• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Wars Thoughts

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyway, the whole face change because of lightning rubbish was stupid. I always had assumed Palpatine had the power to project a kindly, benevolent figure (sort of like he does via hologram in Rebels), and that the evil face seen in Return of the Jedi was just him not bothering to hide his true face anymore. One aspect of the old EU I liked was the explanation that his decrepit appearance was simply a result of overexposure to the darkside.

Yeah, that was really dumb. I did not need to see that explained in the movie; I never spent sleepless nights wondering why he looked so different in ROTJ. I just assumed that his continued use of the darkside rotted his body over time, which makes more sense. We never see Force lightning do that to anyone else at any point.

I really like this deleted scene and would like it put back in the movie somehow

There's a few scenes from ROTJ I think I'd like put back in.

I like the Biggs Scenes in ANH but I think it was probably better for the pacing to leave them out, and I think it is more interesting to have the droids really introduce you to this world, as opposed to doing something more conventional and introducing the protagonist earlier.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, that was really dumb. I did not need to see that explained in the movie; I never spent sleepless nights wondering why he looked so different in ROTJ. I just assumed that his continued use of the darkside rotted his body over time, which makes more sense. We never see Force lightning do that to anyone else at any point.

I really like this deleted scene and would like it put back in the movie somehow

There's a few scenes from ROTJ I think I'd like put back in.

I like the Biggs Scenes in ANH but I think it was probably better for the pacing to leave them out, and I think it is more interesting to have the droids really introduce you to this world, as opposed to doing something more conventional and introducing the protagonist earlier.

The Biggs scene feels like it's from a different type of movie. My dad had a copy of the Art of Star Wars back in the day and that scene (as well as the Jabba scene) were both included in the screenplay published in the book. Even then when I the Anchorhead scene with Biggs felt like it ruined the flow of Act 1, adding unnecessary backstory and exposition, when we already learn everything here in other scenes.

I think the movies that would benefit the most from an extended cut including chopped scenes would be episode 2 and 3. There are some good cut parts, like a scene with Mace Windu actually showing a sense of concern for Anakin (the movies and TCW seem to portray Mace as being a real jerk and not caring about Anakin), as well as that scene showing the senators meeting to discuss Palpatine in episode 3--laying the seeds of rebellion. Some of the scenes cut from the prequels make no sense to me, like they were just cut to keep the movies at optimal length. And I know there's plenty of sequel trilogy cut scenes that would probably be better added back in.

I would love to see extended editions released similar to how they did for Jackson's LOTR.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Biggs scene feels like it's from a different type of movie. My dad had a copy of the Art of Star Wars back in the day and that scene (as well as the Jabba scene) were both included in the screenplay published in the book. Even then when I the Anchorhead scene with Biggs felt like it ruined the flow of Act 1, adding unnecessary backstory and exposition, when we already learn everything here in other scenes.

I think the movies that would benefit the most from an extended cut including chopped scenes would be episode 2 and 3. There are some good cut parts, like a scene with Mace Windu actually showing a sense of concern for Anakin (the movies and TCW seem to portray Mace as being a real jerk and not caring about Anakin), as well as that scene showing the senators meeting to discuss Palpatine in episode 3--laying the seeds of rebellion. Some of the scenes cut from the prequels make no sense to me, like they were just cut to keep the movies at optimal length. And I know there's plenty of sequel trilogy cut scenes that would probably be better added back in.

I would love to see extended editions released similar to how they did for Jackson's LOTR.

I also like most of these... especially the B-Wing pilots. The exception would be the granny A-wing pilot... she's not a great actress, at least not in this. Oh, and there's the fallback stuff with the fake beard guy (evidently the reason he has a fake beard is because his action figure had a beard, lol) they shot in case they couldn't get Ackbar to work... that I don't need.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also like most of these... especially the B-Wing pilots. The exception would be the granny A-wing pilot... she's not a great actress, at least not in this. Oh, and there's the fallback stuff with the fake beard guy (evidently the reason he has a fake beard is because his action figure had a beard, lol) they shot in case they couldn't get Ackbar to work... that I don't need.

I kinda like the grandma and feels like she deserves an extended backstory (knowing the old EU, I’m sure she probably already had an extensive backstory at some point).

