• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Trek thoughts

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so did Wheaton not actually watch TNG or DS9? Let's give credit where credit is due, is all I'm saying.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
so did Wheaton not actually watch TNG or DS9? Let's give credit where credit is due, is all I'm saying.

i actually saw a good Wesley episode the other day. It was the one where he fell in love with the shapeshifter (without realizing she was a shapeshifter). I think it worked because it let him be vulnerable instead of just better at everything than everyone else around him.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i actually saw a good Wesley episode the other day. It was the one where he fell in love with the shapeshifter (without realizing she was a shapeshifter). I think it worked because it let him be vulnerable instead of just better at everything than everyone else around him.

I liked Wesley after season 1. most of the complaints about him being a boy wonder who always saves the day are applicable to season 1. they actually gave him an arc and explored him as a flawed young teen coming of age in the later seasons. I think a lot of the hate directed at the character is an overreaction and is based more on an idea of what the character was than the actual character.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what I can't get over about the newer trek shows is how snarky and mean-spirited the characters are to one another on a regular basis. I think tension and conflict make for good drama, but this isn't tension and conflict, it's just people acting like unprofessional shits to one another. They act like a bunch of miserable, self-loathing bullies on Discovery. Also, the contempt and disregard for lower ranking officers is especially sad.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I liked Wesley after season 1. most of the complaints about him being a boy wonder who always saves the day are applicable to season 1. they actually gave him an arc and explored him as a flawed young teen coming of age in the later seasons. I think a lot of the hate directed at the character is an overreaction and is based more on an idea of what the character was than the actual character.

Yeah, I haven't seen him save the day while all the adults are too stupid to know what's going on since season 1.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
youtube movies currently has the DS9 Documentary streaming for free (with ads).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
during the opening credits for star trek III, there is a delay between the credits for Shatner and DeForest Kelley, where Nimoy's name normally would have appeared. I like that they delayed it, making the audience wonder if Nimoy's name was going to appear.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
during the opening credits for star trek III, there is a delay between the credits for Shatner and DeForest Kelley, where Nimoy's name normally would have appeared. I like that they delayed it, making the audience wonder if Nimoy's name was going to appear.

I dunno, the movie is called Search for Spock. I'd say there's a good bet they find him at some point.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
watching star trek V and I'm pretty certain some of the corridor scenes were just using existing TNG corridor sets, which would have been filming at the same time.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
also, the editing in the rocket booster boot scene is terrible. they pass the same deck number twice, plus there is no way there are over 70 decks on a constitution class ship. If I recall, it's 20 some decks. even the larger galaxy class didn't have that many decks.