• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

World of Warcraft

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I failed for the first time tonight in a regular Torghast run and am kinda cheesed off about it.

... Finally got the final boss: Warden of Souls. Died three time before I finally went and read up... and I still could not solo him, although I did better. he drops ick pools that you need to get him out of, or he will not take much damage. Meanwhile, he has an occasional fear that if you miss it, you'll run for 4-5 seconds AND take lots of damage as well from the fear. MEANWHILE... he keeps summoning three demons, which aren't hard to kill, but they are often inside the large ick pools so to get to them you will be taking damage and leading him back into his buff pools AND he summons trios of them fairly regularly and they stack. These demons all cast ranged drain on you, so if you end up inside their 35 yard range and you're NOT killing them, it's pretty much game over. I got him down once to about 25% health, but seriously.... it's a cruel hard fight. It really sucks to work so hard to claw your way to the final boss after 45 minutes and 6 levels and then have it all be a complete waste of time. But I am thinking now, maybe I can do the same wing (to get the clue) but just at a lower level. Maybe that will be easier.

ERMIGOD I DID IT

I thought I ran this on Mort'regar Layer 5 last night, but maybe it was Layer 6? I don't know -- I haven't tested yet to see if the levels are truly random when you pick a particular layer (does it always have the same type of layout?)

Anyway, i tried Mort Layer 6 and the layer layout was actually easier than last night, not nearly as much a pain in the ass. I also read up on Wowhead a little more -- I realized too that the "death pools" come when you kill a demon, their body drops and creates these swelling pools that you don't want to stand in but that can grow (esp if you kill a cluster of demons) to take over an entire hallway. They stick around for a minute or two, then disappear. But it happens where a demon dies -- so if you position yourself in a "better" spot so your usable fight space isn't filled with multiple pools, that is a good thing. It just gets hard when you have a pack of four demons. [I had this crazy fight tonight where almost the entire hall was full of black goo and I was wedged into a crack to escape, STILL fighting off demons... and then I soulshaped to teleport across the goo and move to a sliver of bare patch left.]

I also figured out the mechanic of the resurrecting demon -- basically you have a little time after you kill it before another one with minimal health respawns exactly where the first started. So don't dally -- try to pull any close packs away from that area, and he won't come after once he respawns. But you might need to kill him again, if you have to go back that way. The worst places are where he is located in a small space / room and you have other elites you need to fight -- he will aggro on you. You have to try to pull the other stuff out of the area before he respawns if at all possible.

Anyway, one item you can buy from the vendor on floor 3 (or technically floor 6, but why buy it then? You've cleared the layer by that point except for the boss!) allows you to turn a non-elite into an anima sphere that you can get a power from. Well, I thought it was a random power, so i didn't bother with it -- but no, it is predefined based on what wing you're running (?) and here is almost essential. For Mort, apparently it gives you a power where instead of killing you, you can "suck up the poison" and heal for 777 per 1 second until the pool is gone. The bigger the pool, the more health you can get from it. Anyway, this is rather amazing because it not only prevents the pools from killing you once you get this power, but you can use them as additional healing -- leave the pools behind you and retreat to them if the next pack is killing you.

Anyway, at floor 3 it shows you the boss holographic for floor 6 -- that damned Warden of Souls again. I wonder if it is constant. But I got him again if not. So I was like "eh, great, all this time wasted, and I'm just gonna die again." But I figured out HOW to beat him... on the very first reattempt. (WHEW.)

it was exhilarating to get him down to 20% and realize I was owning that fight, was barely winded, and it was a done deal.

Note that there were two additional powers that popped up while I was clearing that layer -- one reduces magical dmg by 35% while increasing physical by 10%, and the other is vice versa. The first one could be really helpful against him and even against the demons in general in Mort. I think the magical damage is worse, so...

----

Got the clue to Thane, so now I get to rescue him.

Also got enough Soul Ash to upgrade Belt to 210.

Last night the 210 was selling for 55K and the 225 was selling for 45K.

