• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Don't look at the thread, then. I wonder why you've never made this argument against any other offensive threads...

By the way, the proportion of crimes committed by people who legally carry is significantly less in almost all regards than the general population.

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I find the gun fetish offensive and evil.

And so does my government. Guns have been banned here and it is one of the most popular decisions made.

Quite rightly, pictures of sexual fetishes are banned here, and so should pictures of the gun fetish.

So I ask the moderators to ban all pictures of the gun fetish.

The gun fetish is deeply offensive and evil and should have no place on Typology Central.

Ahh, no, it is not the gun that is evil or the admiration of a nicely put together piece of mechanic. Admiration of craft (which is what we're doing here) and murdering someone are two different things. We're not talking about how the Uzi mowed down 100 soldiers the other day we're just staying with the gun and not its murderous application. Which is a given. True it is an instrument of death, but so is a rolling pin in the wrong hands.

benelli m1 super 90, standard grip, 12ga
benellims4.jpg

Nice, I like the look of this one, is it powerful? No offence, but although it looks nice it looks a little toyish? What's the kick like? (bare with me I need educating)

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Nice, I like the look of this one, is it powerful? No offence, but although it looks nice it looks a little toyish? What's the kick like? (bare with me I need educating)

the "power" would really depends on the load. the kick is stronger than a typical 12 gauge because the semi-auto mechanism relies on the recoil to chamber the next round, thus you also cannot use particularly light loads with this gun because it will not cycle correctly.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Guns are designed for one purpose only.

And you are gun dealers to the world.

And you are the biggest gun dealer in the world.

Almost all of the world's brutal dictators buy their arms from you in order to brutalise, exploit and oppress their people.

And you respond by treating guns as a fetish.

The gun fetish is a perversion that feeds on the suffering of the most vulnerable people in the world.

The gun fetish is beyond disgusting - it is evil.

But still you grow rich selling arms and enjoying your perverted fetish in the face of the poor and the suffering.

People are evil. Guns are tools.

B

ByMySword

But we have no need to bear arms because we are not afraid of each other - paranoia is not part of our national character.

There are many reasons to bear arms. Being afraid of one another is only one of them.

Originally, it was meant to allow the people to protect themselves from a government who obtains too much power.

Also, I think you're forgetting all the great hobbies you can have with firearms.

They are a tool. Nothing more.

In the movie the drovers are all packing guns of all sorts, low slung 45s and repeating rifles.

But thank God we don't believe our own propaganda 'cause we all know that drovers were not armed - and indeed who would they be armed against?

The same thing that drovers over here would have been armed against.

Guns are needed when one has to put an injured animal down fast or to protect the herd against predators. Rustlers also cause problems, especially during the time period portrayed in the film. At least in America.

But I only own a ranch, so what would I know? :dry:

We don't need guns, only a drover's dog to drive you into the theatres, thank you very much.

I'm sick of being nice.

We have an interest in firearms, so we made a thread where we could talk about it. If you don't like it, don't read it.

And definitely don't post here about your opinions. Thats just sure to piss some of us off.

NAMELY ME!!!!!! :hi:

I just think you posting here is really rude.

I do get tired of people preaching in threads that are clearly not meant to be debates.

B

ByMySword

Guns are designed for one purpose only.

Oh, really. Pray tell, what's that? ;)

And you are gun dealers to the world.

Name all the American gun manufacturers besides Winchester, Remington, Colt, and Smith and Wesson that you know offhand.

And you are the biggest gun dealer in the world.

Thank God for that.

Almost all of the world's brutal dictators buy their arms from you in order to brutalise, exploit and oppress their people.

If thats true, then that means that there is something wrong with the system, not the guns themselves. People are evil, not the tools people use.

And you respond by treating guns as a fetish.

The gun fetish is a perversion that feeds on the suffering of the most vulnerable people in the world.

The gun fetish is beyond disgusting - it is evil.

But still you grow rich selling arms and enjoying your perverted fetish in the face of the poor and the suffering.

A fetish? Try a hobby.

And how is it an evil perversion? I've never killed anyone in my life. And I certainly don't support evil dictators.

How is that any different than you buying something made in China that was made by child labor? I don't think the blame lies with us, but our leaders. And I certainly am not going to give up my hobby for people that I don't have any emotional connection to. Especially when I see no connection between it and what you've been talking about.

You're blaming guns for a corrupted system and you're blaiming civilians for things our government does that we have no power over. That makes no logical sense whatsoever.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Anything you'd like to say about guns.

I'll begin with a personal favourite: the Desert Eagle .50
She's a beaut.
Oooh, awesomeness! It looks quite simlar to the gun my Dad handed me over when I was at his house during the past 4 days. Too bad the weather was crap, otherwise I would have loved to go with him to do some training again. Ah well, at least I got to play around with it a bit.
Tho, I am not sure where this "odd" liking comes from, so don't ask me.

Oh and why he has it: He is a Carabinieri, which is a departement in Italy that "controls" the Police and the Army basically. He is a "private guard". Very cool. I guess I would go for such a job too. I mean you get to wear an awesome gun constantly and make sure that justice stays around so... :D

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Another thread where I 100% agree with Victor.

Gun fetish is an absolute perversion, since whatever you say, these tools were crafted and invented for a single purpose.

I pity those who can fantasize with guns (And I fear Freud was deeply correct about those fantasies). When you'll be on the other side of the bullet, maybe you'll understand. When you'll see for real what kind of damage they can do to a human body, maybe you'll begin to think with your heads instead of your balls...

