• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Tomb1

I never saw Brady look so bad. Bucaneers are gettin' creamed 31-0...saints defensive line has just been killin' it

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never saw Brady look so bad. Bucaneers are gettin' creamed 31-0...saints defensive line has just been killin' it

Watching Brady get crushed like this is like early Christmas for me.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Better luck next time, Dallas. Oh, I forgot - bite me.

tenor.gif

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay I must full state first, before anything.

- I am not a team loyalist. Go ahead and shoot me. I am a players type. So I cheer for Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes. In turn this makes me appear to be a Chiefs and a Seahawks fan, however, if my favorite players left you'd probably see me switch to whatever team they went to play for. Nevertheless, I have invested enough in both of these teams to know more players than just the QBs. So without further ado.

I have been screaming for years SEATTLE GET A DAMN OFFENSIVE LINE FOR RUSSELL. now I'm screaming WHY DID YOU GET RID OF OUR DEFENSE AND STILL LACK A FUCKING OLINE. NOW RUSSELL IS COMPLETELY FUCKED. *screech*

I love Tyrann Mathieu but fuck he cannot play the other positions the other incapable defenders of KC are failing at. Why do we still have NO defense? If KC did NOT have Patrick Mahomes they still wouldn't be anybody. That's what's sad. XD It is like Peyton Manning with the Colts all over again...Peyton elevated the team to look SO amazing and then Andrew Luck comes in and can't do shit with them...why...? I mean besides many of their assets were older, they also weren't that great to begin with. Do you see how many amazing balls Travis Kelce drops? Please stop telling me he is one of the best TEs to play. He's overrated as fuck.

Also I watch a bit of Minnesota because a coworker I was so very fond of, is a Vikings fan. A loyal fan. XD He hates captain Kirk though...not as a person...as a player because he always chokes. XD Cannot say I blame him.

My mom loves Dak and Baker Mayfield. Consequentially I have to watch terrible cowboys games. My grandpa is a big Bengals fan. He is now watching Dallas too because they have Andy Dalton. Who he thinks is a great dude who needed a better team. Not sure Dallas is it. I mean I at least can say I enjoy Tony Romo now. I like him as an announcer. He was a shit overrated QB though.

*waits for Cowboy pitchforks*

also watching Tom Brady get creamed is wonderful since I don't think I've seen such an arrogantly stupid man. He and Belichik need each other. You know...they come up with the best cheating plans.

also can we discuss that the Jets were likely cheating and are still winless? I think that is a new level of failure. Like, the lowest level you can hit.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I forgot the complementary closing:

Aaron Rodgers is an overrated piece of shit, Russell is better, eat my shit Packers.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I forgot the complementary closing:

Aaron Rodgers is an overrated piece of shit, Russell is better, eat my shit Packers.

Give Russell a competent defense and watch him dominate the league. They only finally gave him some offensive weapons. If he doesn't manage to win an MVP at some point, it is an absolute travesty. He put Seattle on his back and basically said fuck your rebuild expectations after the legion of boom was dismantled and still took them to the playoffs.

Also, the AFC belongs to Patrick Mahomes -- it's his to lose. The league is finally catching up to Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, and either he hasn't developed or the coaching is choosing not to integrate more of the passing game into their offensive gameplan. The Titans are solid but I don't think they're talented enough to win the big game. I know Pittsburgh is 8-0 but I still don't think they're for real -- they should've blown the doors of Dallas yesterday, yet it was still a close game. The Colts don't have it on a superbowl level yet.

As far as the NFC, while seeing the Saints obliterate Tom Brady on primetime may be the highlight of 2020 for me, I still think they'll choke somewhere in the playoffs. Green Bay doesn't have it, just like last year, but they just manage to squeak out wins that makes they're record deceptively better than they are. Seattle is really good but they're defense is bad. Rams will contend but I'm not sure if theyre good enough, plus the NFC west is stacked as hell so they might not even make the playoffs depending on how things go. Arizona is interesting. Tampa Bay is basically bipolar disorder manifested into a football team-- I've seen them look damn near unbeatable and I've seen them look absolutely terrible. I'm sad the 49ers aren't very good this year. I rooted for them last year but they came short. The NFL is better when the 49ers have a good team. The NFC east doesn't even deserve my criticism.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
HEY, HEY! WHAT'S CRACKING, MY FELLOW SPORTS FANS???

Also, what the actual fuck happened to Tampa Bay yesterday? The Saints just steamrolled them, ground them up, and tossed them throughout the field. I still think the Saints are going to choke in the playoffs, much to the chagrin of my LSU/Saints fans cousins and my delight; I'm just confused how they managed to blow them out this badly. The Antonio Brown effect, I suppose...