Tonight I went into AH and the 210 was selling for 6.5K (MUCH CHEAPER -- same price as 190) and the 225 was 240K (ROFLMAO) and the 235 was 425K. Like, WHAT?

iLvl 184 now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Saved Thane.

The quest-related Torghast runs are easier than the free-form ones IMO.

There is a Beastwarrens window in mid-end of this week for a few days (it's an every-other part-of-week things like the Mogul invasions from BFA in Vale) -- it's a big deal in that you might get a mount drop being one of the only two mounts that can be used in the Maw. But you need to complete the #6 quest and have Venari at Ambivalent or something, and I only have that rep halfway through Tentative rep. So I might not have BW access for this cycle.

After saving Thane, you have to find clues regarding Anduin in the Twisting Corridors (yes, the 18-floor thing). I think you need three clues altogether and they apparently drop off the boss every six levels. You might be able to combine clues from multiple runs. I got the first clue from Floor 6 -- had to defeat Warden of Souls again, this time it was hairier because the trio of life-sucking spirits did not drop clustered like last time, but I still had the right strategy and completed it on first try despite a few close calls -- and then proceeded up through Floor 12. I read about the random boss there before fighting and everyone is complaining -- only a few specs are really having success (typically ranged w/ lots of tank pets and/or stun locks), I made one attempt and quit because I was late going to bed. Note again that floor 3 of each 6-floor cycle has a holo image of the boss on floor 6, so you can see ahead of time how lucky you were or were not before investing in a few more floors.

That is another problem with TC 18-levels -- you are forced to do 18 levels to complete a section, but if you get bad boss drops and/or bad anima power drops for said boss, you can get hosed after investing more than an hour in a run, with nothing to show. I suspect the devs might eventually mitigate this somehow, once they get enough complaints and people stop attempting Torghast. It's amazing what the difference is between a "bad random level" and an "easy random level" looks like. I got another platform level and it was populated by low-power monsters, but the first time I got such a level it was a killer.

For converting a monster into an anima cell:
- Along with the "no longer get poisoned by black goo pools but use them for healing" power when used on the demons, you can also get
- on floors with fire-casting wizards and warriors, you can get a "reduce all fire damage by 65%" -- the change in play is very noticeable, from struggling to survive to plowing through fairly easily
will have to try the item on other types of floors/monsters to see what unique power is attached.

There is an issue with Legendaries too -- I think maybe soulbinds/covenants, there are multiple viable selections available for each spec in most cases, you're not forced down a certain road -- but it is really looking like there are a bunch of "junk" legendaries out there for each spec, you're basically channeled into only using 1-2 of all the pool of legendaries. This reminds me of legendaries back in Legion, since you were limited in the number you could use (1 or 2 max eventually) -- and there were optimized legendaries for each spec and most of the rest were just really junk for that spec.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands - More Torghast Pains | MMORPG.com

While this is an opinion column, in general the criticisms are fair. I think the biggest issue with Torghast currently is the sheer unpredictability of floor content, which deadens enthusiam.

On Monday I tried do to the first full level of Twisting Corridors. Got a bunch of epic powers and had a lot of increased HPs, etc. IOW, a perfect setup for a great run.

I had to work to beat the bosses at floors 6 and 12 but felt a sense of accomplishment about it, like I had earned the victories. I had six floors to go and felt like I could beat the boss projected for floor 18, to complete the level.

Some of the mid/latter segments were horrifically easy. In fact, I got one whole floor that had the gated floating islands but was inhabited by nothing but mawrats. Picked up what amounted to 5-6 free anima powers because nothing was really guarding them, although the powers were not great.

It was all a lie -- Floor 14 wasn't much fun, and when I got to floor 16 the game pulled out the stops -- it pulled demons/ghosts from Mort content (which seems to be the main culprit here, in all the complaints). I felt like my attacks became very ineffectual, it was hard to kill even non-elite demons. I couldn't get enough anima to afford the item that would give me protection from the drain puddles, and I ended up not even beating the last boss in two consecutive levels... I just ran past it and through the floor gate.