I’m intrigued, like is she some old retired pilot from The Clone Wars recruited to fight for the rebels?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also I never realized General Madine had a shitty fake beard. I won’t be able to unsee this when I watch the movie now

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This led me down the rabbit hole of looking up why the General Madine figure had to be bearded. I haven't found an exact answer yet, but looking at close up photos of the original Kenner action figure, it looks like they may have just repurposed an old Obi-Wan Kenobie head mold. The action figure's beard is grey and bushier, versus Madine's (fake) beard, which appears to be closely trimmed and a reddish color with just spots of grey.

Reuse of old molds isn't uncommon with toy companies (even today I've seen new NECA ultimates where it's clear they've reused or slightly modified molds from older figures), so my guess is that someone at Kenner figured it was a figure for an obscure bit part character and that most kids wouldn't be that eagle eyed or even care that much, so why not repurpose the old Obi Wan head mold? It's a close enough fit, though they could've probably made his hair and beard a touch less grey.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is a relatively rare figure, not necessarily in the availability, but in the sense that only 2 action figures appear to have been designed, one for the original 1983 Kenner release and another designed and released by Hasbro ca. 2004.

Usually it's to be expected most SW bit characters will be released in multiple versions.

they do appear to have replicated his film appearance a lot more closely with the later Hasbro figure, so perhaps they figured it was pointless to design yet another mold when the second figure comes pretty close to looking screen accurate and overall features greater detail than the original kenner version.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also I never realized General Madine had a shitty fake beard. I won’t be able to unsee this when I watch the movie now

I mean, it's easier to see in the deleted scenes because in the finished film he's only in one scene and I don't think really gets an extended close-up.

This led me down the rabbit hole of looking up why the General Madine figure had to be bearded. I haven't found an exact answer yet, but looking at close up photos of the original Kenner action figure, it looks like they may have just repurposed an old Obi-Wan Kenobie head mold. The action figure's beard is grey and bushier, versus Madine's (fake) beard, which appears to be closely trimmed and a reddish color with just spots of grey.

Reuse of old molds isn't uncommon with toy companies (even today I've seen new NECA ultimates where it's clear they've reused or slightly modified molds from older figures), so my guess is that someone at Kenner figured it was a figure for an obscure bit part character and that most kids wouldn't be that eagle eyed or even care that much, so why not repurpose the old Obi Wan head mold? It's a close enough fit, though they could've probably made his hair and beard a touch less grey.

Excellent detective work. That's a rabbit hole even I didn't go down.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean, it's easier to see in the deleted scenes because in the finished film he's only in one scene and I don't think really gets an extended close-up.

Excellent detective work. That's a rabbit hole even I didn't go down.

I’ve now found there were apparently 3 different Madine head mold variants. Or at least it looks like slightly different paint jobs:

madinecomparison1.JPG

Star Wars Vintage action figure variation guide : General Madine

However, after looking at close ups of the Ben figure, I’m not so sure they reused that head now.

benwhitehairnocoofront.JPG

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The beards on all of them look more realistic than the one in the movie.

Yeah, that’s the funniest part of this.

I wonder why that decision was made. Was it written somewhere in the script that he was supposed to be a bearded older guy? Why not just bring back Dodonna if they needed an old bearded dude? The figure makes him look 70 but the actor looked much younger. Was it originally supposed to be a different actor, and Kenner had already made a head mold based on the first actor? I’d assume Kenner would have had a picture of the character to base the mold from, unless they just took a wild guess and decided “what the hell, let‘s give him a beard!”

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For some reason it fits really well that Darth Sidious is playing the piano.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seriously, the force ghost scene with Luke is the actual assassination of his character.

Chris Terrio should not be permitted to write another movie again.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I swear Stormtroopers must be the butt of all jokes... the same way Trump’s most loyal fanbase is.

#sorrynotsorry :2ar15:

Lark

I think there were a series of monastic settlements of these guys who where like the monk in the Star Wars prequel in which they steal the plans for the death star which featured in the mythos and could channel the force for martial arts purposes.

I'm sure there could be a series created out of that which would be like the Mandolorian

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, the thing about that is that it seems to be fairly easy for her to make those eggs. The species seems to follow real-world frogs that produces a lot of eggs in the expecattion that most of them won't survive.

I gotcha. Just highly amused by the title. People get triggered far too easily.