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you're the Brooklyn Nets, do you try to get a third superstar, or are you confident enough that guys like Caris LeVert and Spencer Dinwiddie can be a great supporting cast for KD and Kyrie? I've been wondering about this a lot, and with KD coming back, the Nets are definitely a top 5 seed, minimum, in the East. I really think the Nets have some underrated depth, personally, and if I'm their front office, I want to bet on developing their younger guys and bench guys first before trying to go for a third superstar. Plus, Kyrie and KD have some...shall we say, personality reputations, and while the very scant signs so far have been positive, I want to see how well they work together before trying to add a third superstar to a potentially explosive mix.

[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] I'm tagging you here, what do you think?

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
also can we discuss that the Jets were likely cheating and are still winless? I think that is a new level of failure. Like, the lowest level you can hit.

If the Jets remain winless, I wonder if they might surpass the 2008 Lions or 2017 Browns in terms of embarrassment.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If the Jets remain winless, I wonder if they might surpass the 2008 Lions or 2017 Browns in terms of embarrassment.

I mean let's not forget the biggest mistake of all time in drafting that USC kid.

I mean I think the only person who took him seriously was Colin Cowterd. this misspelling was intentional.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I mean let's not forget the biggest mistake of all time in drafting that USC kid.

I mean I think the only person who took him seriously was Colin Cowterd. this misspelling was intentional.

My preferred spelling is Clownterd, hehe. He's a glorified troll (I mean, a lot of sports analysts are, but he's on another level).

My one thing I'll give him is that he seems to know he's playing a character. You know who I actually hate, though? Jason MF Whitlock. Dude knows nothing about anything.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

I actually like Colin's analogies but his actual sports takes are garbage. That said, if the jets end up with the #1 overall pick and I'm Trevor Lawrence, I either boycott it or stay in Clemson for another year. The jets are an absolute shitshow, with no signs of an immediate turnaround.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My preferred spelling is Clownterd, hehe. He's a glorified troll (I mean, a lot of sports analysts are, but he's on another level).

My one thing I'll give him is that he seems to know he's playing a character. You know who I actually hate, though? Jason MF Whitlock. Dude knows nothing about anything.

Jason Whitlock is entertaining as long as you understand he is so trolllalolly. XD I mean, seriously, his whitlogues normally end up being a mess. There's a guy they bring on there sometimes and I like listening to him though.

also can we stop worshipping Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers. Like when Colin started taking down Rodgers I thought the second coming was near - he was so far up Aaron's ass I'm surprised he could see.

I am interested in seeing the Bills this season too. They've really been improving with Josh Allen.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Whitlock sucks. Also, Shannon Sharpe is the GOAT, followed way, way behind by Max Kellerman.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually like Colin's analogies but his actual sports takes are garbage. That said, if the jets end up with the #1 overall pick and I'm Trevor Lawrence, I either boycott it or stay in Clemson for another year. The jets are an absolute shitshow, with no signs of an immediate turnaround.

#STAYINCLEMSON

Because I hate the Jets for what they did to Tim Tebow.

I was on the Tebow train take me down bitches. XD in seriousness I've hated them long before Tebow, it just added to my fuel. Rex Ryan was a dirty bitch and Sanchez was gross af. They thought Geno fucking Smith was a good idea. They have no idea what they're doing and its embarassing. At this point they should retire from being a football organization. They're a joke at best.

But also I genuinely like Trevor and want him to go somewhere GOOD...

- - - Updated - - -

Whitlock sucks. Also, Shannon Sharpe is the GOAT, followed way, way behind by Max Kellerman.

nooo I hate Max. He's so fucking annoying to me too. XD

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

The way he says Skip lmao. "SKIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEUUUUUP."

Maybe I should greet you with "STIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUG."

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
okay on a sidenote seriously

can we just take a moment to say Baker Mayfield has just, the PERFECT energy to be the leader of the Cleveland Browns?

like his personality is just soooo fit. I love the match there actually. I hope he has some success dammit.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
also sport fun fact

.....I was originally a Miami Dolphins fan. they were my original team.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
#STAYINCLEMSON

Because I hate the Jets for what they did to Tim Tebow.

I was on the Tebow train take me down bitches. XD in seriousness I've hated them long before Tebow, it just added to my fuel. Rex Ryan was a dirty bitch and Sanchez was gross af. They thought Geno fucking Smith was a good idea. They have no idea what they're doing and its embarassing. At this point they should retire from being a football organization. They're a joke at best.

But also I genuinely like Trevor and want him to go somewhere GOOD...

- - - Updated - - -

nooo I hate Max. He's so fucking annoying to me too. XD

I hope the Giants or Patirots suck had enough and the Jets steal a game or two so he has a legitimate shot at a real franchise. The Giants are a good franchise going through a rebuild-- the jets are just a dumpster fire.