• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
So anyone got any preferences on the new rake of PDWs being produced? It seems like the military contractors are actually starting to think instead of just revamping last decades model again.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Oddly, having brushed up on my "current affairs" with firearms, it looks like the country who probably loves the gun the best (USA) are going to be the last ones to update their military. I'm wondering if the M16 has reached the same status as the Ford Mustang and similar... one of those designs that no one will accept can be improved upon.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
I love guns, a trait i caught on by my fascination with the army which began more then 3 years ago, and this fascination was a product of my imagination and glorification of armies of various ages. It's the very idea of how powerfull and destructive a simple contrapation born out of a simple invention like rifling is as much reason as the externals to me, a single object of a few grams projected from a barrel can penetrate and destroy/tear tissue,and kill almost everything in the animalia kingdom if not all, now that to me is fascinating. Had i been an Idea person (NT/NTJ), i would have definitly tried my luck with the fire-arms designing and armaments industry.

Last edited:

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I love guns, a trait i caught on by my fascination with the army which began more then 3years ago, and this fascination was product of my imagination and glorification of armies of various ages. It's the very idea of how powerfull and destructive a simple contrapation born out of simple invention like rifling is as much reason as the externals to me, a single object of a few grams projected from a barrel can penetrate and destroy/tear tissue, kill almost everything in animalia kingdom if not all, now that to me is fascinating. Had i been an Idea person (NT/NTJ), i would have definitly tried my luck with the fire-arms designing and armaments industry.

Don't sell yourself short. NT's might be the "idea men" but SPs are the craftsmen. Take Kalashnikov for example, who could easily be an SP. He didn't invent a new weapon from scratch. He borrowed the "assault rifle" idea from the Germans, and then decided to use a loose bolt to improve the gun's durability. And AK-47 is considered one of the best weapons created.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Take Kalashnikov for example, who could easily be an SP. He didn't invent a new weapon from scratch. He borrowed the "assault rifle" idea from the Germans, and then decided to use a loose bolt to improve the gun's durability. And AK-47 is considered one of the best weapons created.

He is a genius. He basically took ideas from all sorts of other weapons, and combined them into the AK-47, making an incredible weapon. (Lots of his own invention there as well of course) It's still damn good actually, incredibly durable, possibly THE cheapest rifle around, and an infinite supply. (Roughly 75 million produced to date according to wikipedia...more than all other assault rifles combined.). Oh, and it's still accurate enough, and packs a nice punch.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was pretty anti-gun prior to hooking up with my ex.

I think shooting targets is fun!!!

:)

Although, admittedly, I prefer shooting with the .22 rifle over anything else.

themax1609su0.jpg

themax1430ti2.jpg

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZpZryZEiY4"]Can anyone say sexy?[/YOUTUBE]

:drool: Ty to Dinlokale for showing it to me.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Also, not trying to be obnoxious or anything, you know you can use the multi-quote button, right? It's the one right next to the quote button, and you hit that on all the things you want to quote, and then for the last one, click the quote button, and you have all the quotes in one post..

Thanks! I know this wasn't posted for me really, but I couldn't figure out how to use the crappin thing lol

:doh:

B

ByMySword

Oddly, having brushed up on my "current affairs" with firearms, it looks like the country who probably loves the gun the best (USA) are going to be the last ones to update their military. I'm wondering if the M16 has reached the same status as the Ford Mustang and similar... one of those designs that no one will accept can be improved upon.

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just look at the Colt 1911. Although, you're right, if it can be improved, I don't see what the big deal is. What kind of improvements are you talking about for the M-16?

B

ByMySword

I was pretty anti-gun prior to hooking up with my ex.

I think shooting targets is fun!!!

:)

Although, admittedly, I prefer shooting with the .22 rifle over anything else.

Eh, I still shoot a .22 break-barrel pellet rifle often, even though I have bigger and better weapons now.

I shoot .22s all the time.

They're the perfect practice weapon for competition shooters when ammo is too expensive. For my CAS competition, rather than practice with my .44 WCF guns, I shoot .22 revolvers and .22 leveractions.

Its the same movement I'd be experiencing with the ones I compete with, but with cheaper ammo.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
They're the perfect practice weapon for competition shooters when ammo is too expensive. For my CAS competition, rather than practice with my .44 WCF guns, I shoot .22 revolvers and .22 leveractions.

Yup. Besides, a .22 in the hands of a good shot, is still more deadly than a .45 or .50 in the hands of a bad shot. (Unless body armor is involved). I need to get me one actually, I love the pellet gun, but I'd like something better in a .22

6sticks

MBTI Type
istp
.22's are also nice when you're going shooting out in the country and don't want to annoy the neighbors.

The Japanese used to issue one to their officers during WWII that was a pistol and a sword combined!!!
They also put bayonets on their machine guns.

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
.22's are also nice when you're going shooting out in the country and don't want to annoy the neighbors.

They also put bayonets on their machine guns.

Ye, I used to go hunting in the country with a friends .22, they're good fun actually.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just look at the Colt 1911.
What that single column clip, large pistol that fires a round which won't penetrate armour and weights quite a bit per round?

I like the M1911 but it can and has been improved upon. For combat I'd pick a different weapon.
Although, you're right, if it can be improved, I don't see what the big deal is. What kind of improvements are you talking about for the M-16?
You don't know? Never heard of the M8 or the OICW?

Try this site.

Basically the US military was looking into the most advanced infantry weapon ever but for some reason they've pulled the plug on it in the last couple of years... this is after refusing the G11. I'm wondering if they're still sane!!

Mind you this is the same military who refused a pistol that shot 10,000 rounds without any jams, misfires or problems of any kind and instead bought one that blew a marines teeth out when the slide came off!! Good ole Beretta.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I've been thinking about getting either a Winchester 1300 Defender or a Remington Express 870. I'm gonna need something to protect all the gold and silver I'm stockpiling for when the dollar collapses. :D