• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Favorite Shakespeare?

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
What do you mean by that?

Out of all the Shakespeare plays, INTPs seem to relate story and character wise the most to Hamlet out of any other play. INTPc had a poll about it. Hamlet also seems to exhibit archetypal functions found in INTPs. (A tragic fall of a great philosophical mind iconoclastic to those around him and sets things right without giving a damn.) An antihero if you will.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know that there's much I dislike, but Taming of the Shrew is a personal fave.

Reason: hard to qualify since it's been so long. I'd have to reread for specific choice passages.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Out of all the Shakespeare plays, INTPs seem to relate story and character wise the most to Hamlet out of any other play. INTPc had a poll about it. Hamlet also seems to exhibit archetypal functions found in INTPs. (A tragic fall of a great philosophical mind iconoclastic to those around him and sets things right without giving a damn.) An antihero if you will.

I thought Hamlet was INFP? Not that I'm complaining.

I don't know that there's much I dislike, but Taming of the Shrew is a personal fave.

Reason: hard to qualify since it's been so long. I'd have to reread for specific choice passages.
There's some cringe-making sexist shit in there.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I see something in most the ones I've read.

I saw Titus Andronicus at the globe theatre when I was in london, and that was pretty awesome. Never seen so many decapitated and dismembered bodies on a stage :). And the bodies only got removed as part of scenes, they never ended scenes and walked off or vanished. I've heard reading it doesn't give that much pleasure though, because its lines are quite simple and it is more about the revenge and the gore. Didn't know anything about it before I saw it either. There was a lot of, "s**t, he just decapitated him" moments. And thinking, "can't someone from this scene walk off the stage rather than be removed in pieces.", hehe.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Well, sorry to be predictable but I can only really read his 'tragedies'. His "Comedies" I find illogical for the most part, maybe it is just me . His ''histories'' have so much bias that one can't take them serious.

Anyway, Hamlet or King Lear for my favourite.

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I have to be unoriginal and claim Hamlet as well, with Macbeth as runner up.