• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

B

ByMySword

We have 3 Winchester 1894s. One was made in 1913. Its a carbine and you can tell that its been carried on a horse because there is a bow in the stock.

I also have a reproduction Winchester 1866. My father has a reproduction Winchester 1873.

Snoopy22

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We have 3 Winchester 1894s. One was made in 1913. Its a carbine and you can tell that its been carried on a horse because there is a bow in the stock.

I also have a reproduction Winchester 1866. My father has a reproduction Winchester 1873.

What are the calibers of the 1894s, I assume the reproductions are most likely 30-30. The non 30-30 guns appear to be worth more.

B

ByMySword

What are the calibers of the 1894s, I assume the reproductions are most likely 30-30. The non 30-30 guns appear to be worth more.

I've never seen one that wasn't .30-30.

All of ours are.

Do they make reproductions of 1894s yet, because all of ours are originals.

B

ByMySword

I thought I'd bring this thread back in style!!! :D

[YOUTUBE=DEQiEvj_prE]"Hmm..."[/YOUTUBE]

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
p_m wants to shoot at the range more often, and he will only purchase a firearm after extensive training. He believes that his first firearm purchase will be this, the Ruger KP944:

81L.jpg

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Let's not forget the Mossberg 590 Mariner:

moss_46273.jpg

mymossberg590a1.jpg

12 gauge, parkerized finish, able to remain underwater for many days and surface with full ability to fire! No wonder the U.S. Navy loves these!
Don't forget, the optional pistol grip makes this a mean comapct street sweeper...

;)

B

ByMySword

Ruger makes a good firearm. You won't be disappointed.

Let's not forget the Mossberg 590 Mariner:

mymossberg590a1.jpg

12 gauge, parkerized finish, able to remain underwater for many days and surface with full ability to fire! No wonder the U.S. Navy loves these!
Don't forget, the optional pistol grip makes this a mean comapct street sweeper...

I think I'm in love. :wubbie:

So what type of use do they get in the Navy?

The best handgun I've ever shot, without a doubt, would have to be the Kimber Custom:

PICT0033.jpg

:worthy:

All this does is make me more depressed that I have no money.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
lol i haven't read the last couple pages of this thread but everyone needs to chill out. if people want to post pictures of guns...who cares? its a gun. oh no. i have my own problem with guns but i dont think there is anything wrong with having an interest in them for hobbies sake. if it offends you, then come up with a good argument on why it offends you because so far your arguments suck.

to the people who are posting pictures of guns: just ignore the posts about how evil guns are as long as they are not putting up good arguments. if they actually have a good argument then respond. otherwise ignore.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'm in love. :wubbie:

So what type of use do they get in the Navy?

:worthy:

It is my understanding that this model of shotgun is the "deck gun" of choice in the U.S. Navy. In that if enemy troops were to find their way onto the deck of your destroyer/battleship/whatever, this little puppy loaded with buckshot/slug/buckshot/slug/etc. would clear the deck very nicely...

;)

B

ByMySword

It is my understanding that this model of shotgun is the "deck gun" of choice in the U.S. Navy. In that if enemy troops were to find their way onto the deck of your destroyer/battleship/whatever, this little puppy loaded with buckshot/slug/buckshot/slug/etc. would clear the deck very nicely...

;)

Hmmm, I've been considering joining the Navy.

They just went up on my list. ;)

B

ByMySword

lol i haven't read the last couple pages of this thread but everyone needs to chill out. if people want to post pictures of guns...who cares? its a gun. oh no. i have my own problem with guns but i dont think there is anything wrong with having an interest in them for hobbies sake. if it offends you, then come up with a good argument on why it offends you because so far your arguments suck.

to the people who are posting pictures of guns: just ignore the posts about how evil guns are as long as they are not putting up good arguments. if they actually have a good argument then respond. otherwise ignore.

lol, we handled that issue awhile back, man.

But thanks for stepping in. Its appreciated. :nice:

O

Oberon

I've never seen one that wasn't .30-30.

All of ours are.

You can get original, 19th- and early 20th-century Winchester 94's in .38-55, .30-30, and .32 Winchester Special.

You can get late 20th-century Winchester 94s in .30-30, .44 Magnum, .307 Winchester, .356 Winchester, and .375 Winchester. The latter three are chamberings in what was referred to as the "Big-Bore 94," a somewhat modified design to handle these higher-pressure rounds. You can even today get a big-bore 94 in .450 Marlin.

You can also find the occasional Winchester 94 in .30-30 Ackley and 7-30 Waters, but these are custom chamberings and not available from the factory.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
lol, we handled that issue awhile back, man.

But thanks for stepping in. Its appreciated. :nice:

haha i noticed after i posted. im to lazy to click forward and then write a reply...its a problem i struggle with every day.

B

ByMySword

You can get original, 19th- and early 20th-century Winchester 94's in .38-55, .30-30, and .32 Winchester Special.

You can get late 20th-century Winchester 94s in .30-30, .44 Magnum, .307 Winchester, .356 Winchester, and .375 Winchester. The latter three are chamberings in what was referred to as the "Big-Bore 94," a somewhat modified design to handle these higher-pressure rounds. You can even today get a big-bore 94 in .450 Marlin.

You can also find the occasional Winchester 94 in .30-30 Ackley and 7-30 Waters, but these are custom chamberings and not available from the factory.

Interesting.

I love the .30-30 WCF, though, so I probably wouldn't want one in any other caliber.

O

Oberon

Interesting.

I love the .30-30 WCF, though, so I probably wouldn't want one in any other caliber.

That's like saying "Because I love strawberries, I propbably wouldn't want a peach." :D

The .32 Winchester Special and .38-55 cartridges are both obsolete, but also both accurate and a great deal of fun.

B

ByMySword

That's like saying "Because I love strawberries, I propbably wouldn't want a peach." :D

The .32 Winchester Special and .38-55 cartridges are both obsolete, but also both accurate and a great deal of fun.

I don't have a problem with obsolete cartridges at all.

Have of the cartridges I shoot would technically be considered obsolete.

.44 WCF, ftw. :D

B

ByMySword

You shoot .44-40? I hear it's a bear to reload for.

Do you cast your own bullets?

I reload, and yes .44-40 can cause quite a problem because the casing is so thin. You have to get it just right.

I don't cast my own bullets though.

I do make my own lead balls for my muzzleloader, though.

O

Oberon

I reload, and yes .44-40 can cause quite a problem because the casing is so thin. You have to get it just right.

I don't cast my own bullets though.

I do make my own lead balls for my muzzleloader, though.

I cast bullets. It's rewarding, fun, and I basically have an unlimited supply of projectiles.