• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But I find jason whitlock and his whitlogues entertaining XD

I'm sorry, WHAT! Bro, come on...I know you have so much more potential than this.
[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] I'm flattered you refer to the NBA as "my league", but I assure you this isn't Adam Silver's burner account XD

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry, WHAT! Bro, come on...I know you have so much more potential than this.

[MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION] I'm flattered you refer to the NBA as "my league", but I assure you this isn't Adam Silver's burner account XD

LOL I was actually really butthurt when I wrote that. Please disregard.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hello, hello. Just hopping here briefly to say, God willing, Tompa Bay gets Stompa'd.

Somewhere in my house, there is always a tiny white hot ember burning with hate at Tom Brady. Usually it's almost unnoticeable.

Until someone read this...

Buccaneers' Tom Brady sends jersey to Washington's Chase Young - Tampa Bay Buccaneers Blog- ESPN

Yeah..

tumblr_inline_o5a7jbSZtO1tbsl8q_500.gifv

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
He just seems like such a cocky shitbird. He's the NFL equivalent of Christian Laettner.

I don't anticipate a rational explanation from a OSU alum when discussing TB but..

Why you hate Touchdown Tommy babe? <I can barely contain my laughter as I know what's coming>
Because the Patriots cheat. Everyone knows this.
He doesn't play for the Patriots no more.
:mad:
Ok but is it just as much because he went to
michigan_football_emoji.png
?
No.
Yes it is.
No
Yes
No
Come on...
Yes

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I fucking despise Aaron Rodgers I cannot convince myself to care now. Fuck Brady and Rodgers both and their goddamn egos.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I fucking despise Aaron Rodgers I cannot convince myself to care now. Fuck Brady and Rodgers both and their goddamn egos.

All I need from A-A-ron is to knock out Tompa Bay. After that, I don't care what happens. I'm now afraid of Buffalo beats KC and Tampa makes it to the Superbowl, they're going to have some sort of PTSD collapse at the sight of the AFC East boogie man coming to beat up on the poor little Buffalo Bills once again.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I need from A-A-ron is to knock out Tompa Bay. After that, I don't care what happens. I'm now afraid of Buffalo beats KC and Tampa makes it to the Superbowl, they're going to have some sort of PTSD collapse at the sight of the AFC East boogie man coming to beat up on the poor little Buffalo Bills once again.

if tom fucking brady wins a superbowl with that team that was basically bought I'm gonna be pissed. He really is not the GOAT. And I am so beyond sick of the shit that says he is.

I never thought I'd ever be rooting for Aaron fucking Rodgers.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
if tom fucking brady wins a superbowl with that team that was basically bought I'm gonna be pissed. He really is not the GOAT. And I am so beyond sick of the shit that says he is.

I never thought I'd ever be rooting for Aaron fucking Rodgers.

Dude, same. You thought the Capitol was bad (too soon, maybe?) -- I. WILL. BURN. THIS. MOTHER. FUCKER. DOWN.

(and by burn it down I just mean ignore sports shows/internet forums for awhile until it blows over. Seriously, you'll never ever hear the end of it from all the Brady stans out there. Ever. Never hear the end. They will gargle his deflated balls until the end of eternity. Please don't. I already lived through LeBron winning another ring -- I wouldn't be able to take that one....)

watch

And I am so beyond sick of the shit that says he is.

He's such a frontrunner -- when be beats teams, he wants to come out and shake hands and give insincere compliments about how good his opponent is and about what a rising star their quarterback is. When he loses he runs off the field and doesn't say anything.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude, same. You thought the Capitol was bad -- I. WILL. BURN. THIS. MOTHER. FUCKER. DOWN.

(and by burn it down I just mean ignore sports shows/internet forums for awhile until it blows over. Seriously, you'll never ever hear the end of it from all the Brady stans out there. Ever. Never hear the end. They will gargle his deflated balls until the end of eternity. Please don't. I already lived through LeBron winning another ring -- I wouldn't be able to take that one....)

watch

If this happens we need to start a sports podcast where we literally destroy tom brady's pathetic career built not on him but a well thought out system.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Haskins got picked up a lot quicker than I thought. Sheesh.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, it's a bit belated, but I'll just go ahead and talk about the James Harden trade.

First of all, we own Brooklyn's draft future. That's a W in and of itself.

Secondly, I will miss Harden and appreciate what he did for the franchise in his 8 seasons, even though he left in a really sour way. I think we reached our ceiling with him; it isn't like the Texans' FO deliberately trying to fuck with Watson's future (which, btw, I am very close to disassociating myself with that disgusting dumpster fire of a franchise; I'm now a Deshaun Watson fan, not a Texans fan). Only part I'm bitter about is we had battles with the Warriors for so many years, only for their arch-rival LeBron to end this run. Irony, amirite. This trade was necessary, even though I stand by my opinion Tilman Fertitta is an asshat and probably had something to do with his discontent and leaving. Which, btw, doesn't excuse his behavior in the last month with the franchise.

Thirdly, we are in for a GRUELING rebuild. But, there's an upside I can see to this. The Rockets, like the Lakers, are not exactly known as a hub of player development (basically, polar opposites with San Antonio and Toronto). Our flaws in that respect are more bared because we don't have 17 championships to our name lmao. But, we have a chance to change that. Stephen Silas is a development-oriented coach from his history, and I'm seeing some nice flashes of talent from some of our young guys like JaeSean Tate and Mason Jones. I don't know how much of a future we have with Wall, Oladipo, and Tucker, but if I were the front office, now is the time to tank for a good lottery pick in next year's draft (it's a toss-up, but we'll see), and trade 2 out of 3 in the combo of Wall/Dipo/Tuck for draft picks. In the meantime, focus on improving the confidence and skill-set of our young guys (perimeter shooting for Tate, defense for Jones, transition for Sterling Brown, etc.)

Fourth, DeMarcus Cousins is a shell of himself. We need another big man ASAP.

Fifth, Christian Wood is my guy.