• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Music Thoughts Thread

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Neil Young is an underrated guitarist. A lot of guitar guys knock him. Granted, he's not the most technically skilled player, but he had a unique and aggressive style I found distinctive. I'm probably biased as I've never been a great guitarist myself (I'm a "strummer") and so I appreciate the players who made up for lack of technical skill with feeling and raw power. Nothing wrong with playing a solo on one string.

I don't like him because his last name is young but he's actually really old now.

Sorry, I'll see myself out.

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody who still posts here like Neutral Milk Hotel?

Jaguar

I think think this could be played from loud speakers to torture terrorists, domestic and foreign.

Jaguar

I'm on hold asking this kid to check what Sting CDs he has in stock and he says, "Sting was in The Police, right?" I burst out laughing in the phone. :D

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I learned of his artist and this song just a couple weeks ago. This was recorded in 1985 and it's just as relevant in 2021.
She is my new feminist hero.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always wondered what tapes Han and Chewie had in the Falcon

Haha.... oh wow, they may have had this. Not sure about the canonical status of this song, I admit. This is a lot better than the version with the pink dildo lightsaber microphone we saw, though. Then again, the audio quality is crap, anyway....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha.... oh wow, they may have had this. Not sure about the canonical status of this song, I admit. This is a lot better than the version with the pink dildo lightsaber microphone we saw, though. Then again, the audio quality is crap, anyway....

I wonder if he had Max Rebo’s 16 Golden Greats on eight track

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anybody like post-rock?

Post-rock on its own tends to be too slow and chill for me, but I do like it when it has metal elements, or even better, goes into screamo/post-metal territory.

Maybeshewill, If These Trees Could Talk, Mono, and Russian Circles have some good tracks and albums.

However, I'm more into Envy and Irepress. Might link tracks later when I'm on desktop.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anybody like post-rock?

Sometimes. I have to be in the right mood, though. It tends to all have the same "feel", so if I need something energetic and bright, I'll go elsewhere. But Godspeed and the like are good to check out on occasion.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess Sigur Ro is considered post-rock, but the emotional tone is different; it's much warmer.

In all seriousness, I feel like this is largely an Si way to look at music. It's mostly foreign to me.

What do you mean? Using genres?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I guess Sigur Ro is considered post-rock, but the emotional tone is different; it's much warmer.

What do you mean? Using genres?

I mean, genres is one thing, but all these nuanced sub-genres? I guess I just don't narrow down that far. I mostly go by "feel", which is genre-y but not that specific.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean, genres is one thing, but all these nuanced sub-genres? I guess I just don't narrow down that far. I mostly go by "feel", which is genre-y but not that specific.

I guess for me when you're trying to narrow down a specific sort of sound, sub-genres are helpful. Music often doesn't stay narrowly within the parameters of a singular genre, though.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

How do you feel about the ska groove of No Doubt or the punk attitude of Green Day?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

This makes me want to do a montage and get really good at something. I guess I'll go with tiddlywinks.