• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm regretting my decision to have my main Alliance side. I have a full set of level 50 Horde characters, plus everyone I usually play with is on Horde side.
[MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION]

Rogues aren't topping any meters, and haven't been for some time now. Kinda hard to justify bringing them nowadays in raids (they still have good viability in mythics for their utility).

Demon Hunters don't seem nearly as uber OP as they did even I. BFA. I HATE healing them in higher level Mythic keys as tanks because they're squishy as hell, yet I see so many of them.

I'm very interested to see what class balance changes will be coming in the upcoming patch. Rogues need major pve TLC. I'd like BM for Hunters to at least be somewhat competitive again. Arcane probably needs love, too. Fury Warriors as well need some help (they did last expansion as well towards the end).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, another weekend of Timewalking -- BC this time. I don't usually see then back to back, and there's also a battleground skirmish. iLVL 200 items available!

Hippogriff hatching is today in Feralas, but I don't think you can get anything from the event other than five days of a hatching on your shoulder.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, here's a semi-big deal:

To complete the Awake the Drakes achievement from TBC, you need the Purple Netherwing Drake, which you can get when you hit Exalted for the Netherwing Clan rep down in the SE corner of Shadowmoon Valley.

normally this is a chore, grinding rep. I did grind this, once, and it was tedious.

But this week is the Timewalking Event (TBC), which only comes along every 5-6 months, so you get 50% extra rep for any quests/dungeons you do, etc.

Now, this is the "big deal" part -- there's an 8-quest introduction to get access to Netherwing, that takes about 30 minutes to do if you're on a current-level character. When you complete it, the game immediately gives you 42K of reputation to bring you to NEUTRAL, which still leaves a grind through Exalted. At least that is how it normally works.

Except for this week only. You get 50% rep bonus. Which means the game dings you with 63K rep instead (21K free rep!), which instead of positioning you at Neutral and needing to do all the rep grind, you start at Revered. (3K to hit Friendly, 6K to hit Honored, 12K to hit Revered = 21K, yup). Which leaves "just" 21K to hit Exalted. I know to be true... because I just did it... and couldn't figure out why, and then I realized because of how they programmed it (it's 'giving you rep'), it is inadvertently picking up the 21K bonus.

Even the 21K grind this week is pretty easy. Considering that I just did all the dailies possible for this tonight and already am hitting about 9K (because you're getting 50% bonus rep on every TBC quest)... I should hit exalted by the weekend.

The first quest to open this is "Kindness" and it's granted by a wandering blood elf in the SE corner of Shadowmoon Valley, in the plains to the NW of Dragonmaw Keep. Even if you don't feel like completing from Revered to Exalted, it's worth it for 21K free rep just to do the 30-40 min eight-quest chain, if you want to complete this in the future.

it's probably worth seeing what reps exist in Wow where you are granted a huge "rep up" bonus to bring you to neutral, and then complete that chain during a TW week if you haven't already done it. That is a huge time savings for rep grinds.

Timewalking again already?? :shock:

Yeah, I am wondering if they gave us a freebie to tie into the announcement of TBC Classic rolling out...

I did one dungeon on my shadow priest and it ended up being Black Morass. Meh. I did kick butt for DPS once I got my sequences down, but that is such a tedious dungeon.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I'm just over here raiding Naxx for the 20th week in a row.

I don't even need anymore loot. I got my Hammer of The Twisting Nether from KT. It's just compulsory at this point, haha.

Save me from the addiction.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I don't even need anymore loot. I got my Hammer of The Twisting Nether from KT. It's just compulsory at this point, haha.

awww....

Just tell me: Does Denathurus or whatever his name is get what is coming to him? (I only did the first triad of bosses repeatedly, to get loot, but I haven't really needed to do the others. And I'm getting xmog loot from special events like TW.)

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
awww....

