User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 38

  1. #1
    Kawaii Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ExFx
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,845

    Default The Wannabe Music Critic Association

    COME ONE COME ALL

    I have always enjoyed doing intensive music and album write ups and I listen to music all the time and have earned such privilege I think now working at a record store for a living.

    1. I would love if you gave your own views back to my views
    2. I would love if you recommended albums or tracks for me to review
    3. I would love seeing YOUR write ups here too.

    I just fucking love music, discussing music, and decoding meanings. Let's go.

    maybe not as hard as the Weeknd went with that AMA look though lmao

  2. #2
    Endless Coriolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    26,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    COME ONE COME ALL

    I have always enjoyed doing intensive music and album write ups and I listen to music all the time and have earned such privilege I think now working at a record store for a living.

    1. I would love if you gave your own views back to my views
    2. I would love if you recommended albums or tracks for me to review
    3. I would love seeing YOUR write ups here too.

    I just fucking love music, discussing music, and decoding meanings. Let's go.

    maybe not as hard as the Weeknd went with that AMA look though lmao
    This is a great thread idea. Would you prefer to have it in the Arts and Entertainment subforum?

    Music has been a huge part of my life as far back as I can remember, both playing and listening, and I tend to have a very critical nature. Oddly, though, I tend not to be spontaneously critical of what I listen to, other than sorting it by what I like vs. what I don't like. Meaning: if you ask for a critique, I will provide it, but my usual tendency is just to listen. I suppose the closest I come is to compare different versions or performances of the same thing, but again, not so much to say one is better/good, but to express a preference.

    In any case, I look forward to reading what is posted, though I probably won't be familiar with what is being discussed, and will post at some point.
    “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”– Douglas Adams
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  3. #3
    Kawaii Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ExFx
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This is a great thread idea. Would you prefer to have it in the Arts and Entertainment subforum?

    Music has been a huge part of my life as far back as I can remember, both playing and listening, and I tend to have a very critical nature. Oddly, though, I tend not to be spontaneously critical of what I listen to, other than sorting it by what I like vs. what I don't like. Meaning: if you ask for a critique, I will provide it, but my usual tendency is just to listen. I suppose the closest I come is to compare different versions or performances of the same thing, but again, not so much to say one is better/good, but to express a preference.

    In any case, I look forward to reading what is posted, though I probably won't be familiar with what is being discussed, and will post at some point.
    if you think it'd be a better fit there go for it. I wasn't sure where to put it. XD

    Not a problem. I just love deep diving into albums and concepts.

  4. #4
    Away For a Little Bit General Napissimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    793 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    I'm honored to be included in this thread, per usual, Your Excellency. I can't say my knowledge or critiques of music are particularly deep or insightful; I'm better at just listening and bobbing my head, haha. But, I will say each of Kendrick's albums presenting a different vibe is part of his genius. That is my random music thought of the day.
    "We are all refugees from our childhoods. And so, we turn, among other things, to stories.” - Mohsin Hamid

    Johari | Nohari

    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  5. #5
    it's not a phase, mom Jaune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    LEVF
    Enneagram
    416 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,349

    Default

    I do music write-ups and reviews all the time too lol, rarely share them but I do have a few on RateYourMusic.

    IAmWar's reviews - Rate Your Music

    I used to have an off-site blog for reviews as well where I extensively reviewed the top 100 most famous songs of 2014, might share that if I can find it. Had some other blogs too but they didn't go so far. I'm a bit scatterbrained about these things.

  6. #6
    Kawaii Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ExFx
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I'm honored to be included in this thread, per usual, Your Excellency. I can't say my knowledge or critiques of music are particularly deep or insightful; I'm better at just listening and bobbing my head, haha. But, I will say each of Kendrick's albums presenting a different vibe is part of his genius. That is my random music thought of the day.
    I need to listen to Kendrick's work. I do not know much of it honestly.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MovinOut View Post
    I do music write-ups and reviews all the time too lol, rarely share them but I do have a few on RateYourMusic.

    IAmWar's reviews - Rate Your Music

    I used to have an off-site blog for reviews as well where I extensively reviewed the top 100 most famous songs of 2014, might share that if I can find it. Had some other blogs too but they didn't go so far. I'm a bit scatterbrained about these things.
    This is rad! thanks for sharing!
    Wanna comment on me? My windows:
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=JazzyOrchid
    http://kevan.org/jh/jazzyorchid
    Likes Jaune liked this post

  7. #7
    Calmer than you are, dude Stigmata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    954 sp/so
    Posts
    7,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    COME ONE COME ALL

    I have always enjoyed doing intensive music and album write ups and I listen to music all the time and have earned such privilege I think now working at a record store for a living.

    1. I would love if you gave your own views back to my views
    2. I would love if you recommended albums or tracks for me to review
    3. I would love seeing YOUR write ups here too.

    I just fucking love music, discussing music, and decoding meanings. Let's go.

    maybe not as hard as the Weeknd went with that AMA look though lmao
    This is an awesome idea. I'm not sure if we enjoy the same kinds of music but I'll be very interested to see where this goes.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

  8. #8
    Kawaii Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ExFx
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    This is an awesome idea. I'm not sure if we enjoy the same kinds of music but I'll be very interested to see where this goes.
    TOTALLY SHARE YOUR TASTE ANYWAY. and I'd love recs for reviews. Maybe I'll enjoy more of it than you think!

  9. #9
    Kawaii Red Memories's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ExFx
    Enneagram
    2w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,845

    Default

    In honor of After Hours getting the biggest snub of the grammys I want to do an enraged review of the excellency that was After Hours. I was a casual listener of the Weeknd's hits and I decided on a whim to buy After Hours. After I did, I ended up going back and getting physicals of every Weeknd release including the Trilogy compilation thing. I basically became an avid fangirl of a dude who sings about drugs and fucking bitches but he's got a concept, a style, a story and I'm gonna stand by it. XD

    For real though he was fucking robbed. At the very least, Blinding Lights deserves Record of the Year.

  10. #10
    it's not a phase, mom Jaune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    LEVF
    Enneagram
    416 sx/sp
    Posts
    3,349

    Default

    This kinda reminds me of the music mystery game I invited you to join on the Mafia forum. My reviews were often quite longer than everyone else's. I should bring that game here sometime.

Similar Threads

  1. The Orchestral Music appreciation thread.
    By Octarine in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-22-2015, 01:56 AM
  2. The Couch and Free Association
    By Mole in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2011, 10:58 PM
  3. The Relaxing Music Thread
    By Elfboy in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 02:17 PM
  4. Wicked (The Broadway Musical)
    By Ulaes in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2010, 04:26 PM
  5. [INFP] INFP and the br00tal music??
    By Asterion in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO