hilariously ISFJ. Poor INFP Butters has the stereotypical all-American SJ parents. Aww.

Towelie--ISFP (hellz yes, jeffster)

School Principal (forget her name)--ISTJ

Mayor McDaniels--ISTP

Okay, I know that typing Ike as INTJ at such a young age might be a little bit of a stretch, but I found at least one character for all 16 types.

What you guys think eh?

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
That's awesome. I would have never thought to take the time to put this list together, lol. It sounds correct because I can recognize some, but I'm not quite an expert on every type yet.

redacted

I agree with most. Here are the ones I would think were wrong...

Stan - ESTP
Stan's mom - ESFJ
Randy Marsh - ESFP for suuuuuure.
Garrison - ExTJ

Ike is totally INTJ.

(There are a couple on your list I haven't bothered typing yet, so I'm not sure about them.)

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tweek--INTP
Too chemically messed up to type accurately
Cartman's mom--ESFP
ISFP

I don't have really strong opinions on most of the characters' types except Cartman is ENTJ, Butters is INFP, and Craig and Kenny are ISTP.

Stan - ESTP
Stan's mom - ESFJ
I could see the first two, but now that I think about it I think Randy Marsh is ENFP. He's too ideological for an SP but still extremely susceptible to anything new. He reminds me of the male ENFPs I've known, in a negative exaggerated light.
(listening to my ENFP brother's rants...Monday: him, "blah blah blah! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!! AND FURTHERMORE BLAH".....Tuesday: "so anti-blah. anti-blah anti-blah ANTI-BLAH ANTI-BLAH ANTI-BLAH BECAUSE ANTI-BLAH!!!!!!" me: "um weren't you blah just yesterday with equal emotional vigor? how does that work? Are you ok?" Wednesday: "ANTI-BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, ANTI-BLAH, BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHANTIBLAH" me: *goes into epileptic shock* )

Ike is totally INTJ.
for a baby, yeah

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Stan - ESTP
Stan's mom - ESFJ
Garrison - ExTJ

Ike is totally INTJ.

(There are a couple on your list I haven't bothered typing yet, so I'm not sure about them.)

I dunno, you've implied that Stan has a lot less concern for the feelings of others than his father, which to me seems kind of ridiculous. Either they're both ESTP or both ESFP, or Stan is F and Randy is T, but not the other way around.

Randy is a consummate SP because of how present-focused he is. To whoever said it down below, I don't feel there's a good argument for Randy as an N, at all. He constantly misses the big picture/doesn't bother planning anything ahead and that's part of the basic fabric of South Park--nearly all of the adults are incredibly S. Randy is soooo SP--he displays the classic SP rage when his value system is threatened (i.e., when he teaches Stan to dance in the "You Got Served" episode, or starts fights at the local little league games.)

As for T/F on Randy, I still have to stick with my initial assertion that he's T. It just doesn't get much more oblivious-SP than Randy Marsh. He doesn't *intend* to hurt anyone, generally, but he's just SO short-sighted that he becomes incredibly bad at reading the potential emotional reactions of anyone to anything he does--he just does it anyway, with no particular plan for others in mind, because it seems like a good idea at the time. He also has no problem just bluntly calling people out with little to no restraint when he thinks they're wrong ("No, that's crap, Sharon! When somebody dances at you, you have to dance back!"), and an ESFP would be more likely to try and find a way to put it gently.

I think Stan is a much more likely candidate for ESFP. Notice how Stan and Randy both represent different forms of the All-American every-man. Neither is very good at strategic planning at all, but Stan is just generally a much nicer person who's less oblivious to how his actions will affect others.

As for Stan's mom, I'm hesitant to place her as ESFJ because, while protecting her family is important to her, it seems more out of a sense of concern for the greater good than out of OH MY GOD SOMETHING IS THREATENING MY FAMILY HELP HELP I'M AN INSECURE SJ IN THE FACE OF CHANGE!

The latter attitude is more much applicable to Kyle's mom, who is most certainly an ESFJ. I've grown up with a very ESFJ mother, myself, and while they have a lot in common with ENFJs, their focus is more self-centered. They want to make sure all the needs of *their particular family group* are met, and they're not as concerned with doing things to affect the greater good or help humanity in a more broad-sweeping way.

On the other hand, there's a very particular way an ENFJ on a mission looks, and Sharon Marsh fits that mold really well. She clearly wants to protect her children like any decent parent (especially ESFJ) would, but she'd rather accomplish this by changing the circumstances of the outside world that are causing her family problems, instead of merely alleviating the practical symptoms of those problems, and this, to me, is the fundamental ESFJ/ENFJ divide.

For example, an ENFP friend of mine recently told me that her brother had been arrested for marijuana distribution. "I just wish I could do something to change marijuana laws!", she lamented. That's an extremely NF attitude--making some grand, broad-scope change to help people in general.