Got to floor 17. Impossible to clear based on layout and mob cluster. Didn't even clear the first mob area before I lost 5 lives. And this was ret pally (which is pretty solid), with a lot of great anima powers. I did make a final ditch "run for the end" once or twice but the last two mob clusters just pretty much insta-kill you. Note that all I had to do was reach the gate, but I couldn't even do that. I guess a stealth spec could have pulled that bit off.

Which meant I blew a lot of time on what seemed like a sure thing, and it was a complete waste in terms of progress.

The problem is that over 18 floors the power of "luck" slowly gets weeded out, you're far more likely to experience a few bad breaks that could kill the run. Meanwhile, it's not really scaled or built like a normal progression. It's one thing to have a controlled experience like horrific visions, where you basically "grow into the experience" and develop expertise, and your experience matters and can produce results. YOu go in, your gear is slowly improved over time so you can do harder things, you practice and learn the maps and challenges, you increase the scaling based on mask use (so you know when it will be harder), and everything is incremental. Torghast is currently just pure chaos, at least with Twisting Corridors. yOu don't know what you're going to get, you might not have what you need to challenge it, the challenge content might be above your spec/gear/ability to conquer it so you're hosed automatically, and with 18 floors before hitting a milestone, chances are even with a good run, you could get ruined by one bad break.

This isn't really conducive to enjoyment or wanting to invest a lot of time in it, where the outcome seems arbitrary and even capricious.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Finished the Night Fae campaign yesterday unexpectedly.

Lots of buku rewards for doing so
- 187 weapon
- 187 offhand
- high-end mount
- new soulshape
- another renown boost

and other assorted junk.

Anyway, I did my part in protecting the Shadowlands and Ardenweald is back on track.
Everyone else needs to start pulling their weight!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the week is almost up, but there was a Torghast Mount/Beast event this past week.

When you enter Torghast, the initial anima sphere will offer two of three possible beasts to accompany you through your run. (You are not required to pick either. Also, if you want the missing one, which is random each time, you can exit Torghast and try again.)

The pets look to be tank, damage, and control style beasts.

If you do pick a pet, you will get options at times of adding powers to your pet instead of yourself when you find new anima spheres.

The pets are really useful -- at least the tank was, he not only taunts but he also has a stun. You can get powers to boost your pet's HP, damage, speed, cooldown of special ability, etc. I would have recommended doing any Twisting Corridors you would have liked to get out of the way. If the pet goes down, it goes into suspended animation for 10-15 seconds while it recharges, then just reboots back online... but you're on your own for that span of time.

For me, I used the pets to get my Shadow Priest up high enough to get the Legendary she wanted. I honestly don't know (with how the bosses are tuned) how she would have made it without the tank... and this was only 1-3 floors in a regular Torghast run. The first Floor was easy, I did it without a pet a few weeks ago. Floors 2-3 would have sucked without the pet.

Even with the tank pet, I failed at Floor 8 with my ret pally on one of this week's open wings; the end boss was just too hard to beat. Like, srsly, Blizz? I'm 188 iLvl. Oh well.

-----------

Torghast perk: Companions: You can pick up a lot of companions running Torghast and doing the special quests -- I think about 10% of the time, I end up getting the NPC I help as a companion back at my mission table. I have a good 10-15 companions already on my mission table.

[Special quests -- On some levels you run across NPCs you can "free" and then help them achieve their goal, such as finding and releasing a friend of theirs or retrieving a particular item lost on the floor somewhere. Typically you get a free anima power for finishing this mini-quest, but on occasion they will offer you their services on your mission table instead. Note: It makes sense that even if you find the lost object, don't resolve it immediately -- go ahead and clean the floor with their help, since they disappear once you finish the quest.]

