• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation WoW: Function - Faction

Which is your J/P funtion and which side in WoW would you choose?

• J - Alliance

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • J - Horde

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • P - Alliance

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • P - Horde

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Gauche

I think this means that Ps are evil.

Wait, so you think The Horde is evil then?:devil:
I think The Horde is the poor suppressed side, which suffer from the complex of "we-are-good-and-right-and-you-are-bad-and-wrong" of alliance. We only defend, poor Horde:boohoo:

deleted
I've always known Ps were evil just by the WoW example. Horde is incredibly evil. Look at them.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
When i played WOW for a month.. i picked alliance because their quest's were far more developed plot-wise and were more diverse.. and their area's were more exciting to explore. However i liked the Horde more for their crude tribalistic style.. and beside's it's incorrect to call the horde evil.. they are after all lead by a neutral leader with good intentions.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I played an undead arcane mage. So technically that puts me on the Horde side. But the only Horde races I actually liked were the Forsaken and the Blood Elves. The others seemed kind of uncivilized. I was kind of amused to note that the reputation I started out with towards the various Horde factions mirrored my own prejudices rather closely.

The way I ended up choosing my character was kind of funny, though. I was curious and asked myself, "how could they make the game make sense if you're just a marauding, mindless undead creature that shouldn't have any will of their own?" Then I happened to glance over at the Forsaken on the character selection screen... and I noticed that they weren't moving quite like typical undead, and showed signs of being deliberate and conscious in their movements. One particular idle animation of the female Forsaken model, where she glanced around nervously and seemed wary of the environment, reminded me of myself.

The more I played them, the more I related to them. Their main enemies (the Scarlet Crusaders), are shockingly similar to the people I perceive as my enemies (certain right-wing cultural elements). The idea of building a city in tunnels underneath the ruins of a walled city makes far more sense to me than the locations of the other cities.

Anyway, sorry for that tangent. My point was, I think the Forsaken and Blood Elves could reasonably be Js, even if the rest of the Horde is P. So I don't think you can determine things solely by faction. I know I wasn't even paying attention to Alliance/Horde when I created my character.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I played an undead arcane mage. So technically that puts me on the Horde side. But the only Horde races I actually liked were the Forsaken and the Blood Elves. The others seemed kind of uncivilized. I was kind of amused to note that the reputation I started out with towards the various Horde factions mirrored my own prejudices rather closely.

The way I ended up choosing my character was kind of funny, though. I was curious and asked myself, "how could they make the game make sense if you're just a marauding, mindless undead creature that shouldn't have any will of their own?" Then I happened to glance over at the Forsaken on the character selection screen... and I noticed that they weren't moving quite like typical undead, and showed signs of being deliberate and conscious in their movements. One particular idle animation of the female Forsaken model, where she glanced around nervously and seemed wary of the environment, reminded me of myself.

The more I played them, the more I related to them. Their main enemies (the Scarlet Crusaders), are shockingly similar to the people I perceive as my enemies (certain right-wing cultural elements). The idea of building a city in tunnels underneath the ruins of a walled city makes far more sense to me than the locations of the other cities.

Anyway, sorry for that tangent. My point was, I think the Forsaken and Blood Elves could reasonably be Js, even if the rest of the Horde is P. So I don't think you can determine things solely by faction. I know I wasn't even paying attention to Alliance/Horde when I created my character.

I relate to your post. I love the Forsaken lore and style. They're all a bunch of crazy chemical scientists coming up with the latest contraption of death, and their morbid humor is phenomenal. I love their backstory as well. Enslaved against their will, they resist and become their own, and vow revenge. Their alliance with the rest of the Horde is tentative at best, their only loyalty is to themselves and their ultimate goal. I like it :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well, I wonder if there's a correlation between Judging/Perceiving function and a faction one would choose in World of Warcraft. The basic concept is that Js would choose alliance (which appeal more like the "right side", "those good"), while Ps would choose Horde (maybe more open-minded side, not afraid to be "bad guys" (which actually arent more bad than alliance at all though)). So thats only idea, lets make a poll and see where's the truth
I've gathered there's extremely strong sentiment against the idealistic decisions to choose the side, and it's actually being laughed at how young kids are so attracted by the nice skins on the allied side, and the nice story about them.

It isn't so much fun when it troubles the gameplay and balance issues.

Glad that BG's aren't that important part of the game, and world PvP has almost never been.

Kanamori

The Horde have better racial abilities. AOE Silence, AOE stun, break fear... invaluably good in pvp. The human bonus to reputation is nice, though.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
P Alliance - I was drawn in 01/2005 - most of my friends were Alliance so I rolled alliance as well.

I must say though I enjoyed playing Horde more before Belfs were introduced. Seems like that drew in a bunch of dopes. Now it's not much different from the Alliance.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Glad that BG's aren't that important part of the game, and world PvP has almost never been.

Well, when they stop Nerfing PVE because people QQ about PVP I'll believe that.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Well, when they stop Nerfing PVE because people QQ about PVP I'll believe that.

Here is where I'll disagree with you about it, because it is significantly easier to balance PvE than it is PvP. The monsters don't cry when you nerf their abilities, and frankly don't care if they're underpowered or not.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Here is where I'll disagree with you about it, because it is significantly easier to balance PvE than it is PvP. The monsters don't cry when you nerf their abilities, and frankly don't care if they're underpowered or not.

Yeah - they just started to make some abilities work differently in PVP vs PVE. Do that all around. Don't nerf the healing co-efficient of LB in PvE so that PvP rogues arent QQing about a druid able to HoT itself. It now costs too much to cast to use effectively for raid healing.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pondering on trying it out again now with the new patch. Got my baby girls shelved. (four level 80 female tauren shammies. <3)

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
Holy Moses. Taking Dual boxing to a whole new level? Quad boxing?

My head would explode.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, got 6 accounts. But all frozen at the moment.

World first to 5-box the oculus timed event (maybe the only one so far. >.> ), but when cleared all 10 man raid instances including sartharion with 2 drakes alive with 4 present at the time and undying title and such, I got bored. Haven't played for 2 months now. :p

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4515/wowscrnshot020809183644dh8.jpg

I actually doubt I'll go back, maybe next expansion though.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
OMG! THATS INSANE!

Nice Work - Come check out Ulduar. Its actually a lot of fun - more so once all the bosses work....

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe. Playing WoW feels like wasting time though.

Been playing it since day 1, on and off. And it just doesn't seem to renew much at all. Although I might go back to roleplaying, if I could find a roleplaying community that doesn't consist out of god-emoters and meta players. Yeah.. That probably doesn't exist anymore. :p

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I go through phases. I started 01/10/2005 and have stuck with it pretty much the whole time. I only keep one 80, and a few twinks for PvP.

I can't do this hardcore raiding/pvp that some do - I don't have the time nor do I want to spend it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I haven't done hardcore for a loooong time. Did that once, pre-tbc, raiding molten core and blackwing lair, that totally sucked!

With my multibox before I quit I just did ten man with 6 other close friends fairly casual without any set timetable. 2 raids or so a week. Was quite nice. But still, new instance, do instance once, boring farm x100. It's getting repetative for me.