Just tell me: Does Denathurus or whatever his name is get what is coming to him? (I only did the first triad of bosses repeatedly, to get loot, but I haven't really needed to do the others. And I'm getting xmog loot from special events like TW.)

That sounds like something they added post-classic. I'm not familiar.

I'm just grinding away at classic 15 years later. I don't play retail.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sounds like something they added post-classic. I'm not familiar.

I'm just grinding away at classic 15 years later. I don't play retail.

HHAHAHAHA! My bad. You're right, I read Naxx as Nath. (The fully released raid in SL is Castle Nathria. Which is the one i've only played a wing of.)

I never did Naxxramas during original release, just for xmog runs a lot later...

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am now of the opinion that BlizzCon needs a rave room. The stank will be incredible, and it will be the greatest and probably the most awkward costume party of all time. Lots of /flirt lines.

I can practically smell the BO and cheetos powder from here. Is that snowing falling in July??? Nope, Just dandruff.

Are you going to migrate over to Burning Crusade, or do you just plan on sticking around in the matrix of Classic, eating hologram steaks?

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can practically smell the BO and cheetos powder from here. Is that snowing falling in July??? Nope, Just dandruff.

Drench me in Mountain Dew, baby. Do I want to eat Cheetos from your beard for 1g? Yes.

source.gif

Speaking of, is there going to be a TypoC leveling party in BC? Because I'm down to boost on another server.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sitting at 99 Exalted reps. Probably won't get anymore though until SL releases the "Nazjatar" of this release; the last one I got was grinding Ogri'la in TBC, and the few that are left include the four goblin factions from Classic (which means killing lots and lots of pirates) or grinding Ravenhold which means grinding Syndicate, then lifting 1000+ chests from one of the Classic dungeons with my rogue, then passing them to my pally. Is it worth the grind? Probably not, it's mind-numbing. I can only grind about 200-300 rep at a time (since it's typically only 5 rep a kill), it just gets monotonous.

Sitting at 357 mounts, now heading for the 400 mounts awards. I have about 7-8 I can get just by putting in the time to earn, another 5-10 that are just a matter of RNG the boss drops in old content, and a number I could purchase if i want to spend lots of gold. Eh. Whatever. I did manage to get the two mounts I wanted from earned chests in Legion -- the green unicorn (dawntreader?) and now the hippogryphy (dropped from Farondis chest). I would like the dragon from Valarjar and the carpet from Suramar, I'm kind of indifferent to the moose from Highmountain. There are still four mounts I do the Assault rotation for from BFA -- the two mogu dog mounts in Vale and Corpse Eater and Rotwhatever in Uldir.

Leveled my Horde rogue and was gearing her, she's around up to the high 160's - I got a trinket on the TW (Draenor) run this week, not bothering with others because my gear is already up to 190-200 on all of them. The TW content is pretty easy if you know the dungeons; the problems come when everyone is new and doesn't know a particular mechanic.

FInished two of the campaign stories (Revendreth and Night Fae), close to finishing Maldraxxus. I haven't really taken anyone through Bastion. But I'm kind of petering out and starting to drift back to old content.

I think Torghast is generally a wash just because of the inconsistency of the randomization. THey tried to improve this by adding an item level to the floor designations now (So you can better weigh if you can survive the floor), but it's too much of a time sink with too much random. Case in point, I ran Level 3 on Mort (so it was supposed to be level I160) as a i200 character, and the first floor or two were still awful. If I had been i160, who knows? I remember trying to run it and having the same issues -- you can get floors that are easy-peasy, then you just get slammed with something impossible for your spec or iLvl. Twisting Corridors is even worse because it's 8 levels of 18 floors each. The one time I tried a Level 1 one, I got to floor 16 and then got slammed by something I couldn't get through, the floor was so difficult. At that point you're looking at a 90-120 min investment ruined by random floor generation. Since I'm i200 now, I might give it another shot... but not feeling super-inclined.

