• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
...Allow me to say this one more time. I missed a question because of the number of rude derailing posts. If you have nothing constructive to say beyond "this person's right, the US are all snobs, we're actually the awesome ones." PLEASE take it to A DIFFERENT thread.

As to the question I was asked sadly long ago, my friend's been looking at a hand gun in particular, but she (like myself) has been interested in hunting for a while without ever having gone.

Also, a bit off topic, but how do ya'll fair with bows and arrows? I've ALWAYS wanted to learn about them.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Also, a bit off topic, but how do ya'll fair with bows and arrows? I've ALWAYS wanted to learn about them.

I'm decent with them, but have zero knowledge, besides how to shoot. I have a cheap compound bow, and some arrows. Fun stuff.

O

Oberon

As to the question I was asked sadly long ago, my friend's been looking at a hand gun in particular, but she (like myself) has been interested in hunting for a while without ever having gone.

Was she looking for a handgun suitable for hunting, or were the questions separate?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Oh the questions were seperate ^_^ Me going off on a tangent! Yes her question in particular was about hand guns.

O

Oberon

Oh the questions were seperate ^_^ Me going off on a tangent! Yes her question in particular was about hand guns.

Well, there is a fair number of folks who do hunt with handguns, and there are handguns made for the purpose, so I just thought I'd check.

The choice of a handgun for personal defense depends on many factors. Does she want the weapon for concealed carry? How familiar is she with handguns? How big is she, and how big are her hands? Is price a consideration?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
US Citizens should be aware that gun fetish is not only a cultural debate, it is the US versus the entire Western world. You should be aware that anybody who would post this kind of pictures on a French forum would be seen and considered as a demented one, or someone with severe psychological disorders. So should we conclude that billions of people are haplophobic?
I didn't know the French were so closed-minded!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Well, there is a fair number of folks who do hunt with handguns, and there are handguns made for the purpose, so I just thought I'd check.

The choice of a handgun for personal defense depends on many factors. Does she want the weapon for concealed carry? How familiar is she with handguns? How big is she, and how big are her hands? Is price a consideration?

Hah! Sorry I know,Im so bad with details on some stuff!

Personal defense definitely, and range shooting probably more frequently. Looking for light-weight if possible with not too much kickback. She's not a petite woman, but she's not exactly an amazon she's real girly. If I were a blind man, I'd swear she's 4' tall with a kitten's paw for hands. I don't know about the price thing, I think she's fishing for that as well.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I changed the thread title to reflect what it seems the OP's intent probably was. OP, contact me if I did this in error.

Please, feel free to start an anti-gun thread if you like, or just don't open a thread that is likely to have pictures of something you find objectionable. If I suddenly get over my laziness, I may split out the anti-gun posts into another thread myself.

Lest anyone cry bias, please note that this entreaty comes from your friendly neighborhood Quaker peacenik non-gun-owning madmin. Peace out, y'all.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
NO WAI! you're not being prohibited from starting a thread to debate guns and/or gun control, or even to outright lambaste guns. It just doesn't quite fit with the intent of this thread.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
This whole thread should have been moved either in Sports and Games, or either in the Fluff Zone (or in Sexuality, but that's only my opinion :devil:).

It should not remain in the "Bonfire" area, since it is highly controversial, whether you want it or not.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That's a fair point. I'll move it to Sports & Games, although that gives me a little bit of the heebie-jeebies, but I think THAT is my bias talking.

B

ByMySword

More experienced gun-buyers and enthusiasts, you will be more adept than I to answer my friend's question. If someone, female in particular, were going to look for a gun to own.. with little prior knowledge, what would you suggest? It's a give in that aesthetics are slightly valued, but not necessary.

Actually, I'd recommend a smaller framed handgun.

Bersa Thunder 380 or the Walther PPK.

I've shown you my Bersa, kyuuei.

Poser

Fe, rusted.
MBTI Type
INTP
I just found out about handguns that fire .410 shotgun shells. Does anyone know how that can be legal when sawed off shotguns are not? I understand the tighter pattern with the .410 but still.

B

ByMySword

I just found out about handguns that fire .410 shotgun shells. Does anyone know how that can be legal when sawed off shotguns are not? I understand the tighter pattern with the .410 but still.

Sawed off shotguns are illegal only because of how they look and how they have been portrayed by popular culture.

A completely illogical law.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
161.jpg
Ooooo!!!

I :wubbie: your hat!!!!