• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
I won't be introducing you to all my family...only the crazy aunts and uncles. The others are so pedestrian as to be "normal".

B

ByMySword

I won't be introducing you to all my family...only the crazy aunts and uncles. The others are so pedestrian as to be "normal".

I'm proud of all my children. Each one has a history about them that I will surely share in a semi-lengthy but entertaining monologue. :D

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
My new 9mm Smith & Wesson 3914 :D I couldn't afford a 45ACP. =(
Dsc08134_DLCs3914w10rdmag.jpg

Timmy

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Ohhh...ambi safety even. I had it's slightly bigger brother, a 469 for a number of years. I had to tear it apart to smooth the action, and even then it had about a 10 pound trigger pull, double action, and about 5-6 single. Nice and compact for what it was, but I couldn't abide that trigger. This was in the 1980s.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Hmm.... well this gun was manufactured (according to S&W) in '94. I pick it up at the store tomorrow. It came with two 8 round magazines. ;)

Primary reason I chose this gun was the price along with the size. It is nice to tuck in and hide it in a holster unlike the larger clunky glocks.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Even Obama has a gun!
backwardgImage1.jpg

And here all this time I thought he was trying to ban them! :rofl1:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, I really like my new S&W 3914. But there are two issues that I dislike about it:

1) It is nearly impossible to field strip it to clean it. I got a manual from S&W but it is VERY vague in how to disassemble the slide. After searching the 'net I have found that others complain about this too.

2) You cannot have a round in the chamber ready to fire with the safety on because when the safety is activated, the hammer drops to its default position, thus forcing you to pull the slide back to cock it every time you wish to fire the weapon after taking the safety off. This is NOT a good feature for a carry weapon.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
toys the lot of them...

If you must insist on owning weaponary, go for a real one..

Try the BArret M82, presumably Amazon is doing a buy one get one free for Christmas and they are doing a version in frosted pink so it can fit in your purse...

It's a semi automatic, spring loaded, and has the effective range of around 3 miles...

Bon appittie

Now where is that darn......kitty cat....

MEOW, BANG........BANG!

:)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
toys the lot of them...

If you must insist on owning weaponary, go for a real one..

Try the BArret M82, presumably Amazon is doing a buy one get one free for Christmas and they are doing a version in frosted pink so it can fit in your purse...

It's a semi automatic, spring loaded, and has the effective range of around 3 miles...

Bon appittie

Now where is that darn......kitty cat....

MEOW, BANG........BANG!

:)
:laugh:

Well, I have a New England H&R .50 caliber.... that thing is a cannon! Close enough, right? :cheese:
I shoot 300grain 50 caliber rounds through it. One of my ex-gf's wanted to shoot it but it would have blown her shoulder apart... so I told her it wasn't a good idea. :rofl1:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL yes indeed cannons count...

Yes I am pulling your legs, guns are illegal in the UK... which works for us....

Still I have a range of imaginary weaponary... including voodoo dolls, through to the by hand method... although I'm not sure I'd actually get into full blown imaginary automatics... it woul take the fun out of the semis.... :D

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
That's great that there are no murders in England now that you have been disarmed.

Well I ain't gettin murdered without a fight.

Here's my Colts Officers Model Special!

zzzcolt-1-1-1.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Glock 23 with a Hogue rubber slip cover grip, and tritium night sights.

picture.php

If I had my concealed carry, this would be my carry piece.

As it stands, she stays in the night stand next to my bed fed with hollow tips big enough to mix a drink in.

EDIT: sorry for the flash, I'm an idiot with camera's.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
picture.php

This is the first gun I ever bought.

A little finicky cleaning wise, but with an AR you expect this.

Shoots like a dream when its clean though.

O

Oberon

That's great that there are no murders in England now that you have been disarmed.

Well I ain't gettin murdered without a fight.

Here's my Colts Officers Model Special!

That's funny... I have the Smith & Wesson version of the same gun, almost. It's a model 25-2 (or 1955 Target) in .45 ACP with moon clips, long barrel, target sights, and match trigger.

I generally shoot only my own reloads through it with my own cast bullets, but I keep a couple of moon clips around, loaded with 185-grain Federal Hydra-Shoks, for social occasions. You like to save something special for when company comes, you know.

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
You should go ahead and apply for your permit Disco-Fl. was one of the first states to implement "right to carry".

What brand AR15 is that?

I have a Model 27 Smith .357 Oberon. Wish it was a '55 Target instead.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've got a Ruger GP-100 6" barrel .357 with a tuned trigger that's about the closest thing to heaven I've ever shot.

I'll try to get a pic uploaded tonight.

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
Rugers can be nice. I have had bad luck with many different Rugers and my confidence in them is destroyed, so I stick with Springfields (the Govt Arsenal and the civvie company Springfield Inc.) Colts, Smiths, Winchesters and Remingtons.

Here's one of my carry guns, a 1931 Colts Detective Special.

31DS-1.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I love Springfield Armory the Gov't arsenal, and really really really like Springfield Inc.

If they still forged their metal like they used to, their product would be unrivaled.

For instance, if you ever got an opportunity to shoot old M-14's. If you just pop off one round and listen close, you can hear the receiver ring b/c it's hammer forged.