----------

Notable Torghast Epic Powers: there's a few epic powers that are kinda "ehhhhhh". One that shows up for Ret Pally I think absorbs damage or something when Avenging Wrath is up, but if you fail to kill your opponent by the time it ends, you take all the damage you would have taken. This could really suck in a boss fight; one way to mitigate I think would be to get stacks of the Hammer of Justice extending Avenging Wrath by 3-4 seconds, I did that on one run and my Avenging Wrath just stayed up and up and up. Couple that with a few stacks of "AW is up for 30 seconds when you enter a floor" -- I had mine up to 1:30 minutes and it was glorious in a boss fight because you can then chain it with your CD for Avenging Wrath.

Another epic power I found for the first time on Floor 2 with my shadow priest today offers you a tradeoff: 15% damage/healing PER LEVEL in your run, but you lose 5% of your max health PER LEVEL as well. It's also retroactive, so if it drops later, it will reduce stuff accordingly while really ramping up your damage. So your game really becomes "how fast can I one shot everything?"

Doing this on a Twisting Corridor run could potentially be disastrous, as by level 18 you are only at 10% of your max health. A normal 6-level run? not too bad (you are +90% heal/mg and 30% down in max health.) You can use regular anima powers (like increase max health by 15%) but note it is calculating this by whatever your current max health is.

This actually was a great deal for a shadow priest with a tank beast. I was doing okay but had to work at each level until I took this power, then suddenly I just started slamming through the levels. It was pretty awesome.

I ran Floors 2 & 3 back to back, with the same tank beast. Floor 2, I steadily took out the boss (which some people were saying was too hard) and was really happy I had this power. The game gave me the SAME BOSS for my Floor 3 run, without said power. I did beat him (after one death from a power he has that one-shots); but it took me 2-3x as long and I had to really pay attention to not miss a dodge and to make sure I was mitigating as much as I could. That's really sick, though that Floor 3 is hard (in one of the "easier" wings) and there are 8 Floors. Definitely easier on a ret pally solo. Shadow Priest just needs to work a lot harder.

----

Beastwardens: Mount Drop Hunt: I also got access to the Beastwardens with my ret pally this week during the three day Hunt with the mount drop, I got it with a day to spare. (You have to finish Rule 6 and do a retrieval quest in Beastwardens.)

The hunt boss (a large mechanical hound) is hard enough that you should have 3-4 people doing it. An Ally warlock and I tackled it at first and it was touch and go; I never died but boy was I divvying my time 50/50 between healing myself and doing damage, burning all my CDs, and also taunting the boss back to me (sigh, ouch) when it started going after the squishy. Fortunately a DH showed up partway through the fight (and then maybe a warrior?), so we finished strong. No drop, but I am just happy to have had a shot at it. This is one of the two mounts that you can actually use in the Maw; the other, you can only get by finishing 8 Floors (18 levels each) of Twisting Corridors. This hunt is up for 3.5 days every 14, with one shot at the loot.

I've been doing daily/weekly things in BFA too (Will of Nzoth, Corpse Eater, Rustfeather, Arachnid thingamajig, for drops I'm trying to get, but no luck either).

Note that as a 188 iLvl ret pally, I am now blowing through Legion content. The opening boss from the Gates of Hell raid sequence is essentially a DPS test and on Raid I just crushed him. I might have beaten him (or gotten close) on Heroic raid with my max BFA build, but I think I might be able to beat him on Heroic now at this iLvl.

----

Torghast Legendary Drops are account-wide. This is based on my experience so far (noticing that legendaries I did not get with my Shadow Priest are showing up in her list).Torghast rewards are typically account wide (well, aside from the Soul Ash), although obviously if a legendary is specific to a spec rather than a general purpose legendary, then it won't appear on another spec's list.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
WoW's RNG really sucks.

I got a 200 level item for doing TW a month ago.

I have gotten three items, since then, in the Vault. Two of them were the exact same item as that one (only lower iLvl); only one item was different, but useless to me. At least it's fodder for disenchantment (to get epic mats), but srsly Bliz? What are the odds of getting the same item essentially 75% of the time on what should have been a full Nathria list of options?

(In other news, I have now killed nine bosses in Nathria raids and never got a drop yet.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No drops yet after the latest Raid thing, but I got a decent drop from my weekly Vault -- it's only a 187 ring but it has +120 haste on it, another stat, and a socket (!). Now I have a +20% haste, so that's good. Ret Pally doesn't seem to favor particular stats yet, but I do notice an improvement when I can jack up my haste to a reasonable amount.

