• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

Gauche

well, my GF took a photo of me last weekend at shooting range
windowslivewriterramboiv-13574john-rambo-trialer-rocky-iv-2.jpg

i told her not to photo me in such embarassing moments, but my GF is a very stubborn woman, darn :azdaja:
its really heavy caliber to handle, you know..

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Sorry if I'm ruling this thread.........eh, no I'm not. I told you I'd participate Rainman. :hi:

Ye this threads gone off. Nice post sword you seem to know a hell of a lot and actually possess a firearm. I'd like to have a real gun but its difficult to get hold of one in the UK without risking arrest. Maybe one day when I move to outback Australia and blast some Kangaroos or sumthin! I used to have a DE BB gun, but the most powerful thing I've ever fired was a 410 Shotgun when I was a young boy. Back in the days where I lived in Wales. Fired a .22 air rifle also and killed a few crows, rabbits etc. Other than that i would love to fire an 'actual' gun. I agree with what you say about the wrong mix of composite with the wrong models and I'm feeling the dueling guns, exquisite craftmanship. Im not so sure about the two tone on your bersa though I prefer one or the other. Just out of curiosity, what's the largest thing you've killed (If you've shot a human being, your not required to disclose such information) :cheese:

impractical in weight, calibre, clip size... nice looking but an awful choice as far as a sidearm :alttongue:

i use a few... benelli M1 super 90, sako trg-22, h&K usp tactical compact

Yes I chose it purely for aesthetic reasons... However its quite practical if you want to scare somebody haha.

Desert Eagles are silly range/movie guns.

Exactly. If someone pulls a DE on you, it's a near guarantee that they won't be able to hit you if you just move around a little. Because they don't know much about firearms.

I have a Glock 19, and a lot of research and thought went into the decision. It's compact, light, reliable, ergonomic, and easy to use under stress--The time when being able to use a gun is most important.

I sold my HK USP45 to buy it, which just never felt natural in my hand.

Not so silly when one is pointed in your face surely!! And I doubt anyone will try to 'move around a little' when faced with this hand cannon. I think the person on the recieving end of the barrel would pause at the sight of the large gaping hole infront of the barrel and consider remaining still...

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Nothing like a good old sawn off.

Efficient, powerful. Looks great too, I'd keep one under a rain jacket!

shotgunpump10in12ga3shellgmanace.png

I'm a huge fan of pump actions they make a great sound when cocked and when fired will put a large hole in something, although my sight sound reference is from watching Commando, Terminator etc. What else? The Walther PPK with silencer is pretty nifty, and I'm a fan of the old german Rugers. I used to have a gatgun that looked just like it.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Not so silly when one is pointed in your face surely!! And I doubt anyone will try to 'move around a little' when faced with this hand cannon. I think the person on the recieving end of the barrel would pause at the sight of the large gaping hole infront of the barrel and consider remaining still...
It depends on the context. If someone pulled a gun on me for no good reason, what's to stop them from shooting me for no good reason? I may well try to get out of there if I think I can make it.

B

ByMySword

Im not so sure about the two tone on your bersa though I prefer one or the other.

They have models that have one or the other, but I liked the two tone because it was a little different.

Just out of curiosity, what's the largest thing you've killed (If you've shot a human being, your not required to disclose such information) :cheese:

The largest type of game I've ever hunted would be wild boars with my bow. I've also hunted them with shotguns. I was unsuccessful. :cry:

But other than that, its been more medium sized game. The largest animals I've killed would be whitetail deer, corsican rams, mouflon rams, and javelina.

My dad on the other hand has done it all.

He's killed everything from wild boars off horseback with a bow to black bear and caribou. My goal is to surpass him. When I get enough money that is, lol.

B

ByMySword

The Walther PPK with silencer is pretty nifty, and I'm a fan of the old german Rugers. I used to have a gatgun that looked just like it.

Did you mean German Lugers? :huh:

Ruger is an American company.

Anyway, my affinity of Walthers is why I got the Bersa, which is basically an improved Walther clone.

I want to get a Walther one day as well, but I hear the slide bite can be a bitch.

When I was looking for a gun to carry concealed, the choice came down to the FEG PA-63 in 9mm Makarov or the Bersa Thunder .380, which was a little more expensive. Both were Walther clones.

I went with the Bersa because it was made better, it was newer, and because the Bersa had improved on some of the Walther's drawbacks where the FEG had not.

Still planning on getting an FEG PA-63, though. Its two toned as well. Made in Hungary. I can get one for like $190. :nice:

FEG_PA-63_1.291123419_std.JPG

B

ByMySword

Me at a CAS event. Its basically a combination of historical reenacting and speed shooting competitions, except with firearms of the time period. These are obviously 19th century firearms, postbellum America.

