• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I :heart: GUNS.

AND CHICKZ.

AND ESPECIALLY GUNS W/ CHICKZ.

gungirl.jpg

this ones for you, Peguy!

I'm jealous, now I need one! *waits patiently for OWS to find picture* :cheers:

B

ByMySword

So I was talking to the salesman at the Kawasaki dealership while looking at a motorcycle, and we got on the subject of firearms. Ok, get what this guy tells me and tell me whether or not he's full of shit. I'll try to get it as word for word as possible, but this was a few days back.

So he asks me what I carry and I tell him that I carry a Bersa Thunder .380, to which he replies that he carries a Glock. Who doesn't, right? :dry:

Anyway, we start talking about future purchases, and he says that he wants a Sig Sauer. I mention that I'm looking to get a DA revolver due to their reported reliability since they jam less often and you can keep them loaded for longer. If you leave a semi-auto loaded, the spring typically gets weaker over time affecting the loading mechanism and leading to increased jamming. Right?

Not according to this guy, who kind of went back and forth on his facts. First, he said that springs made in semis nowadays are stronger and made to be kept loaded. Upon further talking to him (in which I said I disagreed), then he went on to insinuate that "oh, but not in the factory made springs". The conversation continues to where then he's basically insinuating that these springs are only made for or found in the Sig, itself. So basically he goes all the way around to saying that only the Sigs have the springs that are made to be kept loaded. Ok, so am I right or am I wrong? I totally got confused by this guy. This is the first guy ever to tell me that revolvers are not more reliable than automatics.

Now while one of his reasons was correct (he mentioned that you have to find ammo that likes your semi-automatic, which of course I already knew), the whole thing on the spring sounds fishy to me. I've come to the conclusion that this guy was full of shit and while there may be springs that are made for autos in order for them to be kept loaded, they're found in few firearms from the factory, and the rest of them would probably have to be bought separately. Either way, it still doesn't change the fact that a factory revolver is much more reliable than a semi-auto. And it definitely doesn't change my situation as I'm sure that mine does not have this style of spring (he even went into the metallic composition of the springs)

As confusing as this conversation was, I'd like to see what anybody else knows about it. Comments? Opinions?

Edit: Personal opinion. Nice guy, fun to talk to. Kind of helpful on the motorcycles, but still a salesman (I was looking at a 900cc as a starter bike, but he says he doesn't believe in starter bikes and directs me to the 1600cc. I look at the details and he goes "oh, you don't even need to look at that". He was afraid that I was looking at the price, lol). No offense to ENTPs here, but I'm pretty sure he was one due to the fact that I think he was full of shit.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Sexist - they don't seem to have any GC for females - vests in particular. Did I miss something?

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
If anyone finds a line of womens clothing that takes CC into account I'd love to hear about them. In the meantime I'll probably go with one of these.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
If anyone finds a line of womens clothing that takes CC into account I'd love to hear about them. In the meantime I'll probably go with one of these.

NRAStore.com - Products

:newwink:

I was looking at some fine artwork yesterday... at Gander Mtn. whilst waiting for Eagle to arrive. Very fine artwork indeed. :yes: I saw a Savage .270 for only $300! :shock:

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm actually considering purchasing a S&W MP-15 soon. Does anyone here have any experience with that particular rifle? Good or bad?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was in Houston yesterday for quite some time.
...I hate your airport.
A lot. :dry: