• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Music Thoughts Thread

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

You ever listen to an album you haven't heard in ages, only to re-remember just how and why it's so good? Having that right now.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Why are they being interviewed by Garrett from Community?

What can be more aughts than having a vinyl record for a talk show host screened for anthrax? We need to go back to that /sarcasm. Amazing that all the people who eagerly went along with all that shit flipped out at the prospect of masks/vaccines.

Last edited:

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it weird that I have almost no inclination to go to concerts? Like, conceptually, the whole thing just sounds weird to me. For me, music is too intimate to be simply shared -- it's a private experience in which provides a backdrop to filter through my emotions in a way that may not produce itself organically. For instance, I've learned that, for me, it's almost never a good idea to share my music tastes with someone because if, for instance, they don't see what I see, or aren't really interested, it's too irrationally devastating -- it's like I've peeled my orange peel layers back and shown you my squishy innards, and the notion of rejection is too much to bear.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Is it weird that I have almost no inclination to go to concerts? Like, conceptually, the whole thing just sounds weird to me. For me, music is too intimate to be simply shared -- it's a private experience in which provides a backdrop to filter through my emotions in a way that may not produce itself organically. For instance, I've learned that, for me, it's almost never a good idea to share my music tastes with someone because if, for instance, they don't see what I see, or aren't really interested, it's too irrationally devastating -- it's like I've peeled my orange peel layers back and shown you my squishy innards, and the notion of rejection is too much to bear.
I've been to a few concerts with friends. It was a little boring, I think because I didn't know the bands very well.

The Jack White concert I went to I enjoyed much more, or would have, were it not for the person who spent the concert texting his idiot girlfriend or whoever. (He also had the temerity to get upset because I dared move away from him.) Jack is right to try to not let people use those things at his shows; naturally I sit behind next to the one guy who got around it. (You're supposed to put your phone in a wallet that is unlocked after the show).

I know what you mean about sharing music tastes; I like certain bands that many people love to hate on. I feel strongly about some of their music that if somebody were to trash them, it would absolutely feel like trashing me. I suppose IDGAF at this point. Also, sometimes a song expresses what I'm feeling or thinking better than words ever could.

Aside:

I think some people might roll their eyes because some of these groups I like have lyrics referencing things like God, Jesus, or the Bible. I don't feel like they're trying to evangelize or convert people, but express extremely intense feelings or human longing or even feeling "set up" by the world they live in. When somebody mentions something like that in a song, there are so many things it could mean.

People take this stuff too literally. Do these people freak out when they go into an art museum and see anything before the 17th century?

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always thought this was just a nice love song:

Turns out it was about a nuclear apocalypse the whole time! I can't believe I missed it.