• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a feeling Deshaun is gonna lose his job. But who gonna take it?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

They signed Tyrod Taylor to presumably be their bridge quarterback until they find their longterm solution, which will probably be in the draft either in the lower rounds of this year's draft or from one of the picks from an eventual Deshaun Watson trade (he's gonna get traded some point after writing a gigantic check to stop the bleeding of his public perception). He'll probably end up on the commissioner's exempt list at some point before the season starts before being suspended. He'll be back, though, and if anyone thinks this is going to make teams afraid to trade for him after all his personal/legal trouble is gone, they're nuts.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They signed Tyrod Taylor to presumably be their bridge quarterback until they find their longterm solution, which will probably be in the draft either in the lower rounds of this year's draft or from one of the picks from an eventual Deshaun Watson trade (he's gonna get traded some point after writing a gigantic check to stop the bleeding of his public perception). He'll probably end up on the commissioner's exempt list at some point before the season starts before being suspended. He'll be back, though, and if anyone thinks this is going to make teams afraid to trade for him after all his personal/legal trouble is gone, they're nuts.

Oh it won't because it didn't stop Adrian Peterson or Hunt from going other places either, nevertheless still pretty gross and messy.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Yeah, Stig and I talked about this, and I hate to admit this was my first reaction, but I was suspicious about the timing of it. To be perfectly clear, even one accusation of sexual harassment or assault should be thoroughly investigated; that shouldn't be contingent on the volume of accusations or who's bringing forth the suit. My suspicions, though, stem from the fact the lawyer, Tony Buzbee, who filed the initial suit is basically a known crook in Houston and a close friend of Texans ownership, but a blusteringly smooth operator. But, just from a non-legal distance and with past patterns of how these things go, the sheer volume of accusations coming forward means there's likely something there. I just hope the details are filled in (primarily, of course, the element of consent), and the full extent of justice weighed. This isn't gonna affect his career, though, because that's just the way the NFL is.

Man...it sucks because I actually liked Deshaun a lot personally.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Stig and I talked about this, and I hate to admit this was my first reaction, but I was suspicious about the timing of it. To be perfectly clear, even one accusation of sexual harassment or assault should be thoroughly investigated; that shouldn't be contingent on the volume of accusations or who's bringing forth the suit. My suspicions, though, stem from the fact the lawyer, Tony Buzbee, who filed the initial suit is basically a known crook in Houston and a close friend of Texans ownership, but a blusteringly smooth operator. But, just from a non-legal distance and with past patterns of how these things go, the sheer volume of accusations coming forward means there's likely something there. I just hope the details are filled in (primarily, of course, the element of consent), and the full extent of justice weighed. This isn't gonna affect his career, though, because that's just the way the NFL is.

Man...it sucks because I actually liked Deshaun a lot personally.

Tony Buzbee won’t provide information regarding Deshaun Watson to Houston Police Department, after all

Another thing that is suspect is that Buzbee has yet to provide evidence to Houston Police that could lead to the opening of a criminal investigation for Watson's alleged crimes, yet has said several times that he would do so.

I'm waiting to reserve judgement, yet I believe there is smoke here. Best case scenario Deshaun is a horny rich dude who gets off on getting instagram models/prostitutes to perform sex acts on him while being massaged, which while it may shatter his good guy image, as long as both parties are consenting and the pretense of what was going to happen was known up front, really isn't that big of a deal. However, if he indeed force himself upon these women like what is being alleged, that's a totally different situation. Given how adamant he was about privacy and seeking NDAs, that seems more evidence of the former than the latter, which if we're gonna demonize him then that list of people we consider monsters is about to get real goddamn long (hell, what Robert Kraft did was really worse than that and he pretty much got caught red handed).

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haven't kept as abreast of the NFL offseason lately, but I'm loving Sammy Watkins on the Ravens. Great weapon for Lamar to throw to so he doesn't have to turn into an RB every time his guys can't get separation. He's only one guy, sure, but this is a good move for them.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
White Sox will be an interesting team to watch this season. Especially if their defense improves. I'm also fascinated to see how this young team gels with an old-school manager in Tony La Russa.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sports...

Sports
acac38a4b60767296621f3117b799c96.jpg

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mac Jones is the most underrated QB prospect in the draft. Change. My. Mind.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mac Jones is the most underrated QB prospect in the draft. Change. My. Mind.

What about Trey Lance? Mac Jones was at least a Heisman finalist and gained attention even as a backup last year.

Tomb1

Wow, what a score for the Chicago Bears...I've said before that Lawrence turns out to be a dud imo. If what I think is gonna happen happens there is gonna be a trail of regrets leading back to this draft.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
To Denver.

If Aaron Rodgers goes to Denver you can basically skip past the formality of a regular season and go ahead and give them the Lombardi. Definite darkest timeline territory there....

Wow, what a score for the Chicago Bears...I've said before that Lawrence turns out to be a dud imo. If what I think is gonna happen happens there is gonna be a trail of regrets leading back to this draft.

Mac Jones and Justin Fields are walking into the best situations out of all the newly drafted rookies. My bones tells me that when it is all said and done that Trevor Lawrence is going to end up being a bust.

Mole

Permabanned
Sport originated in Ancient Greece as a religious festival, and as less and less are attending Church, Sport has taken up the slack, and although not a registered religion, Sport carrie out many of the functions of religion.

And in the 19th century Britain recreated Sport, not as a religious festival, but to give the Working Class something to do after work and to avoid revolution. And we find many, but not all Sportspeople, when they speak, are semi-literate.