An SF in this situation is more likely to think, "How can I help him be more comfortable while he's stuck in jail? I should bring him a blanket and some pillows and some nice hot soup!" NFs see the bigger picture better and are less likely to make overprotective snap judgments about what their people need.

And as for Garrison, no, I still have to stick to my assertion that s/he is an ENTP, not J. Let's review some of the most obvious characteristics of ENTPs:
--Wants people to like them/appreciate their talents
--Wants to be shocking, different, unique and over the top, in whatever way necessary
--Loves to argue, has a penchant for brutal sarcasm in a verbose style (always has to show off his own brilliance)

Garrison is definitely all of these, and he's not above going to outrageous lengths to prove a point or get his way, but he's fundamentally too reactionary in this process (and not ever planned or scheduled enough) to be a J. His thinking is fragmented and all over the place and he'd rather improvise a "brilliant" new solution (like, say, impulsively hiring an assassin to kill Stan and Kyle's egg and therefore prove that he was right all along) on the fly than bother taking the time to plan everything to perfection (see the gay marriage episode..."this scientific experiment isn't going how I planned!") When their carefully laid plans go awry, ENTJs do get freaked out but they tend to channel it inward and remain calmer and more rational in the face of unexpected problems than do ENTPs--the ENTJ (like Cartman) panics briefly, then immediately sets out to reinvent the plan in a way that will allow all of the original conditions to remain as close to the original intent as possible.

The ENTP, on the other hand, takes failure not just as a problem to be dealt with expediently, but as a personal insult--he would much rather continue to whine about it, and then apply some half-baked overcompensating plan that the ENTJ would be far-sighted enough to recognize the problems with. The ENTP may even recognize the problems with the new approach himself, but often is pissed off enough about his initial failure that he seems to think he can simply force it to work anyway, because, hey, I'm an ENTP--the rules don't apply to me and I'm fucking brilliant! (I speak from experience on this one.)

He makes plans, but he's too wrapped up in the genesis of new ideas to bother making sure that every detail is accounted for--he's always on to the next thing, and I've never once see him blow up at anyone over a minor organizational dispute (which is par for course for the ENTJs that I know.)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But booyalab--ISFP for Mrs. Cartman? I think her character is kind of a joke on the whole "ESFPs will screw ANYONE!" stereotype. If she's ISFP, she's more likely to be directing her impulses inward in terms of things like art or music or other private creative outlets (none of which she seems to have at all), yet she seems most focused on directing those impulses outward. What is she doing every time we see her? Making cookies, pampering Eric, buying stuff for Eric, trying to maintain social harmony with Eric--an ISFP doesn't seem as likely to bother with all of this interpersonal stuff as her main focus.

redacted

Stan might be ENTP. He is big picture oriented. But Randy Marsh is ESFP no question.

ETP don't care about people's feelings less than EFPs. They care more, IMO (on average). Stan is always incredibly logical. Randy is completely value-driven.

S

Sniffles

Somebody classifed Butters as INFJ, forgot who, but I've always been meaning to ask them why. Although I can relate to the fact that everybody(especially his family) picks on him all the time due to his gentle nature.

Kyle is definately a better candidate for INFJ IMO.

Big Gay Al--ENFP
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

All I can say is you're right on target with this one.

redacted

^Yeah Kyle is definitely INFJ. Butters is INFP. And, yeah, Big Gay Al is for sure ENFP.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Stan is an ENTP for sure.
Stan is supposed to be the voice of reason on South Park while Kyle is supposed to be the voice of morality.
It makes sense that Stan is NT and Kyle is NF in that respect.

Last edited:

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Kyle self righteous enfj
cartman entj
stan marh istp
kenny estp
randy esfp
wendy enfj

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Stan - INFP
Kyle - INFJ
Cartman - ENTJ
Kenny - ESTP
Butters - ISFJ

I have solid arguments for them all. I also have seperate arguments for Cartman being an ISTJ and and Kenny an INTP.

Snowfrost918

Stan - INFP Kyle - INFJ Cartman - ENTJ Kenny - ESTP Butters - ISFJ I have solid arguments for them all. I also have seperate arguments for Cartman being an ISTJ and and Kenny an INTP.
Cartman as an ISTJ is laughable
To me Kenny seemed more introverted and especially came off as ISTP with the Mysterion persona, he's also exhibited enough Fi to be pegged as ISFP but why Se-dom over Ti-dom other than his sexual nature?
Kyle is Fe dominant and a definite extrovert
Otherwise I agree

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Nothing to contribute except I love this show, still.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Stan- INFP 963
Kyle- xNFJ 162
Cartman- ENTJ 387
Kyle- IxTP 953
Chef- ESFJ 296