156.jpg

157.jpg

158.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

B

ByMySword

I was bored, so I thought I'd post a few more. The first one is what I dressed as for Halloween this year. I took that one of me twirling my Colt 1851 Navy. The second one was taken earlier this year in the spring, when I first got my Bersa. The last pic is my room. Mind you, those are just the guns I had room for on my wall. I'm the proud father of 17 firearms, 5 bows, 6 swords, 2 spears, 2 tomahawks, and too many knives to count from pocket knives to medieval daggers. Okay, ego stroke done. ;)

168.jpg

126.jpg

007.jpg

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
It depends on the context. If someone pulled a gun on me for no good reason, what's to stop them from shooting me for no good reason? I may well try to get out of there if I think I can make it.

True, but I reckon you'd stand a better chance standing still and perhaps talking your way out of it. As an INTP I'd expect you to use your intellect. :D rather than trying to move around, that would just further antagonize and panick the attacker would it not?

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
The largest type of game I've ever hunted would be wild boars with my bow. I've also hunted them with shotguns. I was unsuccessful. :cry:

But other than that, its been more medium sized game. The largest animals I've killed would be whitetail deer, corsican rams, mouflon rams, and javelina.

My dad on the other hand has done it all.

He's killed everything from wild boars off horseback with a bow to black bear and caribou. My goal is to surpass him. When I get enough money that is, lol.

Wow you've hunted boar that's pretty fucking cool. Must be a buzz to drop something of that size huh.

Did you mean German Lugers? :huh:

Ruger is an American company.

Yep that's what I meant the Old german Lugers they used in the war, my bad. Also what's 'slide bite'? Is it the way the barrel casing slides back after each shot? No that's recoil, or are they two terms for the same function?

B

ByMySword

Yep that's what I meant the Old german Lugers they used in the war, my bad. Also what's 'slide bite'? Is it the way the barrel casing slides back after each shot? No that's recoil, or are they two terms for the same function?

Yeah, I have a Luger in .22 LR. One of my favorites. :yes:

Slide bite usually occurs with smaller pistols like the Walther or the FEG. It has a lot to do with the angle the grip is at too.

Its where the slide comes back during blowback and bites the webbing of skin between your thumb and forefinger. Doesn't happen everytime you shoot it, but its been known to happen frequently with the Walther or FEG. It especially happens to guys with larger hands.

The Bersa took that element out of its design.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
On that note, it's interesting to me how it's possible to shoot with your thumb on the side of the slide and have very little negative effect on accuracy or your hand.

Rainman

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I have a Luger in .22 LR. One of my favorites. :yes:

Slide bite usually occurs with smaller pistols like the Walther or the FEG. It has a lot to do with the angle the grip is at too.

Its where the slide comes back during blowback and bites the webbing of skin between your thumb and forefinger. Doesn't happen everytime you shoot it, but its been known to happen frequently with the Walther or FEG. It especially happens to guys with larger hands.

The Bersa took that element out of its design.

Ye I can see how that could be a bitch. Had a feeling thats what it meant. Its all in the name. ha. I'm guessing thats why guns like the beretta have a lip on the top back of the handle.

Mole

Permabanned
They want to introduce a Bill of Rights here.

Even though our Human Rights are very well protected by Parliament and the Law.

We even have nutters who tell us we have the Right to Bear Arms.

But we have no need to bear arms because we are not afraid of each other - paranoia is not part of our national character.

However we do tailor our propaganda for your ears as you will find in the movie, "Australia".

In the movie the drovers are all packing guns of all sorts, low slung 45s and repeating rifles.

But thank God we don't believe our own propaganda 'cause we all know that drovers were not armed - and indeed who would they be armed against?

However we do expect you to believe the propaganda directed at you and attend the theatre in droves.

We don't need guns, only a drover's dog to drive you into the theatres, thank you very much.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
i forgot to include the load size but i took a few pictures for our lovely thread

h&k usp tactical compact with a short clip, chambered in .45ACP of course
attachment.php

benelli m1 super 90, standard grip, 12ga
attachment.php

sako trg-22 in .308, leupold mark4 16x40 in mil-dot
attachment.php

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
Guns are designed for one purpose only.

And you are gun dealers to the world.

And you are the biggest gun dealer in the world.

Almost all of the world's brutal dictators buy their arms from you in order to brutalise, exploit and oppress their people.

And you respond by treating guns as a fetish.

The gun fetish is a perversion that feeds on the suffering of the most vulnerable people in the world.

The gun fetish is beyond disgusting - it is evil.

But still you grow rich selling arms and enjoying your perverted fetish in the face of the poor and the suffering.

Mole

Permabanned
Yeah, that's the great thing about being the hegemon.

I find the gun fetish offensive and evil.

And so does my government. Guns have been banned here and it is one of the most popular decisions made.

Quite rightly, pictures of sexual fetishes are banned here, and so should pictures of the gun fetish.

So I ask the moderators to ban all pictures of the gun fetish.

The gun fetish is deeply offensive and evil and should have no place on Typology Central.