• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Artist's/Writer's Block

FFF

Fight For Freedom
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
*embarrassingly...* 'Fishing girl' is actually a young bishounen boy [which means 'pretty boy' in Japanese terminology]

The fingers are awkward, I know. What you can't see is the bit of fishing line that he is looking up at, and the ends are supposed to be pinched between the fingers of both hands [my scanner didn't pick it up, I drew it too lightly :blush:]. I always have issues drawing hand positions, even with references, though try to correct most of my mistakes before the final work is completed...

"Cartoonish" ...I prefer the term 'anime-ish'? lol [or if you like, cartoon works too...] but it's still an art form.. :D

Oh, that boy is kinda pretty... and now I feel kinda gay admitting that, but anyway. I was thinking anime at first, but didn't say it. I was trying to hold back some of the possible offensiveness.

Without being able to the see the string, his left hand looks like he's doing a yoga meditation.

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, that boy is kinda pretty... and now I feel kinda gay admitting that, but anyway. I was thinking anime at first, but didn't say it. I was trying to hold back some of the possible offensiveness.

Without being able to the see the string, his left hand looks like he's doing a yoga meditation.

Nah, don't feel 'gay', he's supposed to be pretty, it's ok. :yes:

I guess for future reference, I'm not at all offended by the 'anime' term. In fact, I get pretty ecstatic if somebody notices [I'm an anime fanatic, by the way... :doh:].

:rofl1: Yes, he [Yumema-- oh dear, he does have a pretty feminine name there... lol- short for 'Yumemaboroshi' ... ^-^] sort of does look like he's doing some sort of medatation pose...I'm hoping to fix this up in Photoshop so that his fingers aren't so terribly awkward... :blush:

StoryOfMyLife

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Just_Fishing_by_TwistedPixiSister.jpg

*coughs* Reviving a 'dead thread' ---thought I'd at least post the finished product. Took me long enough..

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
If you feel like your artistic output is getting stale, just start doing random shit, and something will eventually connect.