• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gaming and Type

JRT

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I'm an ISFP and I play wow...I have 2 characters in one realm and one more in another realm. And they're all at level 9. I've got 2 night elfs and one priest. I really only play when I need to stay up all night..like tonight i'll play because I have to get myself into night audit mode for tomorrow night. Other than that I don't play much. I want to get past level 9 though so I can get a pet!

IlyaK1986

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Would an E do better than an I? I think that's largely a moot point--simply because why the hell would an E be spending gratuitous amounts of time raiding in WoW anyway?

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
So far...in WoW I've raided as a healer (restoration shaman), tank (Death Knight), and melee DPS (Death Knight, Rogue).

Whatever that means. I actually like some of the social stuff, though.

Oh, and I do RP. Sometimes.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Would an E do better than an I? I think that's largely a moot point--simply because why the hell would an E be spending gratuitous amounts of time raiding in WoW anyway?

Thinking back to WoW after playing it, I'd have to say there were a great amount of extraverts. I'd think they'd be more drawn to the external affairs within the game. Say, guild/raid leader. They'd probably be more into the large pvp raids or pvp in general. That's an assumption, though.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the reaction time is a learned thing and not imbued with type. I have excellent reactions and actions per minute in games. I love strategy games, the micro managing and seeing all my hard work becoming my own victory. How does this have to do with my being an INFP? It doesn't.

I play a Retribution Paladin in WoW. This may be an NF thing, but I love knowing that I have something to help a group member at any time when I am doing an instance. Tank is dying? Lay on hands. Healer is dying? Hand of Protection. Healer dies? I can slap on a shield and one hander and throw some heals out. Tank dead? I can use Righteous Fury to take over until the pull is over.

I think that your actions in game reflect your personality moreso than how good you are. Like I let my friend have 1500 g to get his flying mount, he was level 78 and couldn't level without one. My INTP friend that I play with, however wouldn't do that.

I think you play the class that you are most comfortable with, in any game. The weapon you choose, the race you choose in a strategy game, the class in an MMO. It is irrelevant to typology. My INFJ best friend plays a Mage in WoW, he loves the mass damage. It's just pretty random.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lessee....

Well, when I play, I tend to solo by nature; it just offers me the flexibility to come and go when I want.

I do enjoy teams, but they have to be close-knit and understand how to function together and be flexible. Low-key but still efficient; I hate teaming with people who don't respect other people's time, or who aren't group centered and spread the wealth/item to the people who most need it, or who aren't competent at their role on the team, or who do not communicate what they are doing and thus create confusion and wasted energies (if not worse).

The one class I really don't like much is the mage.

I like to fluctuate between direct combat and tanking. I don't mind healing, depending on the team -- that can be a fascinating study in prioritization and multi-tasking (since you're buffing, healing, dispelling, etc., with a fixed mana pool).

In Wow, I play a pally, warrior, rogue, or druid, usually. I think I like my feral druid the most, honestly, because she's so versatile and can tank or do damage.

So I don't see my normal type and approach to life deviating much from my gameplay: I like to strategize and control situations rather than being blind-sided, I like the teamwork to be sensible and efficient and maximize results, I like soloing and exploring on my own schedule, and I enjoy talking and having fun as we do whatever we plan to do together. (Sometimes when I solo, I'll still be chatting non-stop with a friend or two via Whisper.)

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Thinking back to WoW after playing it, I'd have to say there were a great amount of extraverts. I'd think they'd be more drawn to the external affairs within the game. Say, guild/raid leader. They'd probably be more into the large pvp raids or pvp in general. That's an assumption, though.

Yep, PvP was why I played. And I'm pretty much as I as you can get. But I didn't like joining teams or grouping. I loved flying solo and wrecking people.