Wanted to run more TW last week -- I did all 5 on ret pally last Tues, then just didn't have time / didn't feel like playing a ton, despite it being helpful to my lower iLvl alts. Oh well.

Finished a level 8 in Torghast.

Spent more time (when I played) doing "fun" things which amounted mostly to mount chasing. I only need two more days to finish Blanchy (the red ghost horse) and I got the Gorger drop, so you have to do 7 days of daily quest with him before he becomes a mount. I also acquired the dreamcatcher and grouped to kill the Night Mare and got that drop. And I reached Level 3 of Anima channeling in Ardenweald and channeled to the mist maze so I could see the seed and debuff the rare there -- and after three attempts finally got that mount drop. So I have been doing well with mount drops. I actually only need about 18 more to reach 350 and get another bonus mount.

For kicks, I also went back to Legion and started running Nighthold with my iLvl190 ret pally for xmog. I ran it easily on Normal and Heroic. I'll try mythic this week and see how i do. I also am capable of killing the final boss in the Legion Invasion portals (3 regular portals, then the Greater Invasion with the final boss). So that is all scaling decently.

I also beat the opening boss in Gates of Hell on Mythic in Tomb of Sargaras (!), but then died on the second boss who never gave me trouble before. It's mostly a DPS check with additional buffs created by murloch adds, and it is just too much. Oh well.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I finally upgraded my last blue slot (my helm) from my TW'ing chest, which granted me the "Epic" achievement for Shadowlands. I haven't been playing nearly as much since I ruined my other computer and now I'm using this outdated one. I upgraded that slot from a 171 to a 200, which hosted my ilevel to 197. You're gonna catch me here soon, lol.

I've been debating leveling up a Prot warrior. I feel like tanking, but don't really feel like doing so on my Paladin (I really have no idea what to do with that character, honestly. May just make him Ret and be done with it).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like the old-school Warcraft II Tides of Darkness. Some great character dialogue

grom hellscream was funny

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the old-school Warcraft II Tides of Darkness. Some great character dialogue

grom hellscream was funny

Stigmata could probably talk your ear off about hellscream lore.

There's definitely a lot of really funny dialogue through Wow in various expansions, if you pay attention and hit the right quests.

I would like to have the job of naming quests. Most of them are puns of some kind and/or ripping of pop culture. I was kinda mad that they used my "Liches Get Stitches," I already coined that as the title of one of our D&D episodes...

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would like to have the job of naming quests. Most of them are puns of some kind and/or ripping of pop culture. I was kinda mad that they used my "Liches Get Stitches," I already coined that as the title of one of our D&D episodes...

Yes! Over the last several expansions, not only have they incorporated more pop-culture references into the quest names, they've become increasingly more risque about the things they reference. They've got some bigly brained creatives geniuses working there now that routinely come up with ones that make me laugh. I also love funny guild names. Real Housewives of Azeroth is one that I saw the other day that required me to message the person ingame and let him know how awesome it was.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes! Over the last several expansions, not only have they incorporated more pop-culture references into the quest names, they've become increasingly more risque about the things they reference.

OMG. I forget which quest line it is, but the entire line (all the names) is all risque with double entrendes. I was surprised they just went right for it and didn't apologize, lol.

I also love funny guild names. Real Housewives of Azeroth is one that I saw the other day that required me to message the person ingame and let him know how awesome it was.

Aw man. I would join that. I want to wreak havoc, blow up shit, and lord my hot bitchy self over the other guild members. I bet they are all BELFs. Well, except you are probably Alliance.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Torghast sucks.

Did a level 8 run in Upper reaches with my 192 pally. A little rough, but eventually got to the end. Boss is ridiculously overtuned (Patrician Cromwell). Knew the fight, was hoping that the bitching in Wowhead was now outdated, but... nope. Four tries, only got them down to about 40% and that's with interrupts, pulling out all my CDs, etc., and a buku amount of decent anima powers.