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Gun fetish is an absolute perversion, since whatever you say, these tools were crafted and invented for a single purpose.
Hm, not to be an ass or so but...Tools don't have "colors". It is always the person holding it who gives it that.

I mean I see your point in saying "it was only made for negative things", on the other side...who says you should use it to do bad stuff only? I don't want to start a big discussion about this now but...if it is for that matter you could also say "A knife is bad" (you can kill people with that thing) or "Computers are bad".

I think things always have two sides. Not only a bad one, but neither only a good one. You can use a gun to randomly kill people, sure. But you can also use it to hunt your food (which means survival) or to "stop that guy there to hurt the little child".
But that's just me.

However, I do see both points.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Step 1) Have you any idea how long does the smell of exploded brain tissues last on your skin, especially when they belong to one of your closest friends?
Have you heard the screams of wounded people with bullets, while they are dying in an hospital?

Step 2) I'll give you a Desert Eagle, and you'll try to hunt down a few rabbits with it.

These weapons are made and designed to track down a single prey: Men. So maybe you're a cannibal?
THEY ARE MADE TO KILL HUMAN BEINGS. And it's not fun, it's for real.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
By the way, the proportion of crimes committed by people who legally carry is significantly less in almost all regards than the general population.

False.

You should rather compare crime rate and the raw number of weapons in circulation.
In Europe, we don't have the problem you have. In the US, the average homicide rate is 5.7 per 100.000 inhabitants per year.

In France, it is 1.64.

In Australia, it is 1.28.

In Germany it is 0.98.

In Japan, it is 0.5.

Guess why.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Ok well I think people have made it pretty clear and respectfully replied to Victors post about their opinion on the opinion yall share. But like Meta said if you dont want to read it you dont have to, the only thing your opinion is going to do here is upset a bunch of people so why dont you take it else where. Maybe you can start an Anti-gun thread and bitch about it there, or hey how about the bitching thread, other wise I cordially ask you to shut the fuck up.

Im also asking for a mod to split these complaints to a separate thread if thats not a problem before it gets out of hand in this one.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
False.

You should rather compare crime rate and the raw number of weapons in circulation.
In Europe, we don't have the problem you have. In the US, the average murder rate is 5.7 per 100.000 inhabitants per year.

In France, it is 1.64.

In Australia, it is 1.28.

In Germany it is 0.98.

In Japan, it is 0.5.

Guess why.

Not false. I was referring to within the United States.

In Europe the culture is significantly different also.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
Im also asking for a mod to split these complaints to a separate thread if thats not a problem before it gets out of hand in this one.
Agreed. Very nice idea actually.
We need moderation here please? =)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Anyways, this thread isn't about whether or not you support guns. Perhaps you should go start that thread.

We're here on a forum to discuss psychology (Jungian typology).

So I think you should be fully aware that such a thread may remind some gruesome memories to the people who read it, especially in the "bonfire" section.

(Memories I don't want to be reminded with)

Unless you want to discuss about the psychology of gun users, or traumas involved, who knows?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
We're here on a forum here to discuss psychology (Jungian typology).

So I think you should be fully aware that such a thread may remind some gruesome memories to the people who read it, especially in the "bonfire" section.

(Memories I don't want to be reminded with)

Unless you want to discuss about the psychology of gun users, or traumas involved, who knows?

Then why are you reading it? I'm not going to not talk about my interests because it hurts your feelings. I'm not forcing you to post here.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Another thread where I 100% agree with Victor.

Congratulations, have a cookie. :D

Gun fetish is an absolute perversion, since whatever you say, these tools were crafted and invented for a single purpose. I pity those who can fantasize with guns (And I fear Freud was deeply correct about those fantasies). When you'll be on the other side of the bullet, maybe you'll understand. When you'll see for real what kind of damage they can do to a human body, maybe you'll begin to think with your heads instead of your balls...

I disagree, but lets just pretend you're right on this. How is this different from Swords, Knives, or any other weapon ever created? People collect, and use them in hobby form quite often, yet those aren't treated as some unspeakable evil like guns are, by people like you.

Step 1) Have you any idea how long does the smell of exploded brain tissues last on your skin, especially when they belong to one of your closest friends? Have you heard the screams of wounded people with bullets, while they are dying in an hospital?

Nope. After I get a CCW permit, I can guarantee that there is no chance of me ever having to either. ;)

I'll give you a Desert Eagle, and you'll try to hunt down a few rabbits with it.

Deal. They're kinda expensive, so I'd be quite happy if you'd give me one. Also, unless rabbits are somehow stealthier than gophers, I can tell you that I can hit them with a handgun.

These weapons are made and designed to track down a single prey: Men. So maybe you're a cannibal?
THEY ARE MADE TO KILL HUMAN BEINGS. And it's not fun, it's for real.

I disagree. Yes, shooting other people would quite obviously be real, and not fun. However, there seem to be lots of people here, including myself, who use them for other purposes. (shocking.) Ever done target shooting? I find it quite enjoyable.

One final note. You live in a very different country from mine, with a very different culture. My country happens to have a long history of gun ownership with the right to it enshrined in our constitution. And, just in case you were hoping that would be changing soon, this nice little link shows, we aren't getting any more restrictive with those rights. (That is for Concealed-Carry Weapons permits and the policy by state from 1986-2006).