• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone finished the last Harry Potter book?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes. Just finished it earlier this evening.

I feel wiped after reading it...and kind of slowly realising "Oh yes, there's a real world. Now where was I?"

It was excellent, though emotionally draining. I think Rowling did a nice job tying all the loose ends together, and effectively voided most chances of anyone asking her to continue the tale. There were some parts that were a little hokey...like the whole wand ownership speech by Harry at the end (yes, the concept was cool, but the execution was a little drawn out). I liked the twist with the horcruxes, but I still don't think Harry deserved two chances. And I could have been happier if half the book wasn't composed of the three of them arguing and being generally bitchy. Otherwise, was great.

Kastor

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I have the book, but I'm currently trying to finish number five :laugh:
Some jackass already spoiled the book for me, so I feel safe to be in here :/ I'm devastated about Lupin (my favorite character :<)and Tonks deaths, and just after having their baby, too.... -cries-

indigo2020

MBTI Type
INFJ
I also liked the way she tied up all the loose ends. I agree that the arguing in the wilderness went on too long. All in all, a good tale.