MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Composite and Digital Art crash course

THAT IS IT I AM RIOTING

I HAVE HEARD TOO MANY PEOPLE TELL ME THEY CANNOT DO EXACTLY WHAT I AM DOING AND IT ISN'T TRUE. :P

What I mean is, my paper drawing is SHIT. I gave up on visual arts before discovering digital art. Digital art is fantastic. Wanna draw a chicken? Get a picture of a chicken and layer trace over it. XD It is not impossible. Digital art can vary from collages, original creations, to composites created from your own images. The possibilities are ENDLESSSS.

I started doing this because...ironically, SOMEONE ELSE decided to show ME how to do it. I would've never gotten where I am now without her kindness in making tutorial after tutorial.

And you don't need expensive programs!
    GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Introducing GIMP! I use Gimp for all my signature and composite graphics! Even though I have photoshop! You can also do digital art with Gimp! You can export them as usable files with Gimp! I think the only difference in photoshop and gimp is when you want to get into text. PS has more text options. Gimp however is easier to create...GIF GRAPHICS!!!! I know yall wanna put a gif snack dab in the middle of yo shit.

In case you didn't have any idea...I would be the instructor.

I will create projects for you. There will be no time limit, you can do this "crash course" at your own pace any time you feel like it. If you need HELP you can post here or PM me. I will be here to assist any way I can.

Now all I want is students. Who wants to see what a psycho teacher I am? :P

After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Dude, my mom was a graphic artist so we had a copy of photoshop on our computer and I loved playing with it growing up. I know GIMP is a free alternative. I'd love an excuse to get back into it and do it again.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Dude, my mom was a graphic artist so we had a copy of photoshop on our computer and I loved playing with it growing up. I know GIMP is a free alternative. I'd love an excuse to get back into it and do it again.
    Awesome! Feel free to join in!

After all,

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    297 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

This looks interesting! I know there are loads of free alternatives to Photoshop, but this is the first time hearing about GIMP, I think.
    Thanks! I'll definitely let you know if I need a little project done since I find you creatively inclined. ;p

Edit: Oop, I just re-read this, yeah, I'll sign up later on today, thanks again!
    Each time you fall in love
    It's clearly not enough

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I wanna structure this properly so...

PART 1: Introduction

I will introduce you to various programs that may fit your desires. I will teach you how to find and utilize resources. This will be especially important for creating composites. I will also discuss some legality notes because if you, say, decide to use these professionally or sell them, you have to understand some copyright rules. Nothing too drastic. Pretty simple part.

PART 2: USING A GRAPHIC PROGRAM

I will do a little tutorial on using a graphic program. I ammmm hoping I can possibly do a video for this. I gotta set aside a good morning to do it but I would love this to be kind of "live" and I'll also do a write up for it. A lot of graphic programs have similar tools but if you are using a program and struggle with a variation do ask me. I'll find you the answer if needed.

PART 3: COMPOSITES AND COLLAGES

I started off doing composites and collages when I did graphics. Do not fear these projects. For a pointer you'll get a free look at my first ever graphic. 100% terrible. Might be shocking to see how that even came to exist. Everything is PRACTICE. As long as you do your best, you're doing great!

PART 4: Digital Art

I will show you actual art drawings. For this I'll likely be using photoshop rather than GIMP. I will try to utilize both to show you tools. I will also vary about the cursor stuff. I will do some WITH cursor but I have a wacom artpad now which makes my life a lot easier. It is $400 at Bestbuy. Worth every investment and it comes with the pen. I will show you how to make line art, or, if you suck at drawing like me, how to use images as lineart instead.

After all,
    Likes Norrsken, SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    Awesome! Feel free to join in!
    How do I sign up?
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

SOME BONUSES IF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED:
    These are things that aren't necessary but I can show you how to do.

GIFS:
    I only know how to implement GIFs in GIMP. I only know how to use this for Composites. Basically, you find a gif graphic online and I will show you how to make the graphic have a working GIF. I HAVE made text into a gif on gimp graphics and etc. This is a very timely process if you want to make your own gif. If you are interested you can ask. But know you'll probably be spending a day or so making that thing depending on how slow you want that fade in. A gif graphic can have over 200 frames to properly work. There's your perspective.

TEXTURES:
    Textures you will learn can be used to help create color effects or imaging on a graphic. If you would like to learn how to make your own, I can show you.

ICONS/LOGOS:
    Are you looking to play with this more...professionally? Like make logos, icons, and the sort? I can give you a crash course in creating this png graphics. Another sidenote is illustrator is great for this because it makes it a vector graphic, but isn't necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    How do I sign up?
    1. Julius

boom you're signed up :P

After all,
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Norrsken View Post
    This looks interesting! I know there are loads of free alternatives to Photoshop, but this is the first time hearing about GIMP, I think.
    Thanks! I'll definitely let you know if I need a little project done since I find you creatively inclined. ;p

Edit: Oop, I just re-read this, yeah, I'll sign up later on today, thanks again!
    You're welcome!

After all,
    Likes Norrsken liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    297 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    boom you're signed up :P
    Oh, just like that, lmao, okay, I'll sign up now.
    Each time you fall in love
    It's clearly not enough

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    125 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Obviously, some disclaimer notes:

I am...not a graphic design PHD. I am mostly self educated. I started using these programs at like 17 and just kept on doing stuff. I have had classes in digital design and graphic design. So I DO have education in this but I am in no way 100% a PHD certified instructor. If I was I'd probably...idk XD

If you struggle with my teaching style I am sorry. Please come to me and I will try to work with you in a way you can understand.

Do not feel ashamed if you are a bit behind compared to others. I was once terrible.

Do not feel ashamed if someone tells you they don't like your style. Here's a story for you. I had been making composites for YEARS at this point, and this very popular design maker came backt o the forum I learned to do this with and decided to make her own classes like this. I have a very different style and she didn't like me and ripped everything I did apart and made me redo it over and over. I felt humiliated and what was worse, the one who taught me liked this girl's style enough she started doing quite similar to me and I...quit doing design for a long time because I was really...hurt and felt like I wasn't good enough.

Second point, do not fear me doing this to you. I will show you things but the beauty of art is the subjectivity and personal aspect of you within it. Anything I critique will solely be centered around skills to learn and technique, not your actual art style. I remember the pain of my art style being ripped up and not knowing how to handle it. I would never ever put anyone else through that intentionally.

DO NOT GIVE UP! If a project is very difficult please do not fear asking me for help. If you're working on something of your own and feel lost don't be afraid to ask me. I love helping. I'm a fucking 2. :P

After all,