Am enjoying at least Darkmoon Faire stuff I never bothered with before, there were some side quests and intricacies of the games I hadn't picked up on. I had solved them all except the Turtle one, and now I feel dumb because the winning method was simple -- figure out where the middle point is and toss your ring there right as the turtle turns around on his current path. Doesn't fail. Figuring out the easiest way to get to 1000 tickets for the Blimp mount, and then that is that aside from some xmog gear there.

Apparently Blizz really did bork the Ice Citadel lockout trick (purposefully or accidentally) shortly before the SL release. You used to be able to get a lockout on one character, then run all of your other characters through LIch King to try for the Invincible drop. THat one was touchy, you had to clear it in Normal, then switch to Heroic after your alt took over as group leader once you were inside the raid. But it no longer allows you to change your Raid setting inside the raid, so... now if you want to farm the mount, you have to do a 30-min raid run even at iLevel 150-200. Annoying. The thing is, Blizz built in unlocks in later releases that just officiate this -- you can earn an unlock after four successful completions in its other big raids (like Nighthold). This was just the unorthodox way to do the same thing. I probably did 150 runs against Lich King over some months before the functionality got borked, now it's just a "meh, am I bored and have some free time?"

I have been spending more time watching films/TV shows now and getting back to writing.

EDIT: Well, hey, look at that -- Corpse Eater dropped the Malevolent Drone last night. 'bout time. So now it's down to Ahn-de the Loyal, Houndmaster Ren, and Rotfeaster farms.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Surprise, bitches!

Over the weekend, players found out that Pelagos' Let Go of the Past Trait was actually increasing magic damage taken by 3%. A hotfix has now been pushed to live servers which makes the trait correctly reduce magic damage taken. This will result in about 6.2% less magic damage for those who used the trait.

Also you can solo queue for BFA raids (LFG) as with other expansions. I don't think it is worth it yet. I tried the very first boss on my i200 Ret Pally and took it down in about 5-7 minutes (?). Which is a bit tedious. But then in the Mother fight, I didn't know the mechanics, despite reading the in-game overviews, and eventually got flash-fried since I couldn't get her down fast enough... so that was a waste of five minutes. I'll probably have to watch videos on the raids, to learn the mechanics, like I did with the first wing of Nathria, before bothering -- but right now even i200 on a decent DPS class isn't getting me through.

I also tried to run Mythic King's Rest dungeon (BFA) and the Embalmer fight mechanic is not conducive to solo. I could take out the two statues fast enough before they tossed me into a tomb, but the boss just can't be burned down fast enough -- and once you get tossed into a tomb (the rest of the party is supposed to release the trapped person), the boss resets after 10 seconds without aggro. From what I can see, only hunters have a way around this since they can let their pets finish the boss. I think a two-person team could clear that on Mythic pretty easily; the fights were a little long and pressed me at times, soloing at i200, but two people could avoid the mechanics and finish the run in a quicker time-frame.

---

The guild leader for the guild my priest is in seems serious about putting together a raid group and I was promoted to admin. I will help as I can. He seems nice, and I would rather have people to play with, because otherwise I haven't been playing as much. I just don't know if I can commit to a consistent raiding run twice a week, I'm already busy two nights.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm rolling an Undead Rogue for TBC Classic. In a weird way I am a little excited about TBC whereas I had no care to play classic.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this was a good past week or two for mounts for me, I ended up getting about four Legion mounts on random drops / faction chests plus two of the mounts I was trying to get from BFA Nzoth Assaults (so there's just 2-3 left altogether from those). I also finished three of the four storylines in SL, I just have to level my Horde monk and do Bastion.

I'm rolling an Undead Rogue for TBC Classic. In a weird way I am a little excited about TBC whereas I had no care to play classic.

Good luck! Share how it goes, I'm curious to hear what the experience is like.

I didn't find Classic to be much of a solo game, and no one was ever really around for me to team with, so...