Come on Blizz. How many people are going to play these things if you waste an hour to get to the ending you can't win, depending on RNG? I think folks with a tank pet might have a better shot.

---

In other more frivolous news, I got/earned two cool new mounts, since you basically have to do a week of quests once activated to achieve them:
- Blanchy (the red ghost horse)
- Loyal Gorger (you sit on its head, like Son of Grumpus)

I also have enjoyed going back to a raid I enjoy, the Nighthold. Earning the keys to leap to end: Currently 2/4 normal; 2/4 heroic; 1/4 mythic. Normal and Heroic were simple.

Wondered how solo Mythic would go; the answer is not really that bad at all, the fights just take twice as long. This is only an issue with the Astronomer (due to Stage 3 -- gotta tank the Beast Not to Be Known away from the boss), and Krossus, who smashes the damn bridge -- I knew that was coming, just didn't know the timing, his smash is fast, and I died twice before getting it right on the third try and then it's a cinch if you dodge that first bridge-crack. (tips: you don't have to stand at the edge, this gives you less space to travel; and it's the third smash sequence; and it's also the smash where two circles do not appear on the bridge surface. Honestly, if you are NOT sure when it is appearing but just have a general idea, it's fine to move back on the bridge early and kill adds, because early won't kill you but late will.)

Also, the botanist is annoying -- fortunately i burned down the right member of the trio (all of whom start the fight, versus N/H where they appear later) first, and it was more about just staying topped off and moving about and Freedom'ing when rooted, and persisting. that guy is a nut.

Okay. Elisandre or whoever (the main boss) is pretty easy in comparison, just burn her down three times. At 192 pally, you don't have to dodge or mitigate anything, really... just do occasional FoL to heal.

Guldan was a little rougher on Mythic, but I burned through him... and then got smoked on The Monster Within (the black shade of Illidan?) I could have kept up with him... but he hits you with a 100% heal debuff, so I couldn't heal. I watched some videos after, and it looks like I need to interrupt the first cast of the internal worms, to postpone the damage I am taking, and meanwhile have my CDs ready to pop and go to town on him, so I need to play a little more conservatively with Guldan. Razor Coral seemed to be a big thing back in BFA to deal with him (due to the huge crit buff you can get off it -- it was a great trinket, I had a 415 version of it that was competitive for DMG into about i445-i460 range).

Anyway, I did not beat him that time, for a chance at the super-cool red mount drop, but I will try again this week and work at it. tl;dr, Mythic was a bit of a chore at times, but I never felt seriously like I couldn't beat a boss until I hit the very last Monster Within boss.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ALong with the horrible Torghast RNG, I'll toss in the Mission Table as well.

The mission strengths are all over the map. I happen to also be on the easiest of the four factions (NF) in terms of being able to finish hard missions like Ash quests early on due to the composition of my two shock troops so I had a lot of early successes at the table.

Well, now I find it hard (even with 16-17 different companions, the highest at 30) to do any of these missions. I have 12 missions or more at a time and can barely do 3 of them sometimes, even with the easiest combinations.

I just installed one of the best mission table plugins that changes your interface + calculates your odds of winning with a particular combo (and you can do a sample run as well to check) -- and even using that, I cannot complete successfully any of the ten new missions I checked today after the weekly reset. Not even the easiest ones. I think the best I got was a squeaker where I had a very slight advantage and MIGHT win.

Again, WTF you doon Blizz??? THis is all the fault of the RNG once you get into higher levels. When you have as many options as I have with so many companions, I should be able to complete SOME of the missions SOME of the time. Not lose with a great staff all the time.

A minor point of gratitude -- even if you lose, you get XP. SO your dead characters that need a few days to heal can slowly gain XP even if they are slaughtered. But I think it's a lousy game design for the method of advancement being to repeatedly have to wipe your companions on multiple quests in order to raise their level. Like, what is that? Hilariously, the plug-in plays off it - there's a small skull icon that you can click that literally is labeled "Send these 5 companions to their deaths", and that will fill all five slots with your five lowest-level companions. You know they will be slaughtered, but it's all for the Experience Points, bay-bee.

