• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Metal Music Appreciation Thread \m/

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For lovers of metal. Post your favorite bands, songs, metal genres, etc. Anything you want. Personally I prefer gothic, doom (especially funeral doom), melodic, and folk metal.

Some bands I absolutely love:

Black Sun

So glad to see this thread! I need more music recs.
Trying to start off with the classics. Love this Metallica song.
Getting into Agalloch too (folk metal)
Septic Flesh (death metal)

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So glad to see this thread! I need more music recs.
Trying to start off with the classics. Love this Metallica song.
Getting into Agalloch too (folk metal)
Septic Flesh (death metal)

So glad you like it! I'm always looking for new bands to listen to.

Oh my, Agalloch! They're great! So sad they broke up.... :(

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Swallow The Sun is amazing too. <3

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Trees of Eternity is one of my top bands, and Aleah's voice, writing, and depth are astounding--the best of the best. I read some of her thoughts on life and philosophy which she posted on Facebook before her death, and they were even more amazing than her music. Part of humanity died, and will die, with her death.

Unleash the Archers

I recently started listening to Beyond the Black, and I like a few of their songs...

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION] Oh my gosh. Trees of Eternity is one of my top favorite bands as well. I listen to them all the time. Aleah's voice is so hauntingly beautiful. What a huge loss.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Mastodon dropped a new track. It's pretty good. Also, Pallbearer has a new single out from a their forthcoming album due in October. Otherwise, not typically a huge prog metal fan but I'm really enjoying the new Haken album.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Got dang it I love this band! A new single from Pallbearer dropped today. It’s from their forthcoming album due mid October! These guys are true artists.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I guess deftones fits under the greater metal genre umbrella. Here's a new track music video that premiers in 2 hours (I listened to a leaked version of the song earlier and it's quite tasty). First single from the new album out September 25th. Wasn't huge into the last album "Gore" but loved the two albums before it quite a lot.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Well that deftones music video sure exceeded my expectations.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
This band's vocalist passed away today at the age of 35. I'm only hearing good things about the guy. RIP dude :(

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Also the new Deftones single kicks buns. Don't really consider them a metal band but I'm not gonna go to another thread just to post this.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I need the pandemic to lift so I can see these guys live again.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=71]JAVO[/MENTION] I was wondering this today-- what type do you think Aleah was? Since I relate to her in certain aspects, I want to say introverted feeler, but I could be wrong.