• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That dude is a certified nutcase. It seems as if the Raiders have managed to keep him somewhat contained, but that dude is legitimately disturbed. The details of the Jonathan Martin deal are pretty shameful when you learn that none of the coaching staff really seemed to care.

Exactly. I didn't really want to condone that.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So, apparently, the Suns might actually try to trade for CP3. My first instinct was "What, hell no." But, then I realized all they really need to trade is Oubre and Rubio to get CP3. They still keep Booker/Ayton/Bridges alive (though I thought Oubre would be a core part of the Suns' future, tbh). To be completely honest, even with CP3's ability to develop young players, I'm uncertain if that gets them over the playoff hump in just a year. Then again, I said that about the rebuilding Thunder and they took my Rockets to 7 this year.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Incredibly excited to see this Titans-Colts matchup tonight.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This show has been my favorite, not just sports show but of any show. I listen/watch daily and have for years. Dan's a very decent guy so none of this suprised me but I wanted to share that there are still some really excellent bosses out there.

Dan Le Batard saves Chris Cote's job with ESPN; host to pay his salary and give raise | Sporting News

When he called out ESPN's so-called "no politics" policy last year; that was *chef's kiss*. But, I agree, Dan's a great guy for this and just all-around.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
When he called out ESPN's so-called "no politics" policy last year; that was *chef's kiss*. But, I agree, Dan's a great guy for this and just all-around.

Dan's show breaks the mold of traditional shows (in a good way), and he managed to inject a lot of himself and his culture into it that gives it a unique flair. That said, Dan has definitely put his career on the limb several times to speak out and stand up for what's right, and I appreciate that about him. We need more of that versus some of these other shills who are too afraid of being controversial, thus enabling bad behavior with their silence.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Speaking of Dan Le Batard, are the Miami Dolphins for real? Is Tua for real? They had a comeback win versus Arizona the other day and Arizona seems to be a solid upper-middle of the pack team right now that can easily upset one of the top contenders. The AFC east is wide open without Brady.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just looked at the remainder of the Jets schedule -- 0-17 (is this the start of the 17 game seasons?) seems very realistic. They've got the Seahawks, the Raiders, Seahawks, Rams and Cleveland. I can't see them win any of those games. Their only hope is that they also play the Chargers and the Patriots. Seriously, Trevor. Don't go to the Jets. Whatever you do, find some way to NOT go to the Jets. I'm not sure Jaguar is that much better of a destination, but their organization seems much more competent and Shad Khan seems much better about keeping coaches and personelle around. I think if somehow he can make it to the Giants, who are also really bad but are an overall good organization, that would be his best case scenario.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Speaking of Dan Le Batard, are the Miami Dolphins for real? Is Tua for real? They had a comeback win versus Arizona the other day and Arizona seems to be a solid upper-middle of the pack team right now that can easily upset one of the top contenders. The AFC east is wide open without Brady.

Mahomes on a bye-week this week means I have Tua as my backup QB in fantasy. I'm excited to see what he does, my only concern is that he manages to stay healthy.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just looked at the remainder of the Jets schedule -- 0-17 (is this the start of the 17 game seasons?) seems very realistic. They've got the Seahawks, the Raiders, Seahawks, Rams and Cleveland. I can't see them win any of those games. Their only hope is that they also play the Chargers and the Patriots. Seriously, Trevor. Don't go to the Jets. Whatever you do, find some way to NOT go to the Jets. I'm not sure Jaguar is that much better of a destination, but their organization seems much more competent and Shad Khan seems much better about keeping coaches and personelle around. I think if somehow he can make it to the Giants, who are also really bad but are an overall good organization, that would be his best case scenario.
Trevor no jets
NOOOO TO THE JETSSSS

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Tomb1

Cam Newton needs to get it done tonight. Patriots haven't missed the playoffs since 2008.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cam Newton needs to get it done tonight. Patriots haven't missed the playoffs since 2008.

Have you seen who he has to throw to? You can't put the Patriot's failures on him. All of us who have posted in this thread thus far have legitimate shots of making the Patriots depth cart at receiver/tight-end. Even Belichick has admitted publicly that this is pretty much a rebuild year/sorting out their salary cap. They've also been hit the hardest by players opting out of the season due to covid-19.

Tomb1

that was a helluva rainstorm ravens had to play around from behind...nice touchdown play at the end of the second quarter from Newton to Myers to Burklehead

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems James Harden is on the verge of becoming a Brooklyn Net. At least the expectations for my Rockets are nonexistent if/when this happens. We just better get a shit ton of first-round picks, considering what Milwaukee is about to give up for Jrue Holiday.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The NFC West is the best damn division in football right now. That is all.

(Obligatory, "I miss you, DeAndre, please come back.")

Whoever comes 4th in the NFC West will deserve to make the playoffs infinitely more than the sorry state of misery that is the Philadelphia Eagles right now.