EDIT: Also for RNG -- got a belt this week. My legendary 225 is a belt. Oh well, at least it was good for xmog.

Also This week is the 4 Mythic Dungeons event.... for a 207 level item I think. If you do higher than level 0, I guess it will also give you more options on the Vault?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Healed a +10 Mythic Theater of Pain that took about an hour and a half. Despite obviously missing the key and the group dying a total of 56 times, everyone was at least cool and stuck around throughout -- people failed on paying attention to mechanics, which led to some of the trash pulls being quite painful. Didn't get any loot from the dungeon itself but will get a guaranteed ilevel 220 piece from the chest when it resets. I finally upgraded my gloves with a 200ilevel pair from a +8 Halls of Ascension, which before I had a pair of 184s from Mythic 0 from when I first start doing Mythic dungeons. I'd been slacking the past few weeks and pretty much didn't play at all, but I think now I'm at 198 ilevel.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Healed a +10 Mythic Theater of Pain that took about an hour and a half. Despite obviously missing the key and the group dying a total of 56 times, everyone was at least cool and stuck around throughout -- people failed on paying attention to mechanics, which led to some of the trash pulls being quite painful. Didn't get any loot from the dungeon itself but will get a guaranteed ilevel 220 piece from the chest when it resets. I finally upgraded my gloves with a 200ilevel pair from a +8 Halls of Ascension, which before I had a pair of 184s from Mythic 0 from when I first start doing Mythic dungeons. I'd been slacking the past few weeks and pretty much didn't play at all, but I think now I'm at 198 ilevel.

Here's a question. I have barely done any dungeons. What are the easiest 2-3 mechanically, if I have to leap in and do them on low-level Mythic to complete this week's event? (I kinda don't want to leap into something where not having done the dungeon before means I won't have special mechanics knowledge that could disrupt the run.)

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a question. I have barely done any dungeons. What are the easiest 2-3 mechanically, if I have to leap in and do them on low-level Mythic to complete this week's event? (I kinda don't want to leap into something where not having done the dungeon before means I won't have special mechanics knowledge that could disrupt the run.)

Mists of Tirna Scithe
Plaguefall
De other side (the hardest part about this dungeon is remembering to take the portals on the last boss)

Are probably the easiest 3 in terms of mechanics. If you just sort of follow everyone's lead and watch basic "don't stand in bad stuff" mechanics, you should be fine with minimal knowledge of the encounters.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FFS.

1. Love is In the Air / Valentine's day event is up for two weeks (started yesterday). run the daily with all characters you can, for a chance to win the rocket mount that only drops in this event.

2. I ran it today as the Healer on my DISC priest and burst out laughing after we killed the boss trio. I was in a PUG with two priests (the other was Shadow, a DPS spec), and three Death Knights, and I would like to assume they were not ALL Blood (aka tank) spec?

I was high DPS as the healer, while also managing to keep everyone alive.
I had 18K in Skada, and the next two highest scores were two DKs at 3K apiece. The other priest was dead last with 1.5K.

This is just wrong on so many levels. :rofl1:

I am supposing I was the only level 60 in that crowd, apparently?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got a massive upgrade in my chest this week -- Upgraded my 184 ring to a 220 with the exact same stats. I haven't even really been playing much at all. Last week was probably the most mythic dungeons I'd ran in a long while. That +10 that was a wipefest ended up being worth it because it calculated my chest reward off that +10 dungeon. This brings my ilevel to 201.

I'm kind of at a standstill unless I either start pugging heroic/mythic raids, or do higher level keyed Mythic dungeons.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I stopped playing Shadowlands after I did all the dungeons on heroic and got my fully upgraded honor set. I loved playing my warrior and rogue this expansion, but it still feels like a single-player game to me. I'd rather wipe continuously in Classic with my goofy ass guild. If anyone else is on Benediction, let me know! I have a 49 paladin I'm leveling on there.