First 6141516

Armchair Explorer Doctor Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Cut dialogue from STII. I had no idea that the producers had intended for Sulu to get his own command as early as this in the series, and knowing this makes it clearer why Takei may have been butthurt about not getting a captaincy until part VI. Knowing he was up for command, it makes it clear just how much he gave up in part III to help Kirk and McCoy. I have to wonder if his involvement in stealing the Enterprise and assaulting Starfleet security officers didn’t play some role in Starfleet Command delaying his promotion several years. I’d also like to imagine alternate scenarios in the film series where he became a Captain much sooner.

MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think there are three main timelines in Star Trek. Prime, Kelvin and Disco. Prime is everything seen from TOS to Nemesis. Disco universe timeline is set motion in First Contact, a split off from the prime due to the Enterprise E traveling back to the mid 21st century. The series Enterprise, Discovery and possibly Picard are set in this timeline. The Kelvin timeline is a branch off from the Enterprise/Discovery timeline resulting from the events seen in the first scene of JJverse Trek.

To put it in nonlinear terms: the events of First Contact in 2063 result in a branch off timeline where we see the events of Enterprise and Discovery. In 2033 Discovery timeline, the events of Star Trek ‘09 cause a further branch off timeline where the Kelvin movies occur. All fingers point back to First Contact.

Although it occurred to me there may in fact be 4 timelines if we consider the events of Star Trek IV.

I do not mean there are only three (or four) timelines in the ST universe, because the TNG episode “Parallels” establishes there are countless parallel lines. I mean that all of the various series and films can be pegged into one of these three or four timelines (with the exception of the occasional episode like Yesterday’s Enterprise)

I have a separate theory on the mirror universe but will get into that at another time

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Right now I wish I could put on a soft, fuzzy onesie, curl up next to Mr. Spock and have him tell me logical things.
    I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Anaximander View Post
    I think there are three main timelines in Star Trek. Prime, Kelvin and Disco. Prime is everything seen from TOS to Nemesis. Disco universe timeline is set motion in First Contact, a split off from the prime due to the Enterprise E traveling back to the mid 21st century. The series Enterprise, Discovery and possibly Picard are set in this timeline. The Kelvin timeline is a branch off from the Enterprise/Discovery timeline resulting from the events seen in the first scene of JJverse Trek.

To put it in nonlinear terms: the events of First Contact in 2063 result in a branch off timeline where we see the events of Enterprise and Discovery. In 2033 Discovery timeline, the events of Star Trek ‘09 cause a further branch off timeline where the Kelvin movies occur. All fingers point back to First Contact.

Although it occurred to me there may in fact be 4 timelines if we consider the events of Star Trek IV.

I do not mean there are only three (or four) timelines in the ST universe, because the TNG episode “Parallels” establishes there are countless parallel lines. I mean that all of the various series and films can be pegged into one of these three or four timelines (with the exception of the occasional episode like Yesterday’s Enterprise)

I have a separate theory on the mirror universe but will get into that at another time
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

Likes Doctor Anaximander liked this post

MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

I think every timeline has its own mirror universe. Sort of like an upside down as established in Stranger Things, except instead of being populated by lovecraftian horrors, they are populated by nearly identical people and societies somehow morally and/or ideologically opposite to their counterparts in the “normal timelines”.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Anaximander View Post
    I think every timeline has its own mirror universe. Sort of like an upside down as established in Stranger Things, except instead of being populated by lovecraftian horrors, they are populated by nearly identical people and societies somehow morally and/or ideologically opposite to their counterparts in the “normal timelines”.
    Ive always just figured we lived in the mirror universe....
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

MBTI
    TiSi
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Ive always just figured we lived in the mirror universe....